Proposal: Parayko for Palmieri framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
forget Nyl +
If Kreider + does not entertain Para +, then the OP, Nyl, and similar go nowhere.
With all due respect. Krieder doesnt move the needle for me at all. I am sure some of my blues fans would dissagree. We just dont have anything we are willing to trade. Our two best prospects going into the year are Thomas, who is amazing and already a staple to the team and kyrou, who is a above a ppg% in the ahl. Kostin is 19 in the ahl developing pretty well. Bokk is already considered one of the best players in his sweedish elite league. The only thing the blues lack are great defensive prospects. So with missing our first this year we just dont have assets we can afford to move.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Sometimes when you read something you take it a certain way and it may not be the way it was intended. I wouldnt say i took it personally i just kinda flipped it back at you. So maybee you took my response as personal instead of tongue and cheek.

I was/am surprised at the notion of the Blues selling. The Central is not what it was 2-4 seasons prior and you guys are surging in the right direction.

IF you were - then of course there are a number of players the Pens would/should be interested in. Outside of the big names like Petro or Parayko - Fabbri has always stood out to a number of us Pens fans as a guy with a good upside on LW or 3/4 C (Post / Pre / Post Cullen signing here)

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Not that the deal is equal, but people are overblowing the age disparity a bit as though this is Thornton for Dahlin. They're under 28 months apart in age. And the difference in when each of them becomes a UFA is even less - Parayko's current contract that ends as UFA ends 12 months after Palmieri's does.

Tear apart the merits of the deal and the players all you want, but describing a player that just turned 28 as 'aging' as though the guy about to turn 26 is a decade younger is a little over-the-top. Especially when the 28 year old who topped his own career best in goals-per-game last year is set to top last year's mark this year - it's not like he's showing signs of age related decline.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not that the deal is equal, but people are overblowing the age disparity a bit as though this is Thornton for Dahlin. They're under 28 months apart in age. And the difference in when each of them becomes a UFA is even less - Parayko's current contract that ends as UFA ends 12 months after Palmieri's does.

Tear apart the merits of the deal and the players all you want, but describing a player that just turned 28 as 'aging' as though the guy about to turn 26 is a decade younger is a little over-the-top. Especially when the 28 year old who topped his own career best in goals-per-game last year is set to top last year's mark this year - it's not like he's showing signs of age related decline.
I wont lie.....I thought KP was like 35...dude looks old lol

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Seriously everyone including your own fanbase has stated that this is an idiotic proposal. No reason to be simple jack anymore and try to defend it. Since you are having a rough time with it let me break it down for you.

1) Blues biggest need was a new coach and a stable goalie. Berube (check) Binnington (check)
2) if we trade Parayko we are creating a hole we can not fill.
3) KP is 28 and ufa in 2 more years Colt55 has 3 years left.
4) We have interal replacement players for center and wings with Kyrou Bokk, Lafrerrie, kostin, we lack in defesnive prosects
5) we are 2 points out of 3rd in central with 1 game in hand. Why on earth would they trade the guy playing the best defense on the team for another agining forward.
6) Blues could get a package of a roster player a 1st and a blue chip prospect for parayko. SO about 29 other teams would out bid you.

So please do us all a favor just stop.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
That was literally my first post in this thread. And I made it perfectly clear the only concern I was raising had nothing to do with the deal itself, but the exaggeration of their age disparity.

Turn off the aggro mode, dude.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That was literally my first post in this thread. And I made it perfectly clear the only concern I was raising had nothing to do with the deal itself, but the exaggeration of their age disparity.

Turn off the aggro mode, dude.

I am pretty sure the Blues fanbase knows thats just impossible....

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
You would think at some point people on HFboards would get the understanding that we are not trading Parayko.

I never said otherwise. I literally only addressed the exaggeration of age disparity. You seems to have inferred something more and attacked me for it.

Like you're not being constructive or reasoned at all here if your response to someone saying "They're 28 months apart"is "You're crazy you've been talking too long and you need to stop this crazed demented tirade". I made absolutely no commentary on the legitimacy of the trade or the likelihood of Parayko being traded. My SOLE comment was the misrepresentation of their age difference. Your six point rebuttal? The only point that had anything to do with what I was talking about was your point 3, a point I had already made.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
You would think at some point people on HFboards would get the understanding that we are not trading Parayko.

I’d trade parayko but it would have to be for a sniper with some term to play on an opposite line of tarasenko.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
If blues fans think Hall for Parayko is a fair deal then I don’t know what to tell you. The reigning MVP/man who can put his team on his back and lead them to the playoffs can not be had for just Parayko. Shero isnt a Chia sized idiot. You’re going to have to add a pretty hefty price to get Hall. You guys are on a hot streak, and you are one (not so long) cold streak away from being on the outside of the playoff picture as well. Btw thanks for Scotty Stevens and our 3 cups, oh and then the pick that became Parise...was nice to get a finals appearance with that pick. Also, that Cam Janssen for Bryce Salvador trade was great too. Sal serving as captain for that 2012 team was fantastic. The devils organization has been making St. Louis their doorstep since what the early 90’s so congrats on your recent success...it’s about damn time.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wait why are blues moving 25 year old top 4 dman for a 27 year old 25-30g/50-57pt winger?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Firstly, MacKinnon was a 60+ point centre at 18. Exceeds Hischier

Secondly, Hall was a 1 for 1 trade for Larsson and Parayko is far superior to him. Hall for Parayko is a lot closer than you think.

Thirdly, the Norris Trophy finalists tend to quite largely based on offensive numbers rather than just defense. He wont be a finalist unless he puts up 50/60 points.

I have just invalidated all your arguments.

God everything here is idiotic. (And mods, I am only responding to flaming here).

First, in his second season MacKinnon had regressed to 38 points in 64 games. Nico is only getting better in his second year and already has more points than that in fewer games and plays a two way game already. And you don't dispute the point about Barkov.

Second, saying that Hall for Larsson creates some sort of league wide precedent for ever and ever is stupid beyond belief. I'm sure you would say that Zbinijad for Zach Bogosian would be fair and totally reasonable because it's sort of comparable.

Third, in a typical year between 15 and 20 defensemaen get at least one Norris vote. Some even get a vote with under 30 points and a few with less than 35 pretty much every year. So yeah, if you're truly one of the best defensemen in the league that could demand the players you're talking about, you have to break that threshold at least once after about four years in the league.

Lastly, when someone pats themselves on the back for saying he "invalidated all your arguments" it's an absolute guarantee he doesn't know what he's talking about. Have a nice day.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If blues fans think Hall for Parayko is a fair deal then I don’t know what to tell you. The reigning MVP/man who can put his team on his back and lead them to the playoffs can not be had for just Parayko. Shero isnt a Chia sized idiot. You’re going to have to add a pretty hefty price to get Hall. You guys are on a hot streak, and you are one (not so long) cold streak away from being on the outside of the playoff picture as well. Btw thanks for Scotty Stevens and our 3 cups, oh and then the pick that became Parise...was nice to get a finals appearance with that pick. Also, that Cam Janssen for Bryce Salvador trade was great too. Sal serving as captain for that 2012 team was fantastic. The devils organization has been making St. Louis their doorstep since what the early 90’s so congrats on your recent success...it’s about damn time.

When is the last time you were in the conference finals or stanley cup. Your team never made my team the doorstep. We never got to play you. I get it though your bhurt that the blues just smoked your team. Its ok for you to be upset. I would be too. You have all that young talent that just hasnt made the jump yet. Your goalies have both sheet the bed and you Obivously are upset we will not gift you another great dman. FYI it wasnt losing stevens it was getting Mike keenan to destroy our team. Also we enjoyed shanny and we enjoyed pronger. Its obvious you like living in the past. Hope you recorded your last Stanley cup win on VHS cause thats the only way you will be seeing your team in the playoffs or contending in the near future. LOL so BHURT

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
God everything here is idiotic. (And mods, I am only responding to flaming here).

First, in his second season MacKinnon had regressed to 38 points in 64 games. Nico is only getting better in his second year and already has more points than that in fewer games and plays a two way game already. And you don't dispute the point about Barkov.

Second, saying that Hall for Larsson creates some sort of league wide precedent for ever and ever is stupid beyond belief. I'm sure you would say that Zbinijad for Zach Bogosian would be fair and totally reasonable because it's sort of comparable.

Third, in a typical year between 15 and 20 defensemaen get at least one Norris vote. Some even get a vote with under 30 points and a few with less than 35 pretty much every year. So yeah, if you're truly one of the best defensemen in the league that could demand the players you're talking about, you have to break that threshold at least once after about four years in the league.

Lastly, when someone pats themselves on the back for saying he "invalidated all your arguments" it's an absolute guarantee he doesn't know what he's talking about. Have a nice day.

Noboy cares about the devils. They only care about the awefull prop made. I get that there isnt much to talk about from your team at the moment so dont high jack a trade thread to talk about devil players not KP>

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
When is the last time you were in the conference finals or stanley cup. Your team never made my team the doorstep. We never got to play you. I get it though your bhurt that the blues just smoked your team. Its ok for you to be upset. I would be too. You have all that young talent that just hasnt made the jump yet. Your goalies have both sheet the bed and you Obivously are upset we will not gift you another great dman. FYI it wasnt losing stevens it was getting Mike keenan to destroy our team. Also we enjoyed shanny and we enjoyed pronger. Its obvious you like living in the past. Hope you recorded your last Stanley cup win on VHS cause thats the only way you will be seeing your team in the playoffs or contending in the near future. LOL so BHURT

I don't care if we finished last for the past 15 years and had Mike Milbury's and Chiarelli's inbred love child as our GM during that time. A fan of a team that has never won a Stanley Cup should not call fans of a team that won three in part by robbing you of one your best players "butt hurt."

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Noboy cares about the devils. They only care about the awefull prop made. I get that there isnt much to talk about from your team at the moment so dont high jack a trade thread to talk about devil players not KP>

You seem to care a whole lot about the Devils.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
To paraphrase something I read somewhere out on the internet...

I would rather guide my father into my mother than make this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad