Value of: Parayko

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
ladies and gents. There has been a few less than reliable toronto sports writers that seem to think their is a deal being worked between. Blues and leafs for parayko. That being said both fanbases hold very different opinions on his value.

Please post what you think his current value is with trade props from your team. Also know the blues will not be taking salary back as the purpose for this hypothetical is to resign petro ( per sports analyst). Also please consider blues needs 1st round 2020 is a must.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
If Parayko was really being shopped for the sake of retaining Pietrangelo, Ottawa should offer the 5th OA pick+ for him.
Immediate impact

Reactions: Luckylarry

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’m going to assume the trade would happen to clear space for STL, so one of these two deals from the Oilers.....

To STL: Bouchard, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, WSH 3rd 2020

or

To STL: Klefbom, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, Bozak, 26th OA

Reactions: bendoc55

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If Tarasenko is out long term, Nylander could be a target.

But, as you requested, little salary to none being sent back.

15th overall
Liljegren/Dermott
Johnsson/Kerfoot
Bracco/Korshkov

For

Parayko

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Parayko is on such a sweetheart deal that I think almost any good team would still be very happy to accept more salary to offset a more expensive player going to St. Louis if that's what it took to get the deal done.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Getting in before the trolls take over which unfortunately is usually by page 2 of every thread involving the Leafs. :)

I just can't see it really. I don't think the Blues need much for forwards this coming season unless Tarasenko is done and that couldn't be known at this point. Even if he was done St. Louis just could just use his money for Pietrangelo. Toronto has high end skill up front but they have heavy cap hits so that doesn't really work at least for the 20/21 season.
As much as i would love Parayko on the Leafs it seems to me there are plenty of more likely destinations in terms of appropriate assets that would be appealing.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If Tarasenko is out long term, Nylander could be a target.

But, as you requested, little salary to none being sent back.

15th overall
Liljegren/Dermott
Johnsson/Kerfoot
Bracco/Korshkov

For

Parayko
Absolutely not.
No use for dermot
Bracco has no value
We have better versions of johnson currently on the team.
Think
Robertson sandin 15th

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
ladies and gents. There has been a few less than reliable toronto sports writers that seem to think their is a deal being worked between. Blues and leafs for parayko. That being said both fanbases hold very different opinions on his value.

Please post what you think his current value is with trade props from your team. Also know the blues will not be taking salary back as the purpose for this hypothetical is to resign petro ( per sports analyst). Also please consider blues needs 1st round 2020 is a must.

15th overall + Liljegren + ??

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Keeping with the Leafs theme, here's a crazy idea:

Parayko + Schwartz ($1M retained) + Steen (Buyout agreement in place) - $13.3M in cap hit to TOR after Steen buyout

For Marner - $11.9M in cap hit to STL after Schwartz retention

Leafs get their coveted 1st pairing RD and a 1st line LW while only using about $2.4M of their available cap space, leaving them roughly $4.6M to fill in 5 forward spots before moving one or both of Kerfoot and Johnsson. Moving Marner for Schwartz has them giving up skill, which they have in spades, for some better D and forechecking from their forwards and a guy better suited to the playoffs and adding Parayko gives them the RD they are shopping for.

Blues get an elite offensive threat that adds skill they generally lack up front, while freeing up just under $4M in cap space (assuming they re-sign Steen for ~$1M after his buyout) leaving them with around $11M-$11.5M to sign Petro and Dunn after they move 2 forwards off the NHL roster.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I’m going to assume the trade would happen to clear space for STL, so one of these two deals from the Oilers.....

To STL: Bouchard, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, WSH 3rd 2020

or

To STL: Klefbom, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, Bozak, 26th OA

Bouchard Lavoie 14th ova
For
Parayko Nikita alexandrov

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Keeping with the Leafs theme, here's a crazy idea:

Parayko + Schwartz ($1M retained) + Steen (Buyout agreement in place) - $13.3M in cap hit to TOR after Steen buyout

For Marner - $11.9M in cap hit to STL after Schwartz retention

Leafs get their coveted 1st pairing RD and a 1st line LW while only using about $2.4M of their available cap space, leaving them roughly $4.6M to fill in 5 forward spots before moving one or both of Kerfoot and Johnsson. Moving Marner for Schwartz has them giving up skill, which they have in spades, for some better D and forechecking from their forwards and a guy better suited to the playoffs and adding Parayko gives them the RD they are shopping for.

Blues get an elite offensive threat that adds skill they generally lack up front, while freeing up just under $4M in cap space (assuming they re-sign Steen for ~$1M after his buyout) leaving them with around $11M-$11.5M to sign Petro and Dunn after they move 2 forwards off the NHL roster.
I think they include the 15ova as well.

Reactions: simon IC

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He should come home tbh
Not sure how you make that happen in a deal that makes sense for the Blues. Maybe something like:

Parayko + Steen (buyout agreement in place) + 26 OA

for Klefbom + 14 OA

Blues shed about $6M in cap (EDM only picks up around $4.7M next season after Steen buyout) to sign Pietrangelo and pick up a solid LD. I'm just not sure the difference in Parayko vs. Klefbom is worth 12 draft slots and ~$3.4M in dead cap next season to EDM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad