Player Discussion Par Lindholm

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Bruins 5v5 results so far this season by Goals For %
(Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against))
Min 240 minutes

1. David Krejci 71%
2. Par Lindholm 67% (on ice for 8 goals for, 4 against)
3. Danton Heinen 65%
4. Brad Marchand 64%
5. David Pastrnak 64%
6. Zdeno Chara 61%
7. Patrice Bergeron 60%

20. Joakim Nordstrom 35% (7 vs. 13) - last on team, although not too much worth than the entire 4th line which gets ~~45% D Zone, ~25% O Zone starts

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
he is but if injury occurs to a 4th liner, he`s a reliable guy the coach can dress. I like his game, simple, effective in what he brings, but he should never be near a 3rd line C spot as he has been at times which isn`t his fault

Good point about Par. I don't mind him in that role at all, but it is still a mystery to me why they signed him. He is one of a half-dozen guys that can fill that role in some way.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Good point about Par. I don't mind him in that role at all, but it is still a mystery to me why they signed him. He is one of a half-dozen guys that can fill that role in some way.

This is what I meant. He’s a decent 4th line guy. In other words a JAG

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I have 0 issues with the signing, yes he is JAG but he`s JAG with some NHL experience who knows his role and is a guy you`ll never see trying to be something he isn`t. Again, the only issue I have with him simply isn`t his fault and that`s being thrust into a 3rd line C role when DK has been hurt or the B`s want to try Coyle on the wing which they should never do IMO

Lindholm is very strong defensively and with his speed and surprising willingness to play with some physicality (no he`s not a bruiser), he forces D men or opposition often to make a play they don`t want to.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
The embarrassing hole at 3C last season + Bergeron and Krejci age = add a true center as 13th forward. Maybe reactive, but it's paid off. Not much offense but a net positive.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I like him. He is fast and great 5v5 fourth liner. He also kills penalties. I think he gets it too rough around here. He seems to be the perfect 4th line guy. One with speed. Smart. And he is really good defensively. He is even good at killing penalties.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Time to give this one a bump. I admit I was not a fan of the signing. Not that I thought he was a bad player or anything, but that it was redundant and pointless. At this point, though, I think the guy might actually be our best 4th line player in terms of all around game. I enjoy watching him and I think he is the type of player that makes his linemates better. Yep he still has hands of stone and it isn't reasonable to expect him to develop into an NHL scorer- he would have done it by now I imagine if that was in him- but in terms of smart play, puck possession, solid passing, defensive positioning, penalty killing, agility, etc. I don't think there is a Bruin in that tier of player that is as complete a player.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Time to give this one a bump. I admit I was not a fan of the signing. Not that I thought he was a bad player or anything, but that it was redundant and pointless. At this point, though, I think the guy might actually be our best 4th line player in terms of all around game. I enjoy watching him and I think he is the type of player that makes his linemates better. Yep he still has hands of stone and it isn't reasonable to expect him to develop into an NHL scorer- he would have done it by now I imagine if that was in him- but in terms of smart play, puck possession, solid passing, defensive positioning, penalty killing, agility, etc. I don't think there is a Bruin in that tier of player that is as complete a player.

If he had even Danton Heinen's skill level with the puck he'd be a good third liner.

But it's okay. Lindholm knows his role and it's to be a pain in the ass to the other team on defense and get the puck moving in the opposite direction.

He quite frankly rarely ever makes mistakes.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Lindholm in the lineup means Kuraly gets to play wing. When Kuraly plays wing, we see a more effective Kuraly.

I thought Nordstrom was the best fourth liner in the playoffs but he's fallen down the list.

Kuraly-Lindholm-Wagner is what they should roll with from here on out.

Lindholm has some good hockey sense and is a responsible two way player. I like him a lot

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Is "Par" the Swedish translation for "Boring"?

In all seriousness though, I thought he had a decent game last night. He's better than Blidh, and no worse than Nordstrom, and the fact he can push Kuraly to the wing probably makes him a better option than both.

Reactions: JCRO

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Lindholm in the lineup means Kuraly gets to play wing. When Kuraly plays wing, we see a more effective Kuraly.

I thought Nordstrom was the best fourth liner in the playoffs but he's fallen down the list.

Kuraly-Lindholm-Wagner is what they should roll with from here on out.

Lindholm has some good hockey sense and is a responsible two way player. I like him a lot

This ^

:nod:

Reactions: JCRO

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

Not the best time to bring up those after the last game. The reasson why Stars scored on PP was he went missing after the face off. Also his lack of quickness, not at the NHL level. Once in a while he gets a secondary assist. He has scored 3 goals so far, one was an accident when he overskated an empty netter, the other two were a 2 on 1 rebound and a nice deflection. Not good enough to be a regular for me.

Last edited:

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Not the best time to bring up those after the last game. The reasson why Stars scored on PP was he went missing after the face off. Also his lack of quickness, not at the NHL level. Once in a while he gets a secondary assist. He has scored 3 goals so far, one was an accident when he overskated an empty netter, the other two were a 2 on 1 rebound and a nice deflection. Not good enough to be a regular for me.

To be fair, Pavelski interfered with him as he was trying to get out to the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad