Proposal: Parayko for Palmieri framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
God everything here is idiotic. (And mods, I am only responding to flaming here).

First, in his second season MacKinnon had regressed to 38 points in 64 games. Nico is only getting better in his second year and already has more points than that in fewer games and plays a two way game already. And you don't dispute the point about Barkov.

Second, saying that Hall for Larsson creates some sort of league wide precedent for ever and ever is stupid beyond belief. I'm sure you would say that Zbinijad for Zach Bogosian would be fair and totally reasonable because it's sort of comparable.

Third, in a typical year between 15 and 20 defensemaen get at least one Norris vote. Some even get a vote with under 30 points and a few with less than 35 pretty much every year. So yeah, if you're truly one of the best defensemen in the league that could demand the players you're talking about, you have to break that threshold at least once after about four years in the league.

Lastly, when someone pats themselves on the back for saying he "invalidated all your arguments" it's an absolute guarantee he doesn't know what he's talking about. Have a nice day.
:lol: TRIGGERED

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I dont see why this is getting pooped on. Parayko has 18 points in 55 games. This probably doesnt make sense for the blues, but in terms of player value I dont think it is that far off. It is just about finding trade partners with the appropriate needs.
Because Kyle Palmieri is nothing special at all? Maybe that’s why.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If blues fans think Hall for Parayko is a fair deal then I don’t know what to tell you. The reigning MVP/man who can put his team on his back and lead them to the playoffs can not be had for just Parayko. Shero isnt a Chia sized idiot. You’re going to have to add a pretty hefty price to get Hall. You guys are on a hot streak, and you are one (not so long) cold streak away from being on the outside of the playoff picture as well. Btw thanks for Scotty Stevens and our 3 cups, oh and then the pick that became Parise...was nice to get a finals appearance with that pick. Also, that Cam Janssen for Bryce Salvador trade was great too. Sal serving as captain for that 2012 team was fantastic. The devils organization has been making St. Louis their doorstep since what the early 90’s so congrats on your recent success...it’s about damn time.

Triggered

Reactions: 67Blues

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't care if we finished last for the past 15 years and had Mike Milbury's and Chiarelli's inbred love child as our GM during that time. A fan of a team that has never won a Stanley Cup should not call fans of a team that won three in part by robbing you of one your best players "butt hurt."

Why if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then its a duck. You sir and some other fans are sore that we whooped you and your team is awefull.... In better terms you all are Bhurt

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
You're slacking Hfboards, I think we went one whole week without a Parayko thread.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With all due respect. Krieder doesnt move the needle for me at all. I am sure some of my blues fans would dissagree. We just dont have anything we are willing to trade. Our two best prospects going into the year are Thomas, who is amazing and already a staple to the team and kyrou, who is a above a ppg% in the ahl. Kostin is 19 in the ahl developing pretty well. Bokk is already considered one of the best players in his sweedish elite league. The only thing the blues lack are great defensive prospects. So with missing our first this year we just dont have assets we can afford to move.

I got that.
What I meant was if Kreider didn't excite your interest, proponents of Palmieri [close] and Nylander (A) [not close value] should abandon hope of going after Para

And taking into account all factors, I think it is unlikely Para is traded anytime soon.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I got that.
What I meant was if Kreider didn't excite your interest, proponents of Palmieri [close] and Nylander (A) [not close value] should abandon hope of going after Para

And taking into account all factors, I think it is unlikely Para is traded anytime soon.
Agreed we are in the playoffs getting rid of our best defensive dman is just a bad idea

ruskidevil14

Feb 23, 2017
When is the last time you were in the conference finals or stanley cup. Your team never made my team the doorstep. We never got to play you. I get it though your bhurt that the blues just smoked your team. Its ok for you to be upset. I would be too. You have all that young talent that just hasnt made the jump yet. Your goalies have both sheet the bed and you Obivously are upset we will not gift you another great dman. FYI it wasnt losing stevens it was getting Mike keenan to destroy our team. Also we enjoyed shanny and we enjoyed pronger. Its obvious you like living in the past. Hope you recorded your last Stanley cup win on VHS cause thats the only way you will be seeing your team in the playoffs or contending in the near future. LOL so BHURT
hahaha bobo the clown here- team cant even make the finals and you are referring to the blues like some powerhouse. go back in your parents basement, and rewatch highlight videos of pavel demitra or tarasenko. you guys were a crying depressed fanbase 2 months ago and now you are on a high horse about a player your own gm wanted to ship out. yes the devils suck this year. i am aware. and congrats on beating us 8-3. unfortunately for you guys, the blues will continue to be an irrelevant contender cause everybody knows they cant get over the hump and keep giving themselves blue balls every year in the playoffs.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
LOL really, thats the best you got. You are so Bhurt that we want nothing to do with your aging KP for our stud dman that you feel the need to try and rub it in our face that we havent won a cup. OK. Well since i believe turn about is fair play. I got two things.

1) how does not even making the playoffs this year feel.....
2) How does it feel to be not only shamed but decimated by the blues what was the score again....... LOL
I thought you were going to post a coherent and logical argument due to the fact that several fans were waiting for your arrival. Pretty disappointed with you, family

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
hahaha bobo the clown here- team cant even make the finals and you are referring to the blues like some powerhouse. go back in your parents basement, and rewatch highlight videos of pavel demitra or tarasenko. you guys were a crying depressed fanbase 3 weeks ago and now you are on a high horse about a player your own gm wanted to ship out. yes the devils suck this year. i am aware. and congrats on beating us 8-3. unfortunately for you guys, the blues will continue to be an irrelevant contender cause everybody knows they cant get over the hump and keep giving themselves blue balls every year in the playoffs.

Let me fix something in here for you.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
I thought you were going to post a coherent and logical argument due to the fact that several fans were waiting for your arrival. Pretty disappointed with you, family

Actually they were waiting for grammatical errors, semi coherent thoughts and unecessary aggressiveness. He always delivers.

Reactions: The Grouch

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

I’m fairly confident everyone knew he would show up to bash the trade. I’m not sure anyone was expecting coherent or logical

Reactions: 67Blues

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Parayko is not a "potential top 2 D" he is a legit top 2D and arguably a #1 on a lot of teams. The only way you even get STL on the phone is if someone named Nico is offered. Even then I'd imagine you'd need to add. Parayko is a big, mean D who plays a smart game and has an absolute cannon. He plays the toughest matchups for STL.

If STL scoffed at the idea of Nylander + for Parayko, something tells me they won't be too inclined trading for a 28 year old 30 goal scorer.
Lmfao adding to Hischier for Parayko

Talk about overvaluing your defender

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
LOL really, thats the best you got. You are so Bhurt that we want nothing to do with your aging KP for our stud dman that you feel the need to try and rub it in our face that we havent won a cup. OK. Well since i believe turn about is fair play. I got two things.

2) How does it feel to be not only shamed but decimated by the blues what was the score again....... LOL
How does it feel to know that your team forked over a captain to us that led us to 3 cups and you guys have never sniffed one?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Not that the deal is equal, but people are overblowing the age disparity a bit as though this is Thornton for Dahlin. They're under 28 months apart in age. And the difference in when each of them becomes a UFA is even less - Parayko's current contract that ends as UFA ends 12 months after Palmieri's does.

Tear apart the merits of the deal and the players all you want, but describing a player that just turned 28 as 'aging' as though the guy about to turn 26 is a decade younger is a little over-the-top. Especially when the 28 year old who topped his own career best in goals-per-game last year is set to top last year's mark this year - it's not like he's showing signs of age related decline.
Have you not been paying attention? The debate on age was settled in multiple Tarasenko topics that you peak at 24-25 and you rapidly slide downhill from there. :sarcasm:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Do you honestly think this is insulting? Of course I know the Devils are trash right now...doesn’t change the historic lack of success of the organization you follow.

No wonder so many people in this thread have commented you’re on their block list...you’re comically juevenile in your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad