Confirmed with Link: Parenteau to NSH for 2017 6th.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Are people honestly under the impression that Shero held out for less than he could have gotten somehow?

This reflects zero on Shero and everything on the market.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
lol so he has better offers but then just decided for a 6th round pick. get real...this board lol

"I hear ya X GM, a 3rd would be nice. But I'm sticking with my guns, I think we can land a real home run in the 6th round this season!"

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
lol the people grading Shero's deadline who have no idea what the market for PAP and Quincey were.

No other team even submitted a waiver claim on PAP in September...Quincey was a healthy scratch for us down the stretch at times...

Lighten up people.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It's PA ****ing Parenteau.

We got him for nothing when nobody wanted him and got almost nothing in return. Not everyone can be Jaromir Jagr.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Yeah, very disappointing market this year ... figured we'd get a couple 3rd's for P.A. and Quincey .. obviously there were no serious takers out there for that kind of riff raff.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
When you see what Philly got for a washed up Streit compared to what we got today (trash and a low round pick).

I would have been happier with 2 6th rounders that Prout.

But, I was expecting a 3rd or even 4th for PAP.
Was hoping for a 3rd for KQ too.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
When you see what Philly got for a washed up Streit compared to what we got today (trash and a low round pick).

they took filpulla back. he has one year left with 5m and a NMC. not even close to comparable to the deals the devils did.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

Once Vanek got just a 3rd your dreams of that should have stopped immediately

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Parenteau has a bad finger injury and still got a pick. Honestly I was kind of assuming he would go for nothing with the injury. I think that's what hurt his stock.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
lol the people grading Shero's deadline who have no idea what the market for PAP and Quincey were.

No other team even submitted a waiver claim on PAP in September...Quincey was a healthy scratch for us down the stretch at times...

Lighten up people.

The corpse of Jarome Iginla got a 4th rounder.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
We got a free 6th rounder guys calm down. Claiming PA a week before the season then turning that into a pick is a win. If Shero could have gotten more he would have.

seriously its more important that we are making room for younger players than the return.. i would have thought a little more for him.. but every year is different and its obvious this was not a great year for sellers. and quite frankly we didn't have much to offer.. he made the moves nonetheless . the off season will be way more important.. the trade deadline is for teams in the playoffs beefing up rosters and adding missing pieces... would have liked more for both players but didn't want to see either of them back next year... on the flip side i think nashville made a nice trade to get PA good piece to add and we payed them back a little for giving up a 4th for fiddler

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Good point on timing being a factor. Either Shero trades PA now, gets something or keeps him and lets him walk at the end of the season. I'm glad he got something.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Streit has 21 points this year to go along with a strong performance history. There's no comparison to be made between him and Quincey.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Parenteau is going to miss at least 2 games. That probably affected his value.

I wonder if Vrbata not getting traded had an impact as well. Maybe teams would've been on other wingers if he'd been moved early in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad