Player Discussion Par Lindholm

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Good spare part that usually did his job, I had no problem with him
I am rather excited having an extra roster spot though,College free agency is coming!

I think they took a flyer hoping he had a little more offense to give since he was pretty productive his last couple years in Sweden. Didn't work out that way, but for $850k for a veteran on a short deal, he was fine.

I am guessing they would have liked to keep him for insurance, but did the right thing in letting him go to have a nice career in Europe.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think they took a flyer hoping he had a little more offense to give since he was pretty productive his last couple years in Sweden. Didn't work out that way, but for $850k for a veteran on a short deal, he was fine.

I am guessing they would have liked to keep him for insurance, but did the right thing in letting him go to have a nice career in Europe.

The issue is we saw him in Toronto first and still signed him.

Reactions: Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
did pretty much what he was signed on to do, be a 13/14th forward, step in when injuries occurred and play sound defensive minded hockey. Did his job well. While I won`t pretend he was a great signing, it`s not as though his cap hit hurt the B`s and it allowed them to put a responsible defensive forward in rather than have to call up kids from the A

Reactions: Dr Hook

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
He was a 12-14th forward kind of guy. He was signed and paid to fill that role. If we could score more, he'd be a 3rd liner and would cost more. It's the same thing with Kuraly and Wagner. They're fourth liners, they put up 4th line numbers. If they were more consistent offensively they'd be playing on Ottawa or Detroit's third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad