Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So is Dreidger kind of your guys #1 now? Is this sustainable? Sort of sustainable? Maybe more a of a tandem going forward?

He looked very good last night and his stats on the year and last year were good too, albeit in limited time. Only 26 too so almost Binnington-esque in his career arc. Didn't seem like there was ever a lot of heat on him though but what are you guys gonna do with Bob?

It's 50/50, but Driedger is playing a lot recently because he's been way better and it's looking like he's trending toward being the clear cut #1. Bobrovsky is horrid and I have no idea what they're going to do about it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So is Dreidger kind of your guys #1 now? Is this sustainable? Sort of sustainable? Maybe more a of a tandem going forward?

He looked very good last night and his stats on the year and last year were good too, albeit in limited time. Only 26 too so almost Binnington-esque in his career arc. Didn't seem like there was ever a lot of heat on him though but what are you guys gonna do with Bob?

:skeptic: don't be getting any ideas for your new goalie in CAR. We gave you Reimer and he's been shining like the star he is.

But yes, most, if not all FLA fans would welcome Judge back on a 1-2 year deal in around $2.5 to 3 million per.

Q will just ride the hot hand, it's somewhat obvious Driedger has been better dating back to last year.
He plays a simple, compact but big net coverage game due to his size. Rarely not square to shooter, decent rebound control and calm for most part in games. He can move pretty good for 6'4 and his long legs have saved the day, as in last night

Hopefully what Knight will bring to us in a couple years.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

That's the $10m question!

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
$10 mil question indeed. Bob's contract is just so big and tough to move which is too bad because it seems like Dreidger would be the perfect bridge to Knight in 2-3 years time.

But yeah, we're happy with Reimer for the most part. He provides good value for what he brings and is a good locker room guy. Him and Petr are different sides of the same coin, if you were able to combine their best traits you'd have a super goalie so for now we just have to play them off each other and hope that with sharing the load they can both elevate their game to playing at their top level. For the most part they've done that. It's nice to know if one gets injured or is in a cold streak you have a more than capable goalie able to take over. Ned... that's another story.

Anyway, cheers again and see you all in the playoffs hopefully.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's 50/50, but Driedger is playing a lot recently because he's been way better and it's looking like he's trending toward being the clear cut #1. Bobrovsky is horrid and I have no idea what they're going to do about it.
Bob has let in 8 goals in his last two games, Judge has let in 7.

It is interesting that all the goals Judge has let in the last two games are upstairs in the net, top shelf.
I don't want to say the book is out on him... I just don't want to publish it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Bob has let in 8 goals in his last two games, Judge has let in 7.

It is interesting that all the goals Judge has let in the last two games are upstairs in the net, top shelf. I don't want to say the book is out on him... I just don't want to publish it.
The difference,IMO, is when Bob gives up a goal it seems to deflate the team. That doesn't seem to happen with Dreidger.

It's like the team is some of us watching the game; oh no - here we go, Bob's gonna let in a bunch. Whereas with Dreidger it's like; ok - no big deal, let's get it back.

It's as if the team doesn't trust Bob but does trust Dreidger.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The difference,IMO, is when Bob gives up a goal it seems to deflate the team. That doesn't seem to happen with Dreidger.

It's like the team is some of us watching the game; oh no - here we go, Bob's gonna let in a bunch. Whereas with Dreidger it's like; ok - no big deal, let's get it back.

It's as if the team doesn't trust Bob but does trust Dreidger.
I definitely noticed that. The one most guilty of that IMO is Hubie.
IIRC, he called out Bob, kind of, in a presser the one day.

I kind of get the feeling that Q is starting to get this feeling as well.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
:skeptic: don't be getting any ideas for your new goalie in CAR. We gave you Reimer and he's been shining like the star

But yes, most, if not all FLA fans would welcome Judge back on a 1-2 year deal in around $2.5 to 3 million per.

Q will just ride the hot hand, it's somewhat obvious Driedger has been better dating back to last year.
He plays a simple, compact but big net coverage game due to his size. Rarely not square to shooter, decent rebound control and calm for most part in games. He can move pretty good for 6'4 and his long legs have saved the day, as in last night

Hopefully what Knight will bring to us in a couple years.

Give him time, Tallas will ruin him soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->