Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
tro, barky, huby, yands, basically the whole team loved tro and he has the same feelings towards them. they all cried when he was traded. only have good things to say about him and wish tro the best.
I loved Tro too and I know the injury affected him, but his play the last 2 years was lackadaisical garbage. I’ll always remember good Tro who was arguably my favorite player. Just some friendly ribbing.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Great game by your boys. Definitely wanted it more after the 1st period. Your forwards are big, strong and fast and don’t let up. Kind of reminds me of our forwards but even more aggressive.

Hadn’t really followed your goalie at all but he played great tonight. A few really big saves at the end and obviously Huberdeau is a beast.

Deserve to be top of the division after tonight. Here’s to more good games to come.

I’ll go back to my board now and eat shit while surging or whatever I guess.
I have felt the storm surge for more than 4 hours, im contacting my doctor

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Lmao it’s not you. There was one poster with like 4 posts who came on here after 2-0 and said enjoy the surge. You guys have an amazing team and defense. That one poster can eat it though.

Who was this joker that came in and posted that? I’m checking the earlier pages and can’t see any posts like that. If he’s actually a Canes fan and posts on our board I’m gonna chew him out for being a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: emptyNedder

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Who was this joker that came in and posted that? I’m checking the earlier pages and can’t see any posts like that. If he’s actually a Canes fan and posts on our board I’m gonna chew him out for being a f***ing idiot.
Opposing fans that come to our GDT just to cause trouble get instantly thread banned.

I'll leave it at that, no need to discuss this further.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Opposing fans that come to our GDT just to cause trouble get instantly thread banned.

I'll leave it at that, no need to discuss this further.

Fair enough. You guys do your thing and congrats on the victory tonight. We’ll get you next time. Just keep beating up the rest of the division and we’ll be at the top together. We’re even good with you guys taking top spot.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It's criminal how little attention Huberdeau gets league wide. The guy is a legitimate superstar, but all the NHL feeds us is McDavid, Crosby and Matthews.

#Hubie4Hart

You heard it here first
And whatshisname in Colorado.

Reactions: harv33173

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just got done watching the game, good game by mostly everyone.

• Judge played really good , though I thought he had a bad first. He would be a reason this team got one of the two points tonight.
  • I thought Weegs struggled for the most part. Dumb penalties.
  • Always exciting to see someone's score their first career NHL goal. Well deserve by Lammer!
  • Fors thad a great game. Still getting a feel for him, thought maybe he's not a physical player. Then he goes and throws a huge hit at the start of the 3rd. His best period was his final one.
  • Barky is money as usual. That defensive play he had to set up the overtime winner was something else. Would like to see him better at the faceoff. Saying that's I haven't seen the final numbers.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
They make mistakes and some really stupid ones but this team has fight. Something you can’t say for a lot of these other teams we’ve employed. They play in your face and don’t lay down. Coach Q has quite frankly earned his paycheck here. He turned these lazy assholes into a hard working team.

I think it's been a team effort by Zito and Q, but yeah, he's won me over this season after a poor performance last season.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
  • Hubie is something else! The Carolina announcers showed a chart where he is the NHL's second leading scorer since January 28th. They mentioned how he was hurt in the offseason, and that could be why he had a slow start. Obviously he had to show who was the best hockey player in Tro's wedding.
  • Tro has now scored a goal against every NHL team.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Great win. Especially being down 2-0. Big toe save by Judge late. Huby was stellar, Canes announcer mentioned that Huby couldn’t train as hard as he’d liked to in the off-season due to an injury.

I don’t like opps scoring on us but kinda cool to see Tro do well. I followed him closely when we drafted him. Good kid with a terrible injury and seems like he’s battled completely back from it. Props.

To hang with TB and now a solid Carolina team feels good. I love those black sweaters btw.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->