Panthers @ Senators - Wrestlemania is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Half joking i guess as i don't like to hate on other's just because i personally don't enjoy it, or at least im trying lol...i guess just the idea of A) make believe when real options are available and B) my perception that it is entertainment aimed at children make me uneasy when i see adults (mainly men) getting right into. That said i have seen they have injected alot more sex into it so perhaps i am way off on the second one.

I could go on for years on the many other reasons but mainly they are just my personal opinions/views and not worth debating other's who enjoy the entertainment. At the end of the day im of the "if it aint hurting anyone what business is it of yours" group.

A lot "more"? Are you kidding me? The WWE 20 years ago had actual nudity at rare times.

Ya. Breasts. "Puppies". Live on TSN.

It was a much more risque product back in the day.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
A lot "more"? Are you kidding me? The WWE 20 years ago had actual nudity at rare times.

Ya. Breasts. "Puppies". Live on TSN.

It was a much more risque product back in the day.

It was kinda cool back when it was the WWF and WCW but maybe I only thought that because I was a kid.

Ttracer*

Any grown man that doesn't like wrestling worries me.

Seriously how fun would if be to bounce off the ropes in a real ring.

Ttracer*

Type of people? Like dads and their kids holding signs and cheering their favorite wrestlers? They're more hyped than any nhl fanbase.

Sounds like you need to be suplexed for such dim insight. Hockey games half the fans leave pissd, everyone leaves happy after so called fake wrestling.

BTW nothing they do is fake, its scripted ya but all the moves actually happen, its not CGI

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Type of people? Like dads and their kids holding signs and cheering their favorite wrestlers? They're more hyped than any nhl fanbase.

Sounds like you need to be suplexed for such dim insight. Hockey games half the fans leave pissd, everyone leaves happy after so called fake wrestling.

BTW nothing they do is fake, its scripted ya but all the moves actually happen, its not CGI

I think we can all agree that the majority of hardcore wrestling fans who regularly attend these things are a pretty specific type. Dads with their kids aren't included with them. I'm talking grown men and women sans kids wearing WWF t-shirts and in need of a shower. :p

And scripted competition = fake.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What I find amusing is that most thoughtful wrestling fans know it's fake and still find a way to enjoy it

Then you have people telling them they are dumb because it's fake and they shouldn't be enjoying it

It's like the South Park episode about the mormons

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What I find amusing is that most thoughtful wrestling fans know it's fake and still find a way to enjoy it

Then you have people telling them they are dumb because it's fake and they shouldn't be enjoying it

It's like the South Park episode about the mormons

Enjoying it on tv and being a hardcore fan are two different things, and I dare you to look at that WWE crowd and not agree with me. :p

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
WWE crowds are definitely interesting I won't argue that. I grew up watching it and loving it as a kid though. I don't follow nearly as much but I'll flip it on every now and then. Basically if you saw Man on the Moon about Andy Kaufman and his he started to love wrestling that's pretty much how I started loving it too. I always rooted heel though as a kid because the characters were so much more interesting. I had a Million Dollar Man wrestling buddy. I still wish I had that thing.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I did say "thoughtful fans"

I don't know a lot people who like wrestling but the ones I do know basically talk about it like it's a TV show and they love it

Good for them I say

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I did say "thoughtful fans"

I don't know a lot people who like wrestling but the ones I do know basically talk about it like it's a TV show and they love it

Good for them I say

I find it interesting from a sociological perspective how wrestling is still loved today. If you explained it to some alien they would think you're on crack probably.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I know Jon Stewart is a pretty big fan, and I doubt many people would consider him an idiot.

Some people like showtunes, some people like Maury, and some people like watching people fake fight in tights. And some people like all three but I'm really wary of those people.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It's a live soap opera for dudes. (yes of course there are some women who are fans too but let's be honest.)

It's just another form of entertainment.

Ttracer*

I think we can all agree that the majority of hardcore wrestling fans who regularly attend these things are a pretty specific type. Dads with their kids aren't included with them. I'm talking grown men and women sans kids wearing WWF t-shirts and in need of a shower. :p

And scripted competition = fake.
Better not turn on the news, any TV show, or movie ever again. Scripted doesn't mean fake, fake is Vegas CGI shows where what you're seeing isn't actually happening

Look up the definition of fake, ur probably trolling anyways if you think wwe moves don't really happen

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Gets me every time.

There was another one where I believe it was Kevin Nash who got punched out of the ring but couldn't fall between the ropes. Can't find it anywhere.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Enjoying it on tv and being a hardcore fan are two different things, and I dare you to look at that WWE crowd and not agree with me. :p

I don't think I've purchased a ticket for a live wrestling show in about a decade (at least), but I worked about 3 WWE shows when I worked for the Sens and Ottawa was hosting WWE events, and I don't agree with you.

There is definitely "that kind" of fan no doubt, but it is hardly the majority of fans there. A Wrestling show honestly attracts all walks of life.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I find it interesting from a sociological perspective how wrestling is still loved today. If you explained it to some alien they would think you're on crack probably.

It's no different from watching a summer blockbuster movie, honestly. Explaining wrestling to an alien would sound just as crazy to an alien as explaining why we enjoy and find humor in watching movies in which we blow up our own cities.

Seriously, imagine these two arguments to an alien:

"We like recording ourselves blowing up all of our national monuments and killing each other, and then we sell these recordings to the general public because there is an incredible demand for such things, and people watch them over and over again, and some of our most respected artistic critics rate us on how good we are at pretending to kill each other"

vs.

"Some of us like to watch a pretend fight, but sometimes people make fun of those who like to pretend fight, because they'd rather watch people actually injure each other for money".

The only difference is one is live, the other isn't. Plus... you know, production values and all that other stuff, but it's in the same family tree. Wrestling is just as scripted as The Avengers, or Die Hard, or Ghostbusters, or T2: Judgement Day, or every other movie. It's just a live stunt show, instead of one filmed in advance.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Erik Karlsson was angry: "the last three games we didn't show up. It looks like we don't deserve ****." #sens
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) March 29, 2015

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You saw it at the end of the second punching with Willie Mitchell. Both Ryan and Karlsson. Karlsson is a man on a mission now. He has been for many games. As great as he is it is 2015 NHL and he can only do what he can.

Personally I saw it starting after the Flames scored 4 in the third. Since that point in that game he is a man on a mission. Of Karlsson we have no worries now. He is angry/hungry Alfie like now. The rest of the team has to still come up now and do more and let Karlsson be maybe the best player in the world right now.

I like hungry mad Erik. He will win us a Cup. Maybe not this year. But he has the drive.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's no different from watching a summer blockbuster movie, honestly. Explaining wrestling to an alien would sound just as crazy to an alien as explaining why we enjoy and find humor in watching movies in which we blow up our own cities.

Seriously, imagine these two arguments to an alien:

"We like recording ourselves blowing up all of our national monuments and killing each other, and then we sell these recordings to the general public because there is an incredible demand for such things, and people watch them over and over again, and some of our most respected artistic critics rate us on how good we are at pretending to kill each other"

vs.

"Some of us like to watch a pretend fight, but sometimes people make fun of those who like to pretend fight, because they'd rather watch people actually injure each other for money".

The only difference is one is live, the other isn't. Plus... you know, production values and all that other stuff, but it's in the same family tree. Wrestling is just as scripted as The Avengers, or Die Hard, or Ghostbusters, or T2: Judgement Day, or every other movie. It's just a live stunt show, instead of one filmed in advance.

If I was an alien I would still find it weirder. I love wrestling though, I just imagine trying to explain it to someones who've never heard of it pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad