Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
tro, barky, huby, yands, basically the whole team loved tro and he has the same feelings towards them. they all cried when he was traded. only have good things to say about him and wish tro the best.

Tro was one of my favorites even with all the shit he got and he did for a reason. But it's clear he never was fully recovered

I just wish he played for pretty much any other team than the Divers

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I hope so, that would be amazing. I still think Barkov is a better two-way player, but Huby is just amazing. He's a point producing machine.
Both of them are legitimate superstars, Barkov is better hockey player, i don't think there's no doubt about it but Huberdeau is also amazing and producing like crazy atm.

Just based on what you see on the ice, Barkov is a top-10 player in the league.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Was a couple minutes late to the interview but to roughly summarize:

• Q will ride the hot hand in net so looks like Judge tomorrow and Bob Saturday. *He's been very coy about about Bob situation imo*
  • He loves that Barky and Huberdeau can run their own lines to spread the wealth and makes it harder for opposition to shut down both lines.
  • Keep playing the right way, be respectful of your opponent whether TB/CAR or DET, thinks CAR is a really good team but happy with the 3 out of 4 wins in last 4 games, don't get too high but keep wanting to be better
  • Ekblad has been good, playing a ton of minutes, he's more consistent in his own end, likes him on the PP to give a different shooting option, Weegs had been good too but both can be better
  • Loves what Horny and Gudas bring, their energy, spark and the team has gravitated towards them as leaders.
The host had a joke that made Q laugh for a good 30 seconds, something about talking to your wife about sports but was on the computer and didn't fully hear it.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Think Ekblad is Norris candidate worthy this season. If he can continue his scoring, I think he has a shot. He is undoubtedly our best Dman, and has been outstanding for the past couple of seasons+ now.

55E7320E-FD2A-48CA-9995-D68954738B95.jpeg

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The good:
- CD was rock solid, not to blame for any goals. Just some slight trouble with playing the puck in the first
- Congrats, Lammy! 4th line had a great game, as did the 2nd line
- how does Huby do it being so slow? Amazing player, even if he makes you lose your mind sometimes
- CAR looked so much better than us in the first, they have such good skaters and D jumping into the play. It looked like it could turn into an ugly game, tactical adjustments and great effort level turned the tide. Good to know we are capable of that

The bad:
- we were horrible at FOs - please learn that Staal is always doing the same thing, tying up the stick and kicking the puck back
- Swaggy a bit invisible, not enough for a 1st line winger. Duke had a few nice plays though
- also not much to see from the OT-Luosto-Vatrano line

The ugly:
- I'm not picking on the guy. Yands with the 3 drop pass giveaways on the PP in the second was one of the worst things I have seen him do. I was jumping around yelling like a maniac. Awful game (the pass on Huby's first could have been made by any player, bad awareness by CAR)

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
A few things from a Canes fan.

Holy butts y'all have a good team! I didn't expect to have much trouble going into this season playing the Cats. I thought it'd be Dallas, TB, and Carolina at the top 3 in the division, and the Cats/CBJ/Nashville fighting for 4th. Season is young, but it looks like both Florida teams and the Canes are legit.

Huberdeau is stunningly good. The OT goal was unreal. Ned poke checked it into midair, and Huberdeau (Hubie? Hubbie? Qbert doh?) still had control, and buried it. The second Panthers goal was also sick. Unfortunately our goalie uh... thought he was playing for the other team on the third? I guess it was a tricky shot but no NHL goalie should let that in. Ah well.

This was also the only game I've watched so far this year where I wasn't pissed at the officiating. It was pretty good tonight! That's one for... the season I guess.

Weegar was kinda dumb on that penalty, but otherwise he looked good to me. As an outsider, I noticed his shifty skating and footwork. You don't see that enough in defensemen.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Think Ekblad is Norris candidate worthy this season. If he can continue his scoring, I think he has a shot. He is undoubtedly our best Dman, and has been outstanding for the past couple of seasons+ now.

View attachment 397573
If he was playing on his off-side, he would have scored on the two great chances he had. That's what I don't like about our setup on the PP. He will always need a moment to receive the puck and therefore the goalie can slide into a decent position to make the save. On the other side, he could directly one-time it into an empty net (or let it be blocked by Horny... bad luck)

Reactions: IM Clutcm

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Both of them are legitimate superstars, Barkov is better hockey player, i don't think there's no doubt about it but Huberdeau is also amazing and producing like crazy atm.

Just based on what you see on the ice, Barkov is a top-10 player in the league.

I think so too, his interception and perfect pass to Huby all in one motion for the game winner is an example of the elite defensive and offensive plays he makes every game.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I had some money on Ekblad scoring a goal, and it's absurd that it didn't pay out.

Awesome game otherwise. Huberdeau's pass and Trocheck's goal go on the season highlight reels. Can't even be unhappy about a goal like that, which is nearly impossible to defend against.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
A few things from a Canes fan.

Holy butts y'all have a good team! I didn't expect to have much trouble going into this season playing the Cats. I thought it'd be Dallas, TB, and Carolina at the top 3 in the division, and the Cats/CBJ/Nashville fighting for 4th. Season is young, but it looks like both Florida teams and the Canes are legit.

Huberdeau is stunningly good. The OT goal was unreal. Ned poke checked it into midair, and Huberdeau (Hubie? Hubbie? Qbert doh?) still had control, and buried it. The second Panthers goal was also sick. Unfortunately our goalie uh... thought he was playing for the other team on the third? I guess it was a tricky shot but no NHL goalie should let that in. Ah well.

This was also the only game I've watched so far this year where I wasn't pissed at the officiating. It was pretty good tonight! That's one for... the season I guess.

Weegar was kinda dumb on that penalty, but otherwise he looked good to me. As an outsider, I noticed his shifty skating and footwork. You don't see that enough in defensemen.

I guess you havent met this fellow named Bobrovsky yet. He's gives up at least couple of those per game. We'll gladly trade Bobrovsky for Ned

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The save Judge made last night to send the game into OT was one very similar that Bob made two and a half weeks ago to send the game into OT, just from a different side:

(3:22)

Sent with @Nhl

Reactions: KW

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He was surprisingly reliable for his first game back. There's always a risk that he can't keep it up game after game, so I don't mind the rotation with Nuti.
But at no point do I think Nuti has played well enough to warrant a platooning. What ever inconsistences Forsling might show later, Nuti still hasn't shown he's even as good as an inconsistent Forsling.

Reactions: Great8Cam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So Bob comes in for the game after that.

Driedger is seemingly the starter right now, but if Bob wants to continue shitting the bed he'll really solidify that by playing another horrible game Saturday. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I would think, minus a shutout, Bob is in on Saturday.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
So is Dreidger kind of your guys #1 now? Is this sustainable? Sort of sustainable? Maybe more a of a tandem going forward?

He looked very good last night and his stats on the year and last year were good too, albeit in limited time. Only 26 too so almost Binnington-esque in his career arc. Didn't seem like there was ever a lot of heat on him though but what are you guys gonna do with Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad