Player Discussion Parker Wotherspoon (re-signed 1yr $800k)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I didn’t see a thread for him but this guy’s been nails playing some difficult minutes.

I haven't seen a lot but like what I see.

The other day he gave an opponent a good shove in the crease after a whiste. Just because.

Like that.

Wother you realize it or not I pegged this guy as serviceable from the get-go

hehe

I hope he proves worthy.

might be the sandpaperiest guy on the team rn

The Bruins need a lot more sandpaper.

A lot more.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I liked him in preseason. I thought he stood out among the other prospects and played an NHL level game and was surprised when I saw he's already seen NHL action in the past and that he was a little older. Solid so far as a bottom pairing, simple and safe D.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As per Sportsnet
Defenseman Brandon Carlo, who sustained an upper-body injury last Monday in Colorado, was placed on long-term injured reserve.
Sportsnet.ca

I went by CapFriendly. Usually they are nuts on.

as well as Bruins official site.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I may be one of Grzelcyk’s biggest supporters on the board. And I didn’t have a single shred of expectation for Wotherspoon.

Wotherspoon > Grizz this season

I don’t know if it’s just that he stands out due to his physicality on a roster that needs more like him? But Wotherspoon has been better than serviceable. I like him a lot.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wish we had another year on his deal could end up a 2nd pairing guy who just doesn't play PP minutes.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He's been a good stay at home defenseman thus far.
I may be one of Grzelcyk’s biggest supporters on the board. And I didn’t have a single shred of expectation for Wotherspoon.

Wotherspoon > Grizz this season

I don’t know if it’s just that he stands out due to his physicality on a roster that needs more like him? But Wotherspoon has been better than serviceable. I like him a lot.
Montgomery changed how the Bruins break the puck out of their zone this season, D->F in the defensive zone rather than D skating the puck out into the neutral zone or pass to a F who's in the neutral zone. I think it had a lot to do with minimizing giving the other teams odd-man rush opportunities.

Apart from the rare occasion of Lohrei or McAvoy skating the puck out of their zone, the new system is built for someone more like Wotherspoon than Grzelcyk because its success is dependent on defensemen winning board battles, using the body, and being more physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad