Proposal: Parayko for Palmieri framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Colton Parayko + 4 for Kyle Palmieri + 2

Devils get a potential top 2 d man and the blues get a 25-30 goal / 60 pt guy at a measly 4.6mil cap hit for a few more years

This is so far off it’s funny. Blues would not even consider this as s baseline. Or that’s a funky way of spelling Hall.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Colton Parayko + 4 for Kyle Palmieri + 2

Devils get a potential top 2 d man and the blues get a 25-30 goal / 60 pt guy at a measly 4.6mil cap hit for a few more years
hows about ty smith and Quinville for Gunnerson a 3rd rnd pick and allen.

See i made an aweful prop but it still wasnt as bad as yours

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Firstly, MacKinnon was a 60+ point centre at 18. Exceeds Hischier

Secondly, Hall was a 1 for 1 trade for Larsson and Parayko is far superior to him. Hall for Parayko is a lot closer than you think.

Thirdly, the Norris Trophy finalists tend to quite largely based on offensive numbers rather than just defense. He wont be a finalist unless he puts up 50/60 points.

I have just invalidated all your arguments.

1- If we ignore PP (where Nico was poorly used) production and look at ES numbers Hischier's production has been far better than MacKinnon's was at the same age.

2- Chia made that trade so it's not really applicable. While Parayko for Hall is probably not a terrible starting point if Shero thinks Hall won't re-sign, STL would still have to add some significant pieces. If Hall gets moved 1 for 1 for a Dman it would be for someone younger like Hanifin. A Hall-Parayko 1 for 1 swap is just as ridiculous and unlikely as something around Palmieri for Parayko.

3- I'm not going to bother looking up where this Norris discussion came from, but I will mention that Parayko wouldn't even sniff Nico. If you want a stud C on his ELC we'd be talking something like Parayko + ROR or Parayko + Tarasenko (Not that it makes sense for either team. I don't see a match for STL and NJ to trade at all really). Parayko 1 for 1 would likely not even return a guy like Kotkaniemi, who is well below Nico.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I dont see why this is getting pooped on. Parayko has 18 points in 55 games. This probably doesnt make sense for the blues, but in terms of player value I dont think it is that far off. It is just about finding trade partners with the appropriate needs.

Um no parayko has 9 goals thats 15th in league. He is a top pairing defenisve dman that can pass the puck, skate the puck generate offense and has a 100+ mph slapshot. He along with the entire team is having an off year. He is goo for 35 points and is a defensive juggernaught that can skate with the best of them. Now he has starting to get a mean streak and when he uses his body good luck. He has proven that he is a top pairing dman. Why on earth would a 40-45 point guy lately, 28 year old almost 5mil cap hit and is not very fast. I wasnt impressed with his play last game either. This is a bad prop.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Blues would say no because of many reasons. You just don't trade a defenseman like Parayko unless it's for a very hefty return, but Palmieri is no scrub like some people make it seem like. Ever since coming to NJ ('15-'16), he's seventh in goals scored by a right winger. #24 among all forwards in that time span.

Don't really see how this would work for either team. Devils trade Palmieri and there goes the RW depth, Blues would not trade Parayko unless it's for Hall or Nico and the Devils wont give up either.

Vince Dunn would interest me but I don't think STL wants to trade him.

we wouldnt trade any of our dmen at the moment. We are very close to taking over third in the central. We do not have any dmen that are ready to take either LHD or RHD. SO no to any dmen being traded by blues.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Because theres more to defense then points......

Not according to the Norris trophy.

Are you blue notes still considering selling? With that recent surge I figured you'd be making a push... definitely a few guys on STL the Pens should be looking at.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Are you blue notes still considering selling? With that recent surge I figured you'd be making a push... definitely a few guys on STL the Pens should be looking at.
Outside of trading off UFA, the Blues weren't going to be moving guys like Petro/Tarasenko during the season.

With getting back into the playoffs, Blues are unlikely to do anything as the UFAs arent that valuable.

Reactions: molon labe

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Um no parayko has 9 goals thats 15th in league. He is a top pairing defenisve dman that can pass the puck, skate the puck generate offense and has a 100+ mph slapshot. He along with the entire team is having an off year. He is goo for 35 points and is a defensive juggernaught that can skate with the best of them. Now he has starting to get a mean streak and when he uses his body good luck. He has proven that he is a top pairing dman. Why on earth would a 40-45 point guy lately, 28 year old almost 5mil cap hit and is not very fast. I wasnt impressed with his play last game either. This is a bad prop.

*Disregarding this proposal and strictly addressing your asinine comment about Palmieri*

So, Palmieri is only a 40-45 point guy “lately” because he was hurt and only played 62 games last year? He put up 44 points missing 20 games and was scoring at over a 30 goal pace. His pace even better this year.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

This post is literally dumber than the initial proposal. Palmieri already has 42 points with a third of a season left to go. He'll crack 30 goals, and honestly, if the team wasn't such crap this year he would have had a shot at 40 goals. He may not be near Parayko's tier, but calling Palmieri a 40-45 point guy and insinuating that he's overpaid (when he has one of the better contracts in the league) is beyond stupid. You, my friend, could win a medal when it comes to making asinine, ignorant statements.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
1- If we ignore PP (where Nico was poorly used) production and look at ES numbers Hischier's production has been far better than MacKinnon's was at the same age.

2- Chia made that trade so it's not really applicable. While Parayko for Hall is probably not a terrible starting point if Shero thinks Hall won't re-sign, STL would still have to add some significant pieces. If Hall gets moved 1 for 1 for a Dman it would be for someone younger like Hanifin. A Hall-Parayko 1 for 1 swap is just as ridiculous and unlikely as something around Palmieri for Parayko.

3- I'm not going to bother looking up where this Norris discussion came from, but I will mention that Parayko wouldn't even sniff Nico. If you want a stud C on his ELC we'd be talking something like Parayko + ROR or Parayko + Tarasenko (Not that it makes sense for either team. I don't see a match for STL and NJ to trade at all really). Parayko 1 for 1 would likely not even return a guy like Kotkaniemi, who is well below Nico.

hey dont change the subject and make this all about NJD players. The prop was aweful and now your team and fanbase must live with the shame...... Shame..... Shame....

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
hey dont change the subject and make this all about NJD players. The prop was aweful and now your team and fanbase must live with the shame...... Shame..... Shame....
j1iHmQF.jpg

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Much like the shame of being a franchise for 52 years and nev...

...ohh never mind...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

you guys only have 2 more wins and 6 more points than the blues and we have 2 games in hand. So the question you should ask yourself is are you guys selling now. There are several players the blues could use from the pens

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
*Disregarding this proposal and strictly addressing your asinine comment about Palmieri*

So, Palmieri is only a 40-45 point guy “lately” because he was hurt and only played 62 games last year? He put up 44 points missing 20 games and was scoring at over a 30 goal pace. His pace even better this year.

Once again i said lately, I didnt imply much. I also said he was 28 years old and almost makes 5 mil. With all due respct.... don't make this about you, KP or the devils. Make this about a GOD AWE-FULL, Stupid, Moronic, abyslmal, gone full-Pejorative Slur type prop.

Nothing more nothing less.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This post is literally dumber than the initial proposal. Palmieri already has 42 points with a third of a season left to go. He'll crack 30 goals, and honestly, if the team wasn't such crap this year he would have had a shot at 40 goals. He may not be near Parayko's tier, but calling Palmieri a 40-45 point guy and insinuating that he's overpaid (when he has one of the better contracts in the league) is beyond stupid. You, my friend, could win a medal when it comes to making asinine, ignorant statements.

I said he was lately, He is 28 getting 5 million and isnt worth parayko. Why are you fixated on trying to defend KP's honor. It was a bad prop. YOu and others have admitted it as much. Now you must live with it. I cant help you move on. This is something you have to do on your own. All i can say is i forgive you and your fanbase for the atrocities that have taken place on this fine day.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
you guys only have 2 more wins and 6 more points than the blues and we have 2 games in hand. So the question you should ask yourself is are you guys selling now. There are several players the blues could use from the pens

Not sure why you took my post personally.

If we're playing with semantics - then there are a few reasons I'm not asking myself that question as a Pens fan: 87, 71, 59, 58, 30, 2016, 2017, & Schultz coming back from injury. Outside of a conference finals appearance a few seasons ago and a recent surge, what are your reasons?

For the record I support the Blues as a Western team and wish them well when I can catch a game.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Much like the shame of being a franchise for 52 years and nev...

...ohh never mind...

LOL really, thats the best you got. You are so Bhurt that we want nothing to do with your aging KP for our stud dman that you feel the need to try and rub it in our face that we havent won a cup. OK. Well since i believe turn about is fair play. I got two things.

1) how does not even making the playoffs this year feel.....
2) How does it feel to be not only shamed but decimated by the blues what was the score again....... LOL

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Parayko is not a "potential top 2 D" he is a legit top 2D and arguably a #1 on a lot of teams. The only way you even get STL on the phone is if someone named Nico is offered. Even then I'd imagine you'd need to add. Parayko is a big, mean D who plays a smart game and has an absolute cannon. He plays the toughest matchups for STL.

If STL scoffed at the idea of Nylander + for Parayko, something tells me they won't be too inclined trading for a 28 year old 30 goal scorer.

forget Nyl +
If Kreider + does not entertain Para +, then the OP, Nyl, and similar go nowhere.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Not sure why you took my post personally.

If we're playing with semantics - then there are a few reasons I'm not asking myself that question as a Pens fan: 87, 71, 59, 58, 30, 2016, 2017, & Schultz coming back from injury. Outside of a conference finals appearance a few seasons ago and a recent surge, what are your reasons?

For the record I support the Blues as a Western team and wish them well when I can catch a game.

Sometimes when you read something you take it a certain way and it may not be the way it was intended. I wouldnt say i took it personally i just kinda flipped it back at you. So maybee you took my response as personal instead of tongue and cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad