Friedman: Panthers trying to trade Keith Yandle

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The shrug wasn't meant to be "nothing" and instead meant to be "I don't know what" but I could imagine someone like Rasmus Kupari going the other way. But it's hard to create a trade with a positive value and a negative value.
I mean we aren’t giving up the top goalie prospect in the world to get rid of someone now who we could keep for the season

Reactions: FinlandPanther

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Neither team does this but what about this stupid idea?

Keith Yandle 2 mil retained

Tyler Johnson and 1st round pick in 2022

Yandle works as our 7th d and can possibly add a little pp work too. Maybe we try to get rid of him in the offseason with only a year left on his deal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This is all there is to it, great on the powerplay, one of the worst players in the league at 5 v5. I dont see anyone trading for him, he cant play at even strength

Seen a comment he was dead last in WAR for 6 years in a row.
Can't confirm or deny.

The Kessel trade makes some sense for expansion protection purposes.
We can protect more forwards at 7-3-1 route. We protect Ekblad, Weegar and one of Stillman or Nuti depending on this year's performance.

Yotes protect OEL, Chychrun and Yandle if they go the same route. All their other D are UFAs
One less forward for them to protect.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Yandle works as our 7th d and can possibly add a little pp work too. Maybe we try to get rid of him in the offseason with only a year left on his deal.
The fourth year for Johnson doesn’t work well with Huby and Weegar up in 2023 when Yandle expires

Reactions: CupsOverCash

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
2nd poster to say this. Any proof/quotes to back it up?
I've seen him say he loves to play in the Garden, now that's not saying playing for BOS though
spoke with his dad 2 years back at my cousins funeral. father had nothing good to say about boston bruins orginization and
compared other franchises to the bruins. went into detail about how other teams really take care of the families and kids etc...
again he did not have many nice things to say about bruins. wasnt just the dad giving his opinions he specifically was
telling it from his sons perspective. yandle has had his chance via free agency to go where he has wanted, he didnt pick boston then why now?
bruins dont want or need him as far as I can tell. He nevers bashes Boston the city just
doesnt want to play for Bruins. As someone who grew up outside Boston I can
understand this. Lots of Bruins fans still harbor a grudge for Mr Jacobs and Co.
and I got the feeling this is true for the Yandles for sure.

Reactions: violaswallet

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
spoke with his dad 2 years back at my cousins funeral. father had nothing good to say about boston bruins orginization and
compared other franchises to the bruins. went into detail about how other teams really take care of the families and kids etc...
again he did not have many nice things to say about bruins. wasnt just the dad giving his opinions he specifically was
telling it from his sons perspective. yandle has had his chance via free agency to go where he has wanted, he didnt pick boston then why now? bruins dont want or need him as far as I can tell.

Ok you're the same poster from a couple pages back. Did Yandle say these things or just his dad?

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Ok you're the same poster from a couple pages back. Did Yandle say these things or just his dad?
it was his dad. he wasnt speaking about the topic from his perspective, he clearly was making a point about his sons opinions too. Things change
but I would be utterly shocked to see Yandle ever pull on a Bruins jersey. Lots of these homegrown players dont always want to play for the team
they grew up around watching.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I mean another contract wouldn’t be a problem; it’s probably pretty even given how bad Ghost was last season but I see your point
probably have to take something back to even money somewhat or florida adds a little something. They are not dealing from a position of strength.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Wouldn't want any of those to be my top PPQB either. Running a PP entails far more than being able to knock in a few pucks. It primarily requires vision and puck distribution, and to some degree the ability to carry the puck into the zone with firm possession.

Sorry, there just isn't any competent PP QB worth a dime after Yandle in Florida.

Your post is pointless because bolded clearly indicates you haven't watch Yandle play in Florida.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Oh my God! No! No! No! nonononono! NOOOOOO!!!!! Get back to HF Lightning and the GDT party before we take your posting privileges away!!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So he plays with your third and fourth lines, who regularly get outscored? How is that his fault?

Not that he should be there, but if he was playing on your top pair with your top line, those numbers would be drastically different.

Weegar took his spot beside Ekblad then Yandle was tried on 2nd pairing and Stillman (a rookie) took his spot beside Stralman.
It's clear he needs to be sheltered 5 on 5 so putting him back on top pairing against top opposition seems a bit counter productive no?

Are we going to question a 3 time SC coach who's 2nd all time in wins?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Weegar took his spot beside Ekblad then Yandle was tried on 2nd pairing and Stillman (a rookie) took his spot beside Stralman.
It's clear he needs to be sheltered 5 on 5 so putting him back on top pairing against top opposition seems a bit counter productive no?

Are we going to question a 3 time SC coach who's 2nd all time in wins?
I'm being shown stats based on on-ice results. I'm suggesting that it doesn't offer a lot of context. He brings more to the table being flanked by skill forwards. You're saying he's bad because he can't carry checking lines on a non-playoff team.

I suspect that Detroit would be a great landing spot for him and those stats provided would be irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad