LeBrun: Panthers trying to trade Reimer, might buy him out if no takers

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Matheson + Reimer for Mete

I would certainly do that as Montreal. Not sure why Florida would.

Clearing cap space is great, but losing your top LHD (with Yandle) while doing it is kind of stupid.

Last edited:

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I wonder if a Reimer for Zaitsev swap makes sense for the two teams. Toronto gets a backup they're familiar with and Florida buys low on a RHD that can be sheltered behind Ekblad.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would certainly do that as Montreal. Not sure why Florida would.

Clearing cap space is great, but losing your top LHD (with Yandle) while doing it is kind of stupid.

Clears out space for Panarin & Bobrovski & gives them a younger future #2 in Mete

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I wonder if a Reimer for Zaitsev swap makes sense for the two teams. Toronto gets a backup they're familiar with and Florida buys low on a RHD that can be sheltered behind Ekblad.
Florida is trying to shed salary, not add 4.5 for six more years. Oh and for a player who would be on their bottom pairing. Florida will trade him with an asset to shed his salary or buy him out.

Reactions: Montsy14

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Florida wants to clear space, not gain any.

Toronto is in no position to have a 3,4 millions backup for the next 2 years.

Bad bad bad for everyone involved.

Reactions: mapleleafs34

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Reimer + Pysyk for Zaitsev and Brown

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That's a pretty big overpayment by Florida to clear 2.4m of cap for 2 seasons

It's 3,4 millions of cap hit.

Would save them 4,8 millons in real money vs a buyout. Some people could think that amount of money is worth dropping 3 spots in the mid-first round, especially owners of a team that is losing money.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The only way Reimer makes any sensw for Toronto is if he's bouggt out an even then I'd be hesitant, I mean he's a major upgrade on Sparks but he's a wimp ge gets hyrt if you breath on him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Leafs aren't going to take that when they could easily get a legitimate return.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He will get bought out.

The buyout cap hit isn't too bad. 900k this year, 600k in years 3+4.

It's year 2 where the big cap hit of 3M + comes, and there might be a lockout anyways.

I can't see him being taken by another team in a trade, but he'd be a good FA pickup. Coming off a down year, but he might be a solid #2 at a low cap hit for someone.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
This doesn't bode well for Reimer's chances of staying with Florida.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lol just let the Panthers sign Panarin and Bob already. No use waiting til the 1st, we all know it's happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad