Value of: Parayko

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
ladies and gents. There has been a few less than reliable toronto sports writers that seem to think their is a deal being worked between. Blues and leafs for parayko. That being said both fanbases hold very different opinions on his value.

Please post what you think his current value is with trade props from your team. Also know the blues will not be taking salary back as the purpose for this hypothetical is to resign petro ( per sports analyst). Also please consider blues needs 1st round 2020 is a must.

His current value is too high to justify moving him.
IF IF IF to courtesy answer your premise, you had to, I could see something like
50A + Blues 2021 1st
for
Par + OTT 2021 2nd
something like that as a core

Rangers can't afford to play, unless..
we took the albatross that is Faulk at 6.5 x 7 off your hands and Para was PART of what came back to NY to get that much crap off your books.

That would be problematic, but short term we deal Deangelo + flip Fox to LD.

maybe applying the Marleau standard of 6m = 1st per yr
go the other way
Staal 5.7 but expiring you buy him out + Deangelo rfa est 4.5 = 10.2 + Geo est 1.5-2
ballpark 12
for
Faulk + Para + Binnington 4.4 = 16.4m
but then even still Faulk is so toxic, I have to charge at least 5 1sts since he is x 7

NY would have to eat half and see who are takers on Faulk, if any.
Retaining on half would reduce the charge, but still...

Going that way is bad any try to cut it, if OTT is a buyer that is your answer.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Absolutely not.
No use for dermot
Bracco has no value
We have better versions of johnson currently on the team.
Think
Robertson sandin 15th
You never see teams top prospects (and definitely not THE top) included in deals. Never.
Parayko would never be able to bring in that type of deal.

I’d have no issues peddling Nylander ++ in a deal for Parayko +.
You didn’t want much salary back. Your peramiters.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
15th overall + Liljegren + ??

Pretty much this... 15th OA + Liljegren + Johnsson.... currency in the form of a top end pick, a young guy with big upside that will challenge for a spot right away, and a young forward that has realistic 20+ goal, 50-point upside for $3.4m over the next 3 years. Ideal depth with Tarasenko out, and likely a guy who can backfill the likes of Steen/Schwartz for a fraction of the cost.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Absolutely not.
No use for dermot
Bracco has no value
We have better versions of johnson currently on the team.
Think
Robertson sandin 15th

As another poster mentioned, you RARELY see a team's true top prospect included in a deal -- teams tend to pick 1-2 guys that are practically immovable, and then the rest available in the right deal. What you've proposed is the Leafs 3 most important pieces -- and certainly the 2 prospects that they are "highest" on.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Parayko is the type of player you build around, not trade. The Blues are close to having room
For Petro currently. No need to move Parayko.

on the other hand, if they do lock up Petro, moving Parayko for Marner would really help the offense.

Parayko for Marner with the leafs taking Bozak for salary purposes does get my attention.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Assuming St. Louis is looking to shed salary in a three quarters for a dollar trade, my two offers are:

Dermott, Liljegren, 15th

Or

Johansson, Sandin, 15th

Once sgsin johns and dermot offer nothing to the blues need to throw robertson in there

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Imagine thinking Thomas is anything more than average.
Average. Funny. By his 20th birthday he won a Memorial Cup, WJC gold, and Stanley Cup. Was OHL Playoff MVP when he won 2nd OHL title. I suppose he is pacing to be average Hall of Famer if he continues this trajectory. Is that what you meant?

Reactions: Tryblot

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Could be a fair deal, but if the Blues are signing Petro the window is still wide open and I think they will want more help for now rather than pure futures.
Bouchard and lavoie are nhl ready. Yes they are young but you could roll the following lines

Sanford oreilly peron
Scwartz Thomas schenn
Kyrou lavoie blais
Barbashev sunds dlr
Kostin steen

Mikola petro
Sandella faulk
Dunn bouchard
Peronovich reinke

Binnington husso

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Average. Funny. By his 20th birthday he won a Memorial Cup, WJC gold, and Stanley Cup. Was OHL Playoff MVP when he won 2nd OHL title. I suppose he is pacing to
be average Hall of Famer if he continues this trajectory. Is that what you meant?

Blueston

Its funny all of the blues young players are average.. yet thomas parayko dunn jyrou kostin all seem to be in every trade prop... wonder why..

Reactions: Blueston

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You never see teams top prospects (and definitely not THE top) included in deals. Never.
Parayko would never be able to bring in that type of deal.

I’d have no issues peddling Nylander ++ in a deal for Parayko +.
You didn’t want much salary back. Your peramiters.

Well that's the point of trading him. Parsyko is by far one of the top big rhd shut down dnen in the league. If he was available you come hard or go home. Your offer says go home

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Pretty much this... 15th OA + Liljegren + Johnsson.... currency in the form of a top end pick, a young guy with big upside that will challenge for a spot right away, and a young forward that has realistic 20+ goal, 50-point upside for $3.4m over the next 3 years. Ideal depth with Tarasenko out, and likely a guy who can backfill the likes of Steen/Schwartz for a fraction of the cost.
Are u implying steen and schwartz are the same player? if so that's an embarassing take......comparing steen and schwartz like that is equivalent to me exaggeratingly saying Marner/Kerfoot lmao.... not surprised a toronto fan wants to hand us a magic bean(middle 1st) and essentially depth pieces for a legit shutdown behemoth #2 Defenseman on a good contract. We have no need for johnsson given guys like Jordan Kyrou(who should finally get consistent minutes this season), klim Kostin, Sammy Blais on top of Robert Thomas, schwartz, schenn, sanford, Perron, O'reilly, Tarasenko(at some point), Bozak(for now), Sundqvist, Barbashev, Maceacheren, Steen, Barbashev etc....etc.....

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Bouchard and lavoie are nhl ready. Yes they are young but you could roll the following lines

Sanford oreilly peron
Scwartz Thomas schenn
Kyrou lavoie blais
Barbashev sunds dlr
Kostin steen

Mikola petro
Sandella faulk
Dunn bouchard
Peronovich reinke

Binnington husso

I mean....if your not trying to go on any deep playoff runs i guess we could roll with that...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I mean....if your not trying to go on any deep playoff runs i guess we could roll with that...
Why would you say that. Yes we lose parayko but we gain 2 great nhl ready you talents and draft another. Armatrong created the faulk situation armstrong did. If we never signed faulk we would be fine. I'm just spit balling here. If you would can you elaborate on what why you believe that. Bouchard looks like a young petro. I dont know much about lavoie.

Also who would you pick at 14th overall

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Are u implying steen and schwartz are the same player? if so that's an embarassing take......comparing steen and schwartz like that is equivalent to me exaggeratingly saying Marner/Kerfoot lmao.... not surprised a toronto fan wants to hand us a magic bean(middle 1st) and essentially depth pieces for a legit shutdown behemoth #2 Defenseman on a good contract. We have no need for johnsson given guys like Jordan Kyrou(who should finally get consistent minutes this season), klim Kostin, Sammy Blais on top of Robert Thomas, schwartz, schenn, sanford, Perron, O'reilly, Tarasenko(at some point), Bozak(for now), Sundqvist, Barbashev, Maceacheren, Steen, Barbashev etc....etc.....

Not at all... simply that the Blues have some experienced, high dollar players on their roster that they're going to need to replace.

I'm curious though... what do you really think you can get with Colton Parayko when one of the constraints is that he's gotta make around $3-4m.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I’m going to assume the trade would happen to clear space for STL, so one of these two deals from the Oilers.....

To STL: Bouchard, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, WSH 3rd 2020

or

To STL: Klefbom, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, Bozak, 26th OA
The first proposal I would consider. Absolutely no to the 2nd.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Not at all... simply that the Blues have some experienced, high dollar players on their roster that they're going to need to replace.

I'm curious though... what do you really think you can get with Colton Parayko when one of the constraints is that he's gotta make around $3-4m.

I don’t think we should trade him at all so I don’t have an answer there for you. I’d probably do a more futures based blue chip prospect and draft pick based deal for him then if that’s the constraint on acquiring a roster player if I was ever in some dire situation to move him

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Toronto gets Parayko for cheap or it takes Pietro in free agency for nothing.

Toronto fans really do think they're the only team in the league. I'm sure if the Blues thought they needed to move Parayko to keep Petro, they wouldn't give Toronto a steep discount because Armstrong's rolodex is more than just one card that says: Toronto (give them stuff for free)

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
As I have posted in other threads, the only way I move Parayko is if a prospect like Bouchard, Byram, Seiden, or Broberg is coming back. Toronto doesn't have a prospect like that, so no deal. If it came right down to it, I would rather keep Parayko and let Pietrangelo walk if it became a choice of those two options.

Reactions: bernmeister

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
His current value is too high to justify moving him.
IF IF IF to courtesy answer your premise, you had to, I could see something like
50A + Blues 2021 1st
for
Par + OTT 2021 2nd
something like that as a core

Rangers can't afford to play, unless..
we took the albatross that is Faulk at 6.5 x 7 off your hands and Para was PART of what came back to NY to get that much crap off your books.

That would be problematic, but short term we deal Deangelo + flip Fox to LD.

maybe applying the Marleau standard of 6m = 1st per yr
go the other way
Staal 5.7 but expiring you buy him out + Deangelo rfa est 4.5 = 10.2 + Geo est 1.5-2
ballpark 12
for
Faulk + Para + Binnington 4.4 = 16.4m
but then even still Faulk is so toxic, I have to charge at least 5 1sts since he is x 7

NY would have to eat half and see who are takers on Faulk, if any.
Retaining on half would reduce the charge, but still...

Going that way is bad any try to cut it, if OTT is a buyer that is your answer.
So you're suggesting Faulk is enough negative value that Parayko's wouldn't even cover it?

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad