Panthers @ Senators - Wrestlemania is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
The only positive about this flame out is the humble pie some of this fanbase will be forced to eat.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Exactly. If you want to pre-judge people for liking wrestling because it's "fantasy" then your PVR better consist solely of documentaries because all entertainment has an element of whimsy and make-believe to it.

Except reality TV. That stuff is garbage.

so who's prejudging who?

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
My wife says that "hockey is all rigged, like wrestling. Thats why Ottawa wont make the playoff and the Leafs will get McDavid"

My grandfather was convinced that wrestling was real and hockey was fixed... he went to his grave defending that argument.... as for the Leafs getting McDavid, your wife's right... the fix is in... somewhere in my brain I actually do believe that

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
One of my former co-workers wrestles religiously on an amateur(?) circuit around Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and sometimes the US... He was a funny lil 5'5 or so , dude who wrestled in spandex with a superman's S on his chest... He came to work with at least 5 or more concussions, but he got to meet some of the old big names like Jake the Snake etc... and still thinks he's getting to the WWE at some point

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Yea, with the talent on this roster, having a bottom 3 power-play is unacceptable. Why haven't we given Pageau a fair chance on the powerplay? He has not only shown in the past in junior and in the ahl that he can be effective on the powerplay, but he has been one of our stronger scorers of late. Also with the way Lazar has been shooting the puck lately, why not give him a shot? It sure as hell can't get any worse than it is now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Erik Karlsson was angry: "the last three games we didn't show up. It looks like we don't deserve ****." #sens
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) March 29, 2015

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
yup. Cameron told him to because we suck at PP's.

So tired of hearing this. When Legwand leads your team in PP goals, you know there is something wrong.

ahaha..I guess so!

It's not really hard to run a pp. Move the puck quickly keep moving your skates and always make sure you outnumber the opposition battling for the puck. People put the blame on PP coaches but at some point the players just need to figure it out. It isn't rocket science.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
The tank is empty. The team has been playing must win hockey for a month. They are completely drained mentally and the execution is not there anymore. We got dominated by the Panthers on home ice.

It wasn't pretty against the Leafs, we got schooled against the Rangers, we barely won against the Leafs the previous saturday and we won the Boston game because Rask was very weak on that day.

He's not in game shape at the moment but I would still rather have Anderson in net right now and going into next season. Hammond played well enough to get a serious consideration for back up next year. He's 27 yo which means he can play that role whereas Lehner needs to play.

Guys, I think we need to be hones with ourselves here - that was a pretty darn good Wrestlemania.

Very surprised. Leading up to WM, I thought it would be one of the worse

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Erik Karlsson was angry: "the last three games we didn't show up. It looks like we don't deserve ****." #sens
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) March 29, 2015

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Loved seeing that passion and anger.

Its true though only guys who showed up were his pairing and the pageau condra Lazar line.

The goalies no matter who was in nets got no help.

The second penalty gryba took should have had him hit the showers early. That was one of the most selfish stupid penalties i have ever seen.

The line swtichups didnt make sense to me either. Oh well, this team only seems to play well when they are coming from behind, whether its in the standings or in games so maybe they will pull it off at the end of the season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It's essentially a live stunt show with a story built around it. People know its fake, the illusion is not what makes it entertaining.

with lots of stereotypes, violence, low brow humour, and histrionics.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
with lots of stereotypes, violence, low brow humour, and histrionics.

Violence yes, but the degree to which is vastly different between companies. The other things are not inherent to it, much like it is with television in general.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Patrick Wiercioch and Zack Smith will return to Sens lineup. Jared Cowen and Colin Greening will be healthy scratches @ DET
Dave Cameron declines to name starting goalie for tomorrow's game at DET. From ian mendes twitter
Hammond confirms he's been dealing with a back injury. Says he feels good enough to start now ...from don brennan twitter

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Blah name that goalie already. I have an Anderson jersey and bought a cheap $5 Hamburglar mask in case he starts and I'm front row behind the net. I'm kind of hoping for Hamburglar so I'm not stuck with this stupid mask for nothing.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Blah name that goalie already. I have an Anderson jersey and bought a cheap $5 Hamburglar mask in case he starts and I'm front row behind the net. I'm kind of hoping for Hamburglar so I'm not stuck with this stupid mask for nothing.

we should all have 1 and post a pic of ourselves eating a burger wearing it... only if he plays and we win of course...

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
This loss is squarely on Methot & Andy IMO. Methot lets Jagr walk around him and scores 1st goal (weak by Andy too). Then the 3rd goal where Jagr goes wrap-around while Andy can't get back. 2 unforgivable brain-fart plays. Meanwhile Dan Ellis played solid at other end. And...WTF...why wasn't Wier playing instead of Gryba?! Gryba clearly sucked in Leafs game (hello, what's Bozak doing unmarked in the slot?!). So, yes...Cameron deserves a frozen boot as well for his roster selections IMO. And finally...WTF...Why isn't Prince or other Bingo F added for energy...instead of Smith & Greening!! (Insanity=repeating failed experiments over & over...and expecting new & wonderful results. Jeebus!)

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
This loss is squarely on Methot & Andy IMO. Methot lets Jagr walk around him and scores 1st goal (weak by Andy too). Then the 3rd goal where Jagr goes wrap-around while Andy can't get back. 2 unforgivable brain-fart plays. Meanwhile Dan Ellis played solid at other end. And...WTF...why wasn't Wier playing instead of Gryba?! Gryba clearly sucked in Leafs game (hello, what's Bozak doing unmarked in the slot?!). So, yes...Cameron deserves a frozen boot as well for his roster selections IMO. And finally...WTF...Why isn't Prince or other Bingo F added for energy...instead of Smith & Greening!! (Insanity=repeating failed experiments over & over...and expecting new & wonderful results. Jeebus!)

I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't called up prince. We need someone with a top-6 skillset, not zack smith. Also, agreed on gryba. He has been mediocre for a while now. Dare I say I miss.. phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad