Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA LOGO GIF.gif

The Panthers passed the first real test of the year, taking 4 of 6 points from the Lightning in a 3 game series.
Now, they drop into Carolina for an afternoon game at 5pm EST and visit old friends in Reimer and Trocheck.

PNCArenaCrop.png

View attachment 396977
FLA LINEUP.jpg

LINEUPS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Guessing a loss but I’m optimistic! Our third line needs to do well! (It seems like games that they do well in the first are games that we win)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't feel like the Panthers will make any lineup changes tomorrow. With Cookie unavailable, they Can't put anyone on the centre. They need Lammer for that reason.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't feel like the Panthers will make any lineup changes tomorrow. With Cookie unavailable, they Can't put anyone on the centre. They need Lammer for that reason.

I made a small change, Juulsen out for Nutivaara, which shifts Gudas down with Yandle and Nuti up with Stralman.
Don't feel Juulsen had a good enough game and Q seems to like juggling the defense every now and then.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I made a small change, Juulsen out for Nutivaara, which shifts Gudas down with Yandle and Nuti up with Stralman.
Don't feel Juulsen had a good enough game and Q seems to like juggling the defense every now and then.
I forgot about the defense.

I am a Juu fan, but I don't think he had a great game last game, nor do I think Q think he played well.

I fully endorse The Nuti change, as I thought he did quite well the last two games against Tampa.

Reactions: violaswallet

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
So a 5pm start here on the East Coast. I know on the West Coast it is 2pm. That 2pm time could interfere with work.

Does that early start time work well for those if you in Finland, Germany, etc?

Game to me is a tossup. Canes have been playing well and are undefeated on home ice. Panthers have been a bit of a mystery. Some periods play tight defense, others play some river/pond hockey.

We should know what game they will be bringing pretty quickly.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
So a 5pm start here on the East Coast. I know on the West Coast it is 2pm. That 2pm time could interfere with work.

Game to me is a tossup. Canes have been playing well and are undefeated on home ice. Panthers have been a bit of a mystery. Some periods play tight defense, others play some river/pond hockey.

By my calculations, game will start at 11pm in those countries.

And my work finishes at 3pm. That's okay, I'm working from home haha

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Me personally, I dislike the 5 p.m. EST start time.

My ideal start time is 8:30, normal Chicago start time. Kids asleep, I've got everything I need for game time. It's quite enjoyable.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland

5pm Eastern is midnight here. It could work but it's not ideal. Normally I cannot stay up at night because I have training twice a day and need to get work done too but during the homeoffice time I have gone to bed relatively late and slept late.

I think they should offer more afternoon games now when fans are not allowed in most arenas. So it doesn't matter so much for the local fans what time the game starts.

Reactions: Cold Cat and PSLguy

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
5pm Eastern is midnight here. It could work but it's not ideal. Normally I cannot stay up at night because I have training twice a day and need to get work done too but during the homeoffice time I have gone to bed relatively late and slept late.

I think they should offer more afternoon games now when fans are not allowed in most arenas. So it doesn't matter so much for the local fans what time the game starts.
I agree about the afternoon games, especially on holidays. I expressed that many times in surveys the Panthers sent to season seat holders. I would say that they need to build generational fans and afternoon games on holidays and weekends would allow young fans to attend more games, unfortunately never listened!

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Lomberg count? :sarcasm:

5 Games 0 Points -1 but when he play Panthers win, when our TopLine doesnt play -2 or -3.
So yes his appearance really matters. ;) :rolleyes:

But it was more unimportant, that Duke scored, Barkov and Verheage had multi point Games.

But for our Yandle Fan Base, please explain me his postion or play on TBL 3rd Goal with Varhaege horrible.
And then my Friends Hater and Panthers Fan are we comeing to my all time Favorit Defensive play.
What the f*** did Yandle on the 2 on 1 play. he skating back and block more or less the shot laine, but already bow upfront to let him f*** up with TampaBay player. Sure it wasnt his fail all alone with the only Player in the way while you lead the Game only by 2 Goal in the 3rd Periode.
But that Yandle play would open a Discussion, is it better to throw your self on the ice to block also short loop passes, or play like Yandle where you blog the sure direct on the Ice pass.
Personal say i prefer the ice angel more then this yandle play. I also wondering me why not surprise your opponent player when he doesnt watch you and make a step into the Puck Carrier. Even when the pass get through, you take out one Player and you give your Goalie more time to react. Cause when you act, and do a play the opponent has to react first.
So when you only skate back and wait wait wait, its only a double reaction play on a move from your opponent.

That is something our Player must get into their Head play more clever.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
But for our Yandle Fan Base, please explain me his postion or play on TBL 3rd Goal with Varhaege horrible.
Maybe this isn't the place to linger on an old game, but it is a question that deserves an answer. The situation started when Duclair decided to not clear the puck and got stuck along the boards with Strålman, battling Smith and Maroon. Maroon came out with the puck, while Smith took off behind the net. Barkov backed off to prevent Maroon to get to the net and Yandle went to cover the far post while Verhaeghe covered the slot to prevent the Tampa D to get involved. Barkov was in a good position to stop Maroon and cut off his pass to Volkov, even if Verhaeghe or Yandle could have stayed with Volkov (while the other made sure Smith couldn't get open at the far post). Maroon ended up beating Barkov 1-on-1 so he and Volkov were all alone with the goalie. If Yandle would have closed on Volkov, Smith would have been open at the far post for an easy tap-in.

We got outnumbered because two of our players got stuck losing a board battle, and Barkov had a bit of bad luck trying to cut off Maroon. Whatever position Yandle and Verhaeghe takes in that situation will leave someone open, and I wouldn't say either of them made the wrong decision. The only poor decision was that Duclair didn't clear the zone ASAP when Smith and Maroon were barreling down on him.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

I agree about the afternoon games, especially on holidays. I expressed that many times in surveys the Panthers sent to season seat holders. I would say that they need to build generational fans and afternoon games on holidays and weekends would allow young fans to attend more games, unfortunately never listened!

You would think that this pandemic going on, most teams not allowing fans in the building, that someone would I realize that this is a big opportunity to attract a greater number of fans. Whether it be fans in different parts of the world, or younger fans going, why not have Afternoon games? The team has stood pat on the most part on their game start times, and that just benefits the average fan getting home from work watching the game on TV. Makes no sense!

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad