Value of: Parayko

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not sure how you make that happen in a deal that makes sense for the Blues. Maybe something like:

Parayko + Steen (buyout agreement in place) + 26 OA

for Klefbom + 14 OA

Blues shed about $6M in cap (EDM only picks up around $4.7M next season after Steen buyout) to sign Pietrangelo and pick up a solid LD. I'm just not sure the difference in Parayko vs. Klefbom is worth 12 draft slots and ~$3.4M in dead cap next season to EDM.
Why would we need Klefbom if we are extending Dunn and have Perunovich coming up?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Bouchard Lavoie 14th ova
For
Parayko Nikita alexandrov

2 years of a very good player for 2 very likely NHLers (projecting very well, NHL ready) and a mid-first .... that's quite a bit to give up for a team that is struggling with depth as it is... and 3 ELCs, which are invaluable in this flat cap state we are in. Not forgetting about Alexandrov, who could turn into an NHLer as well.

Normally I would say no way to this kind of offer because the Oilers have a hard time re-signing UFA pending guys without having to overpay but I feel Parayko is a player who would be willing to re-sign in his home town for a fair deal.

This defence makes me very happy...

Klefbom - Parayko
Nurse - Bear
Jones- Larsson
Broberg

... but is it worth it? ... and if Parayko doesn't re-sign... oh boy... we are set back in a huge way... but I want Parayko!

Can I offer you Russell (10% retained) and Neal (10% retained) for Parayko ($0 retained)! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

I agree, Simon you know I am a stout parayko guy. Would never want to trade him. For some reason we did to sign petro. I would want the following. I know it doesn't seem like enough but I think it has value. What do you think.

Bouchard, lavoie, 14th ova
For
Parayko small add.

Bouchard is nhl ready and can replace faulk in a year as 2rhd when we move him to Seattle (hopefully)
Lavoie looks really good needs some seasoning with his defensive skills but nhl ready.

My question is who would be your top three possibles at 14ova and 26ova.

Just curious.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
2 years of a very good player for 2 very likely NHLers (projecting very well, NHL ready) and a mid-first .... that's quite a bit to give up for a team that is struggling with depth as it is... and 3 ELCs, which are invaluable in this flat cap state we are in. Not forgetting about Alexandrov, who could turn into an NHLer as well.

Normally I would say no way to this kind of offer because the Oilers have a hard time re-signing UFA pending guys without having to overpay but I feel Parayko is a player who would be willing to re-sign in his home town for a fair deal.

Klefbom - Parayko
Nurse - Bear
Jones- Larsson
Broberg

... but is it worth it? ... and if Parayko doesn't re-sign... oh boy... we are set back in a huge way... but I want Parayko!

Can I offer you Russell (10% retained) and Neal (10% retained) for Parayko ($0 retained)! :sarcasm: :laugh:
Isn't edmonton paraykos hometown?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree, Simon you know I am a stout parayko guy. Would never want to trade him. For some reason we did to sign petro. I would want the following. I know it doesn't seem like enough but I think it has value. What do you think.

Bouchard, lavoie, 14th ova
For
Parayko small add.

Bouchard is nhl ready and can replace faulk in a year as 2rhd when we move him to Seattle (hopefully)
Lavoie looks really good needs some seasoning with his defensive skills but nhl ready.

My question is who would be your top three possibles at 14ova and 26ova.

Just curious.
If I HAD to trade Parayko, this would be acceptable. At #14 I like Kayden Ghule, if he's still there, or Brayden Schneider. Hendrix Laperriere and Anton Lundell look good if we go for a forward. At #26, I like Brendan Brisson, Ryan O'Rourke, maybe William Wallinder.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Klefbom - Parayko
Nurse - Bear
Jones- Larsson
Broberg

There was a rumor going around St. Louis that Parayko would bolt for Edmonton when he reached UFA. Again, just a rumor.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I haven't been able to follow the nhl draft prospects this year who would be a couple good picks at 14 and 26.
Sorry I edited my post after you replied. Repeated: At #14 I like Kayden Ghule, if he's still there, or Brayden Schneider. Hendrix Laperriere and Anton Lundell look good if we go for a forward. At #26, I like Brendan Brisson, Noel Gunler, Ryan O'Rourke, maybe William Wallinder.

Last edited:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sorry I edited my post after you replied. Repeated: At #14 I like Kayden Ghule, if he's still there, or Brayden Schneider. Hendrix Laperriere, Noel Gunler, and Anton Lundell look good if we go for a forward. At #26, I like Brendan Brisson, Ryan O'Rourke, maybe William Wallinder.

Are any of those guys ready in 1 year or most likely 2 year till nhl ready.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Are any of those guys ready in 1 year or most likely 2 year till nhl ready.
I would say 2 yrs for all of them, longer for some. but I am not a fan of rushing prospects. I really doubt you will find an NHL ready prospect at #14 or later.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
If pietrangelo leaves they need to make parayko the franchise d. He's young enough to go through a mini rebuild and still be apart of a contender in 3-5 years. I'm hoping if the rumours are true of him wanting to leave is because he didn't want to play second fiddle to anyone and assumed pietrangelo was a career blue, which I'm sure everyone did. Can't afford to lose both of them though and I'd almost prefer parayko to pietrangelo.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If pietrangelo leaves they need to make parayko the franchise d. He's young enough to go through a mini rebuild and still be apart of a contender in 3-5 years. I'm hoping if the rumours are true of him wanting to leave is because he didn't want to play second fiddle to anyone and assumed pietrangelo was a career blue, which I'm sure everyone did. Can't afford to lose both of them though and I'd almost prefer parayko to pietrangelo.
Agreed.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
As another poster mentioned, you RARELY see a team's true top prospect included in a deal -- teams tend to pick 1-2 guys that are practically immovable, and then the rest available in the right deal. What you've proposed is the Leafs 3 most important pieces -- and certainly the 2 prospects that they are "highest" on.
if you ask for parayko, who is immovable, you definitely have to move your practically immovable futures or someone else does the deal.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Shayne Ghostisbehere
Bobby Brink
1st rounder

For

Parayko

Flyers D

Provorov- Parayko
Sanheim - Myers
Zamula - Niskanen

Ooof.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Well that's the point of trading him. Parsyko is by far one of the top big rhd shut down dnen in the league. If he was available you come hard or go home. Your offer says go home
At least it was in the realm of possibility with a leagues history of trades to back up my proposal.
Unfortunately your dream of top prospects is unrealistic and pure and utter fantasy.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Taking risks is how you win big. He has been solid since he hit nhl and I'm sure his style will translate deep in his thirties.

But I respect your point of view
I see him evolving into a nasty Pronger type. Pronger was always nasty but got more ornery the older he got. CP same proto type less the skill level

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
At least it was in the realm of possibility with a leagues history of trades to back up my proposal.
Unfortunately your dream of top prospects is unrealistic and pure and utter fantasy.

"Unrealistic and pure and utter fantasy" uttered by a Leafs fan on the trade board after posting a bad offer for a premium player. Lol, time of death: 4:36 am.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
"Unrealistic and pure and utter fantasy" uttered by a Leafs fan on the trade board after posting a bad offer for a premium player. Lol, time of death: 4:36 am.
15th overall
Kerfoot/Johnsson
Liljegren/Dermott
Bracco

Or

A deal revolving around Nylander

Both more than comparable to other teams(fans) proposals.

Oh wait, my bad. I get it. I’m a Leafs fan so automatically, my proposal is crap. Forgot how HF boards works...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
15th overall
Kerfoot/Johnsson
Liljegren/Dermott
Bracco

Or

A deal revolving around Nylander

Both more than comparable to other teams(fans) proposals.

Oh wait, my bad. I get it. I’m a Leafs fan so automatically, my proposal is crap. Forgot how HF boards works...
No, your proposal isn't crap because you are a Leafs fan.

It's just a crap proposal regardless who offers that.

You realize you offered:

a pick that won't help them for years...If they draft well. Draft poorly and it's wasted completely.
A 3rd line depth player
A 3rd pairing D
A AHL forward who might not have an NHL future.

It's crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad