Value of: Parayko

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'd do it for Alexandrov. It's a lot of futures from the Oilers, but it's a huge win-now and I would be confident in re-signing Parayko.
You know a lot of people are thinking this is fair. I'm surprised. Yes it hurts from both teams but it also does the following.

For blues
1) opens up 5.5 mil in cap to sign petro, dunn, schwartz
2) blues get a high ceiling rhd prospect similar to petro on elc to take #2rhd when faulk is gone and can play 3rhd next year
3) blues get an offensive minded young center ready to make team next year also on elc.
4) blues can pick at 14 and get a highly toated bluechipper of thier xhosing while also picking at 26 to fill in hole of our farm.

For edm
1) they get the beast in parayko to pair with Kieffer. And nurse can have Larson for shut down. Edm defense just became solid.
2) you get alexandrov whom is a good defensive center projected at mid 2c high 3c and will be ready in another year and can replace losing lavoie.
3) parayko is home town boy and would most likely resign in edm for a good freindly deal.

this is a true win win. Situation and only happens if petro agrees to resign long term.
3)

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
blues could run the following lines next year when fully healthy.

Schwartz ror perron
Schenn Thomas kyrou
Sandford bozak/lavoie kostin
Mack barbashev blais

Mikola petro
Scandella faulk
Dunn bouchard / boots

Winnington husso

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
You know a lot of people are thinking this is fair. I'm surprised. Yes it hurts from both teams but it also does the following.

For blues
1) opens up 5.5 mil in cap to sign petro, dunn, schwartz
2) blues get a high ceiling rhd prospect similar to petro on elc to take #2rhd when faulk is gone and can play 3rhd next year
3) blues get an offensive minded young center ready to make team next year also on elc.
4) blues can pick at 14 and get a highly toated bluechipper of thier xhosing while also picking at 26 to fill in hole of our farm.

For edm
1) they get the beast in parayko to pair with Kieffer. And nurse can have Larson for shut down. Edm defense just became solid.
2) you get alexandrov whom is a good defensive center projected at mid 2c high 3c and will be ready in another year and can replace losing lavoie.
3) parayko is home town boy and would most likely resign in edm for a good freindly deal.

this is a true win win. Situation and only happens if petro agrees to resign long term.
3)

Fax in the paperwork!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Parayko’s trade value is about as big as he is. It’s massive. Multiple top prospects and (or) high picks. D men like him don’t grow on trees. Heck he is the tree!

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Somehow you're missing Tarasenko, Sundqvist, Gunnarsson, & Steen
Steen is bad and injured tarasenko is injured. Yeah i did miss sudnquvist my bad. Rather have him over sandford. Gunnerson is bad would be good to lose. I'm just spittin some lines.

If this trade was to take. How would you do the lines knowing steen snd tank are injured

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
No, your proposal isn't crap because you are a Leafs fan.

It's just a crap proposal regardless who offers that.

You realize you offered:

a pick that won't help them for years...If they draft well. Draft poorly and it's wasted completely.
A 3rd line depth player
A 3rd pairing D
A AHL forward who might not have an NHL future.

It's crap.
No. It isn’t. Your perception of talent is crap.

I offered them a 15th overall pick in a deep draft (which would be highly coveted.

I offered them a 2nd/3rd line winger or a 2nd/ 3rd line Center

I offered them our best RHD prospect who is a former 1st rounder and who is developing quite nicely and is ready for the big show.

I offered them a C level prospect with offensive upside who may need a change of scenery and a better opportunity to crack into the league.

The OP didn’t want much salary back. If he did I was willing to offer the likes of Nylander +

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Steen is bad and injured tarasenko is injured. Yeah i did miss sudnquvist my bad. Rather have him over sandford. Gunnerson is bad would be good to lose. I'm just spittin some lines.

If this trade was to take. How would you do the lines knowing steen snd tank are injured

I don't think the deal works.

Let's pretend (will be a theme of this post) your deal is finalized of Parayko + Alexandrov for the 1st, Bouchard, and Lavoie. Both Bouchard and Lavoie are in the minors and you want to sign Pietrangelo. Again let's pretend you can sign Pietrangelo for 8x8. You now have a 22 man roster and the cap hit is $78,846,904 leaving $2,653,096 in space.

That's Schwartz, ROR, Perron, Kyrou, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schenn, Sanford, Bozak, Blais, Barbashev, Sundqvist, MacEachern, Steen, and De La Rose on forward. You have Scandella, Pietrangelo, Gunnarsson, Faulk, and Bortuzzo on D with Binnington and Husso.

You still have to sign Dunn and he might be closer to 3 million. Even if somehow you can sign him to 2 million because he doesn't have arbitration rights that only leaves 600k and unless Army has changed his ways he doesn't like being that tight against the cap.

If you wanted the above deal to happen you still need to get rid of a bigger contract like Bozak or Steen etc...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Let's pretend (will be a theme of this post) your deal is finalized of Parayko + Alexandrov for the 1st, Bouchard, and Lavoie. Both Bouchard and Lavoie are in the minors and you want to sign Pietrangelo. Again let's pretend you can sign Pietrangelo for 8x8. You now have a 22 man roster and the cap hit is $78,846,904 leaving $2,653,096 in space.

That's Schwartz, ROR, Perron, Kyrou, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schenn, Sanford, Bozak, Blais, Barbashev, Sundqvist, MacEachern, Steen, and De La Rose on forward. You have Scandella, Pietrangelo, Gunnarsson, Faulk, and Bortuzzo on D with Binnington and Husso.

You still have to sign Dunn and he might be closer to 3 million. Even if somehow you can sign him to 2 million because he doesn't have arbitration rights that only leaves 600k and unless Army has changed his ways he doesn't like being that tight against the cap.

If you wanted the above deal to happen you still need to get rid of a bigger contract like Bozak or Steen etc...

We will have 3 to 5 mil in ltir. So that wouldn't be a problem. Bouchard is nhl ready per edm writters lavoie is close too. That's 890,000. We could buy out steen. It can work.

So are you saying don't sign petro and keep parayko. Just curios

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

I offered them a 15th overall pick in a deep draft (which would be highly coveted.

I offered them our best RHD prospect who is a former 1st rounder and who is developing quite nicely and is ready for the big show.

I offered them a C level prospect with offensive upside who may need a change of scenery and a better opportunity to crack into the league.

The OP didn’t want much salary back. If he did I was willing to offer the likes of Nylander +

Blues have players like johnson in spades. The op ask for no money coming back. How does 2.5 mil cap relief help blues resign thier players. Johnson engval are junk. Liljgren is ceiling top 4 and has had set backs. Per all leafs fans. The only thing of actual value was pick. You low balled and its a bad offet

Reactions: sfvega and Tripod

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Parayko makes 5.5 so yes i think we need to move some more players out. Or not sign petro

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I can't see the Blues moving out Parayko on top of losing Bouwmeester and potentially Piets. That is literally putting a sword through their competitive advantage that their entire squad has been based on four the last five or six years.

The context of the thread is that they'd trade Parayko in order to sign Pietrangelo.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Seems bizarre.

Parayko is signed for two years and is only three years younger than Pietro. If you can deal Parayko for something good and end up clearing some space in the deal (perhaps by including a cap dump instead of just getting futures for Parayko) in order to sign Pietrangelo, it makes sense.

I'd be concerned they wouldn't get one high enough impact player back for Parayko, but it's not that strange.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

No, you offered absolutely nothing that really matters except the pick. Everything else is filler. Compare your crap offer to:

Bouchard, Lavoie, 14th OA

...that was offered.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Isn't edmonton paraykos hometown?

he is, but not a guarantee he re-signs. I would be a lot more comfortable if we didn’t have that last year of Neal in the 1st year of CP’s new deal.

Bouchard + Broberg + 14OA + 2021 EDM 1st
for
Parayko + StL 2021 1st

that would get it done. Bro takes sting out of moving Scandella if nec. And Rangers should be able to offer you a fair deal for Broberg.

The Oilers are not including Broberg in that package... it’s Bouchard, Lavoie and 14OA for Parayko and Alexandrov.

Nice try @bernmeister ... I see what you did there, the Rangers aren’t getting Broberg.

I'd do it for Alexandrov. It's a lot of futures from the Oilers, but it's a huge win-now and I would be confident in re-signing Parayko.

I said the same @ElPrimeTime ... it’s a lot of future to give up but because Parayko is a player that I feel we have a good chance at re-signings or a fair deal, it might be worth the risk.... but maybe, in a couple years, we can snag his as a UFA for nothing! ;)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No thats not enough.

I'm as open to ideas as you are.

The salary is a sensitive topic here so trying to get you very minimal salary going back.

15th overall is mandatory
Liljegren is a RHD to get into your system.

I don't know what else we would add that could help you now. Johnsson? Holds it over until Tarasenko is back? I'm seriously all ears. Outside of Matthews, most assets are on the table in this discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad