Panthers @ Senators - Wrestlemania is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Dont know what Andy was thinking trying to go out and poke Jagr seriously? He had no angle it was absolutely stupid. I defended him last game but man the team plays like **** with him in net and he wasn't much better...

I love Andy, but he plays that same play like **** every single time. Over commits and allows the easy wrap around. Happened a bunch of times to him. It's a pretty big flaw in his game. Still a great goalie though, imo.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
yep, putting greening with Z and ryan and condra with turris and stone was not the wisest of ideas. who would've thought.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You could see this little losing streak coming even when they were winning games...started not doing things they had done early on mainly outwork teams.

Hope they have some fight left in them but the impression i am left with over the last three games is that the teams done/out of gas, prove me wrong fellas!

sidenote: Adult fans of wrestling make me nervous!

Last edited:

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
haven't noticed Condra as much lately either... its been more Pageau Lazar... I guess when Ryan, Zibby, Hoff, Condra, and Michalek(out) aren't giving you those goals, the team's gonna lose

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't mind the fact that we lost. Losses happen. But the fact that it the biggest loss (in terms of importance ) happens in a game when the coach goes haywire on the lines is what bugs me the most. How does the coach not look at those lines and go "oh. These are bad ".

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
My wife says that "hockey is all rigged, like wrestling. Thats why Ottawa wont make the playoff and the Leafs will get McDavid"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My wife says that "hockey is all rigged, like wrestling. Thats why Ottawa wont make the playoff and the Leafs will get McDavid"

Meh. With or without mcdavid. Leafs still make more money than anybody else. League doesn't need mcdavid in Toronto. They need him in Arizona. Or even Ottawa if we are talking practicality.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If They allowed wraparounds in he shootout Andy's SO save percentage lifetime would 0.00%.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
btw - I missed the Toronto game and I'll assume PW was a **** show, but we struggled mightily exiting the defensive zone with possession last night. Gryba, Boro and Cowen are terrible at it and it hurts us when all three are in the lineup.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
The last few games makes me miss Michalek.... something I've never thought I would say.

The Sens are a young and streaky team and this just shows us that the team needs some veteran presence and cannot depend on mostly rookies getting hot streaks.

Hoping that the sens actually get a decent d man and forward to help out but I'm not so sure that would happen. I feel like the leafs of a few years ago. Plays badly and then finally kicks it up a notch when it's just too late. I'm glad the players had a chance to play well and have this run but I don't think the sens make it this year.

But on a plus side we've got some bright spots in our future. Just hope we can build on that next year

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Guys, I think we need to be hones with ourselves here - that was a pretty darn good Wrestlemania.

It definitely loses something when most of the wrestlers I recognized in the thing were the new inductees to the Hall of Fame, and only 2 current guys. Still feels off knowing Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior are gone. :(

Damn, I feel so old.

You could see this little losing streak coming even when they were winning games...started not doing things they had done early on mainly outwork teams.

Hope they have some fight left in them but the impression i am left with over the last three games is that the teams done/out of gas, prove me wrong fellas!

sidenote: Adult fans of wrestling make me nervous!

Same here.

I started looking a bit at wrestling again when Videotron put on a free preview of their wrestling channel for a few weeks last month. Lol, thought I left those "trailerpark" television viewing habits behind 20 years ago. Even the occasional 5-minute look at the Maurys and Springers of the world these days leave me uneasy. The whole thing is just so.......'Merica. It's strange how easily it can draw a person in again.

It feels so dirty watching that stuff.....but it's like a car wreck. As much as you want to do the right thing and look away, you can help but take a peek.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It definitely loses something when most of the wrestlers I recognized in the thing were the new inductees to the Hall of Fame, and only 2 current guys. Still feels off knowing Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior are gone. :(

Damn, I feel so old.

Same here.

I started looking a bit at wrestling again when Videotron put on a free preview of their wrestling channel for a few weeks last month. Lol, thought I left those "trailerpark" television viewing habits behind 20 years ago. Even the occasional 5-minute look at the Maurys and Springers of the world these days leave me uneasy. The whole thing is just so.......'Merica. It's strange how easily it can draw a person in again.

It feels so dirty watching that stuff.....but it's like a car wreck. As much as you want to do the right thing and look away, you can help but take a peek.

Exactly this. It's bordering on just a disastrous over-the-top product, but it is still strangely appealing. I haven't watched wrestling in about a year until last night, and it was pretty entertaining.

Would I pay for the PPV though? No.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If They allowed wraparounds in he shootout Andy's SO save percentage lifetime would 0.00%.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Half joking i guess as i don't like to hate on other's just because i personally don't enjoy it, or at least im trying lol...i guess just the idea of A) make believe when real options are available and B) my perception that it is entertainment aimed at children make me uneasy when i see adults (mainly men) getting right into. That said i have seen they have injected alot more sex into it so perhaps i am way off on the second one.

I could go on for years on the many other reasons but mainly they are just my personal opinions/views and not worth debating other's who enjoy the entertainment. At the end of the day im of the "if it aint hurting anyone what business is it of yours" group.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Half joking i guess as i don't like to hate on other's just because i personally don't enjoy it, or at least im trying lol...i guess just the idea of A) make believe when real options are available and B) my perception that it is entertainment aimed at children make me uneasy when i see adults (mainly men) getting right into. That said i have seen they have injected alot more sex into it so perhaps i am way off on the second one.

I could go on for years on the many other reasons but mainly they are just my personal opinions/views and not worth debating other's who enjoy the entertainment. At the end of the day im of the "if it aint hurting anyone what business is it of yours" group.

To me it's no different than adult males loving The Batman and Marvel and Transformer movies and all that superhero stuff. It's entertainment.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
To me it's no different than adult males loving The Batman and Marvel and Transformer movies and all that superhero stuff. It's entertainment.

Exactly. If you want to pre-judge people for liking wrestling because it's "fantasy" then your PVR better consist solely of documentaries because all entertainment has an element of whimsy and make-believe to it.

Except reality TV. That stuff is garbage.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's essentially a live stunt show with a story built around it. People know its fake, the illusion is not what makes it entertaining.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Greening, Smith, Chiasson, Gryba, Cowen, Borowiecki, Legwand are all SCRUBS.

Keep Boro though. Maybe Chiasson too if he stays 4th line and 0:00:00 PP time. Otherwise jeez...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad