OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I've yet to get into the MLB playoffs this year.

Which series do you recommend - the Jays didn't make it, right? Gotta be Mariners I think, who it would be even if the Jay were in. I may be a nationalist, but I'm not that much of a nationalist.
San Diego and Los Angeles. LA is absolutely loaded, but must win two in a row to advance. Good pitching matchup as well. 6:37 start.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I've yet to get into the MLB playoffs this year.

Which series do you recommend - the Jays didn't make it, right? Gotta be Mariners I think, who it would be even if the Jay were in. I may be a nationalist, but I'm not that much of a nationalist.
I’d echo the SD and LA series.

The biased Ms fan in me also has to give a shout out to Seattle and Houston.

Long playoff drought meets the most hated team in MLB looking to make it to their sixth straight ALCS. Game 1 was all Ms. They got within one strike but gave up a game losing walk off 3-run HR after a controversial coaching decision. Game 2 was close but Houston eventually pulled away.

Cleveland/NY is interesting. Cleveland’s WS drought is around 75 years and as underdogs are putting up a battle.

Phillies are 6 outs from completing an upset over Atlanta

• Love
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I’d echo the SD and LA series.

The biased Ms fan in me also has to give a shout out to Seattle and Houston.

Long playoff drought meets the most hated team in MLB looking to make it to their sixth straight ALCS. Game 1 was all Ms. They got within one strike but gave up a game losing walk off 3-run HR after a controversial coaching decision. Game 2 was close but Houston eventually pulled away.

Cleveland/NY is interesting. Cleveland’s WS drought is around 75 years and as underdogs are putting up a battle.

Phillies are 6 outs from completing an upset over Atlanta

Thanks man. You're awesome. I'm saving that in a notepad for future reference.

Hopefully tomorrow when our local teams aren't on the calendar I will find something you recommended.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

I've never used that many emojis before. :laugh: You've been very helpful.

• Haha
Reactions: 3rd Sedin

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Playoff baseball is probably my favourite sport to watch teams that I have no rooting interest in.

I'm not sure I get that deep into it. I'm interested in the Jays because I'm Canadian, and I'm interested in the Mariners because I live in BC and there's a geographical comradery involved.

I have though rooted against the Yankees many times but in favour of the Red Sox, and I've rooted for the Dodgers because I always liked Tommy Lasorda.

I must admit though, the '90s World Series wins by the Jays were amazing. I will always love Joe Carter. That was some next level special shit that drew all Canadians together. And in spite of the fact that some of us weren't the biggest fans of things related to Toronto, the Toronto Blue Jays did all Canadians proud.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Do the Lions get home field for the playoff game if they win tonight?
Need to win two of their last three games to be guaranteed home playoff date against Calgary. Even better news is that Rourke is inching towards a return. Might actually be able to suit up for the last regular season game; and the one-game sudden death playoff game.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Goodnight Winterpeg

If anyone has a stable stream please shoot me the link via PM. Mine's constantly buffering and I'm ready to tear the head off a kitten.
You got a family member with a subscription to pretty much any Canadian cable company? You can login to TSN via their details and access the high-quality stream to the game.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
When did interceptions turn into "pick 6s"?

Is that fashionable now?

Sounds like something you ask for when you're buying lottery tickets.

Goodnight Winterpeg

You got a family member with a subscription to pretty much any Canadian cable company? You can login to TSN via their details and access the high-quality stream to the game.
The stream has actually got a lot better, but only my sister who would never allow me to do that. :laugh:

Thanks though.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Thanks man. You're awesome. I'm saving that in a notepad for future reference.
I record *EVERYTHING* that's posted here for future reference...

27658392-fat-man-sitting-at-desk-looking-at-monitor-screen.jpg

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Reactions: Jyrki21

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One more win or a Stampeders loss, and the Leos host the West Division semi-final for the first time in years.

Best news is that Nathan Rourke will be back behind center for the final game in Winnipeg. Nothing against Adams, but he's been little more than an 'average' fill in.

He's a smaller QB who throws from a rather awkward three-quarter angle.....the result is a plethora of tipped passes and knock-downs at the line of scrimmage.

And while we're at it, they need both Burnham and Lucky Whitehead back in the lineup if they're going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad