Proposal: Parayko for Palmieri framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
There are terrible trade proposals on here all the time... please take it easy on OP blues fans

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Lol the only way Devils are getting Parayko is if Hall or Hischier is going back to Blues.

That is an awful trade offer.
I would be open to trading Hall

The only pieces I can’t see the devils moving are Bratt and Nico

tsipka

Oct 3, 2008
I dont see why this is getting pooped on. Parayko has 18 points in 55 games. This probably doesnt make sense for the blues, but in terms of player value I dont think it is that far off. It is just about finding trade partners with the appropriate needs.

Reactions: Setec Astronomy

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Parayko is not a "potential top 2 D" he is a legit top 2D and arguably a #1 on a lot of teams. The only way you even get STL on the phone is if someone named Nico is offered. Even then I'd imagine you'd need to add. Parayko is a big, mean D who plays a smart game and has an absolute cannon. He plays the toughest matchups for STL.

If STL scoffed at the idea of Nylander + for Parayko, something tells me they won't be too inclined trading for a 28 year old 30 goal scorer.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
I dont see why this is getting pooped on. Parayko has 18 points in 55 games. This probably doesnt make sense for the blues, but in terms of player value I dont think it is that far off. It is just about finding trade partners with the appropriate needs.
Yeah because you should be judging D by how many points they get....except Parayko is more of a stay at home guy so nobody expects him to put up gaudy numbers

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Consistently watch Parayko and you will figure out why most of us almost have an aneurism trying to explain why we don’t have any motive to trade him.

Not to mention defensive depth outside of our top 7 is not great for us. Especially on the right side. Forward depth however is.

tsipka

Oct 3, 2008
Like I said, I dont think this trade makes sense for the blues but you should watch Palmieri play as well.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Blues would say no because of many reasons. You just don't trade a defenseman like Parayko unless it's for a very hefty return, but Palmieri is no scrub like some people make it seem like. Ever since coming to NJ ('15-'16), he's seventh in goals scored by a right winger. #24 among all forwards in that time span.

Don't really see how this would work for either team. Devils trade Palmieri and there goes the RW depth, Blues would not trade Parayko unless it's for Hall or Nico and the Devils wont give up either.

Vince Dunn would interest me but I don't think STL wants to trade him.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I do like Palmieri a lot, but not enough where I want to send Parayko the other way. He's been an absolute rock on the back end. The offensive numbers are down, but he's been exceptional defensively.

Reactions: Colt55

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Don't call Palmieri a 60 point guy until he is one, which will probably this year...at age 28...hardly worth a 25-yo top pairing D, regardless of how many meme picks thrown back and forth.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Lol the only way Devils are getting Parayko is if Hall or Hischier is going back to Blues.

That is an awful trade offer.

So the reigning MVP or a recent first overall pick that will be a sixty point two way center at the age of twenty (which as a reference point far exceeds what Sasha Barkov or Nathan MacKinnon did at the same age) for a defenseman who by the age of 24 has never gotten a Norris vote or really even carried his team anywhere?

The OP didn't make much sense since the Blues have plenty of guys that do what Palmieri does, but the counter is beyond laughable.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
It seems to me that a lot of people don't watch STL and haven't seen how dominant Parayko is in his own zone. You don't trade D like him unless its for an insane overpayment. People laughed at the idea of Nylander + Liljegren + a pick, but you think STL would want a 28 y/o 30 goal scorer instead of that package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad