Player Discussion Par Lindholm

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Need a thread for him and I'd like to dedicate it to @BruinDust :laugh:

From Fluto in the Athletic:

"Par Lindholm has one career NHL goal. Toronto, the team that fished Lindholm out of Sweden in 2018, traded him after 61 games to Winnipeg. Nic Petan, who went to Toronto for Lindholm, didn’t make a single postseason appearance against the Bruins. Lindholm is 27 years old, usually past the age when forwards reach their offensive peak.

But Lindholm is fast. He is agile. He is a natural center who can play wing. He is entering the first season of a two-year, $1.7 million contract, which is practically minimum wage.
Most importantly, Lindholm kills penalties.

The Bruins are down a killer in Noel Acciari, who signed a three-year, $5 million deal with Florida. The Rhode Islander killed penalties with zero regard for his personal safety. Acciari will be missed, especially as a right-shot center.

Primarily because of his shorthanded experience, Lindholm is just about guaranteed to break camp with the varsity as Acciari’s replacement, even if his offensive numbers do not pop off the screen.

“If Lindholm’s in,” said Bruce Cassidy, “he’ll definitely kill.”

Reactions: BruinDust

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
He's probably 14th-15th on the depth chart. Probably behind Backes and Ritchie when it comes to healthy scratches, but who doesn't appreciate depth?

Personally I'd love if he got a game winning goal against Toronto to win the series :laugh::naughty:

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I wonder if Nordstrom is going to end up in a battle with him for icetime. I didn't always get the sense that Cassidy loved Nordstrom. I think they want someone on the 4th line that can move up in the pinch and they decided that Nordstrom just wasn't versatile enough.

I'm not sure I agree because I really liked Nordstrom in the playoffs but he is what he is and maybe the Bruins think Lindholm can be more.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I wonder if Nordstrom is going to end up in a battle with him for icetime. I didn't always get the sense that Cassidy loved Nordstrom. I think they want someone on the 4th line that can move up in the pinch and they decided that Nordstrom just wasn't versatile enough.

I'm not sure I agree because I really liked Nordstrom in the playoffs but he is what he is and maybe the Bruins think Lindholm can be more.

Definitely disagree on Nordy. He was playing sizeable minutes and contributed big time in the playoffs. He was awesome. I think it's more they think Lindholm can be another Nordy, as far as skating, sound defensive game etc.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Need a thread for him and I'd like to dedicate it to @BruinDust :laugh:

From Fluto in the Athletic:

"Par Lindholm has one career NHL goal. Toronto, the team that fished Lindholm out of Sweden in 2018, traded him after 61 games to Winnipeg. Nic Petan, who went to Toronto for Lindholm, didn’t make a single postseason appearance against the Bruins. Lindholm is 27 years old, usually past the age when forwards reach their offensive peak.

But Lindholm is fast. He is agile. He is a natural center who can play wing. He is entering the first season of a two-year, $1.7 million contract, which is practically minimum wage.
Most importantly, Lindholm kills penalties.

The Bruins are down a killer in Noel Acciari, who signed a three-year, $5 million deal with Florida. The Rhode Islander killed penalties with zero regard for his personal safety. Acciari will be missed, especially as a right-shot center.

Primarily because of his shorthanded experience, Lindholm is just about guaranteed to break camp with the varsity as Acciari’s replacement, even if his offensive numbers do not pop off the screen.

“If Lindholm’s in,” said Bruce Cassidy, “he’ll definitely kill.”

My favorite part of that entire post (apart from the dedication) is Cassidy's quote "IF Lindholm's in", emphasis on the "IF".

Reactions: Dr Hook

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
He’s wearing Wheelers old #26 so we have that going for us/him

If we can get half of what Wheeler is doing that would be awesome.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think he is a great piece to have he will be our 5 th center. We don’t have good center depth in providence. He will surprise us. If not the guy makes no money. Sweeney was sneaky smart on this one Had great stats in Sweden and had to adjust last year. I think he will be ready and hungry this year

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I know nothing of this player. Played 61 games for a direct rival last year. Nothing.

Seems like he was good in the games he played in pre-season from the GDT who is not easy to please.

Didn’t like Nordstrom all year last year. Redeemed himself big time as a huge playoffs performer.

If Lindholm can give us half of Nordstrom, it would be another great find by GM of the year on a -3 risk signing.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Talent wise, he is easily ahead of both.

Hot take: par Lindholm scores 30 points this season.

He has the skill to do that. I don't know if he is going to be in a position to, though. Killing penalties, playing the 4th line with offensive dynamos like Wagner and Kuraly. Unless he surprises and plays up in the lineup then it's possible.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I admit I thought he was on the PGA tour when I first heard his name

Par seems to describe his game - nothing spectacular but more important nothing poorly. Didn’t like the signing there’s the first sign it will pay off

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
I think he is a great piece to have he will be our 5 th center. We don’t have good center depth in providence. He will surprise us. If not the guy makes no money. Sweeney was sneaky smart on this one Had great stats in Sweden and had to adjust last year. I think he will be ready and hungry this year

He makes more than most doctors, SVP’s, VP’s, Directors, and lawyers.....I get that your comparison is relative, but let’s not startt tossing around $800k as if it’s grocery clerk wages.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He makes more than most doctors, SVP’s, VP’s, Directors, and lawyers.....I get that your comparison is relative, but let’s not startt tossing around $800k as if it’s grocery clerk wages.

He makes a lot more than I do- even if he went back to Sweden an played pro as his level he'd do pretty well.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Well... i traded for him in my sim team so obviously i thought hed be a bruin... my first clue was the 2 year deal

After seeing his last couple games he has a pulse

I can imagine him and nordstrom battling for depth spots 12 and 13 if everyone was healthy.

Could also see him on waivers if his intensity falls off. I wouldnt want very many guys like this on the team but 1 or 2 paid cheaply is fine with me

Maybe he will end up reminding us of axelsson? That would be good

Reactions: Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'd also like to say I think this guy might be that versatile forward you can move comfortably. Unlike a Kuraly or Wagner who historically look sort of out of place when they're moved off the fourth line.

He seems to be defensively sound but also has some hockey IQ. He showed this last night and in the preseason. Last night making nice little give and go plays and offensive zone time with line mates like Heinen. Also showed this with Bjork and Backes in the preseason.

Early to say but Im liking this signing a lot by the Don.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He like Ritchie raised their stock in yesterday's game. He can play higher up than the 4th line, leave that to Nordy when he gets back. Lindholm is versatile and could be good on the 3rd line. Between Ritchie and Kuhlman for the 2nd wing spot. Loser gets the 13th spot

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins hope he can show some offense but I haven't seen it yet. It's well-known that he's a good PKer and defensive player but if he's going to be a real great pickup, there has to be some offense there.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
The Bruins hope he can show some offense but I haven't seen it yet. It's well-known that he's a good PKer and defensive player but if he's going to be a real great pickup, there has to be some offense there.

If he could get to 20 or so points, he'd kind of be a PJ Axelsson Lite with his defensive game and smarts. That would be fantastic given his cap hit and the fact they got him for "free".

aguineapig

2019's version of the Riley Nash experiment. Good two way can PK, good numbers overseas. If he chips in ala Nash all the better and in two years he cashes in elsewhere like Hello Columbus Riley did. And then say Hello to the Beach Boy Johnny Beecher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad