Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Sounds like Duchene to CBJ is close. This is bad because if they re-sign him they'll still be a playoff threat next year.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Sounds like Duchene to CBJ is close. This is bad because if they re-sign him they'll still be a playoff threat next year.

Also good because they will be less likely to trade Bob and Panarin so they will make it to FA.

Ideally for us is they get bounced in the 1st and we trade for rights and sign before FA

Reactions: CaptainScrewy

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Also good because they will be less likely to trade Bob and Panarin so they will make it to FA.

Ideally for us is they get bounced in the 1st and we trade for rights and sign before FA

I have no idea what CBJ is doing. Don't get me wrong, not trading Panarin and Bob and going for it is good for Florida as no risk of offending either guy, but like...are they aware they play Tampa? They're potentially going to lose Duchene, Panarin, and Bob for nothing and not have their 1st round pick this year just to get dummied in the 1st round lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
On the other hand, maybe Florida will beat CBJ once next year? I'm shocked this trade was not contingent on Duchene signing an extension.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That is a horrible deal. Matt duchene isn’t worth all that and on top the extension makes them lose another first ayyyy carumba.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
CBJ will not be any better next year even if Duchene signs and Ottawa will be garbage for years. Sounds good to me.
Imo no chance in hell he re-signs. They'll be bad even if he stays like you said. I admire their GM's balls but wow I guess he really wants to try an win a round this year lol

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Imo no chance in hell he re-signs. They'll be bad even if he stays like you said. I admire their GM's balls but wow I guess he really wants to try an win a round this year lol

You gotta think this is his attempt to save his job.

Probably frowned upon that he may lose Bob and bread for potentially nothing.

He said f*** it...let's go

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Ottawa is going to win only 4 games next year. Jeez.

All against Florida :laugh:
You might think you're exaggerating, but they seems to be going right back to square one, and they went 10-70-4 in the 84-game 92-93 season when they debuted, and didn't break 20 wins until their 5th season. So it wouldn't be unheard of for that team to completely tank.

With CBJ getting Duchene either they're keeping Panarin for their playoff run or they'll still deal him and hope Duchene allows them to still compete for a playoff berth. Guess we'll see over the next 3 days.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If I was a Columbus fan, and Panarin and Bob were still with the team Tuesday morning, I’d be PISSED! You have the strong potential to start off free agency without Bobrovsky, Panarin, Duchene, AND a 1st rounder. That is a major fail for a GM hoping his team can win it all, when in reality they will probably lose to TB in the first round.

Reactions: Rahooji

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Him too.

He's been underwhelming but I still think we can get a good return. Sheahan has been better imo.

Agree but Brassard has been legitimate No. 2 center and is on an expiring contract. Most of the other centers rumored to be available would cost a boatload more since they are younger and on contracts with term. I am thinking that Tallon's ask is now a first or a 2nd plus.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Agree but Brassard has been legitimate No. 2 center and is on an expiring contract. Most of the other centers rumored to be available would cost a boatload more since they are younger and on contracts with term. I am thinking that Tallon's ask is now a first or a 2nd plus.

'Like'

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Call me crazy but I like what Columbus just did. They were likely going to lose panarin and bob anyways, so their best chance for a cup is this year. It sucks that they can't keep the team together and obviously they are screwed if/when they lose bob, panarin, and duschene. But nobody is in this to win a playoff round and they probably won't be getting another shot for awhile.

Maybe they go deep and convince all three to stay...super long shot. Worst case scenario they have a lot of cap space to use.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad