Friedman: Panthers trying to trade Keith Yandle

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I guess moving or trying to move Yandle and Nutivaara’s injury could explain the Forsling and Juulsen waiver claims for #6 and #7 defenseman until Nuti returns if Yandle is indeed out in Florida.

Reactions: Husqvarna

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m worried that we are handling Yandle in a way that makes it less likely for Huby and Barky to re-sign: we gave him a NMC and are now trying to get him to waive by threatening his record streak.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Oh please be true. If zito was able to trade matheson then he’s capable of anything. There’s gotta be a team that’s willing to take him on if they’re lacking on D, that won’t mind protecting him in the expansion draft, if we’re taking salary back (obviously). Just a matter of him waiving. It’s a NMC

Reactions: 5 Hole

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Um why? The defense was a disaster the last few seasons and they’re pushing to fix it. While I don’t have an issue with yandle (he’s top 5 in scoring for d-men), I also am very open to changes.

Fix it the same week the season opens? Fix it by clashing with a productive veteran assistant Captain who is also the most senior player on the team? Threatening his league leading iron man streak to try and force him to waive his NTC?

I can get Q not liking his attitude, I probably wouldn't either if I was his coach. Just seems a lot less than ideal.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I’m worried that we are handling Yandle in a way that makes it less likely for Huby and Barky to re-sign: we gave him a NMC and are now trying to get him to waive by threatening his record streak.
Not to mention he is probably a favorite among teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad