Panthers @ Senators - Wrestlemania is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What worked for Cameron so well was keeping the lines together.

Why the **** would you break them up after ONE GAME of struggling? ONE ****ING GAME.

There has to be something going on cause it's 100% the opposite of what Cameron has been preaching for past 2 months.

I mean GREENING ON THE TOP LINE DFKM LMFAO.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The problem in your analysis is that you consider pro wrestling to be "competition".

So much this.

I love people who feel the need to look down on people who enjoy wrestling. They make broad comments insinuating their fans are toothless hillbillies but ignore the fact that people of all types enjoy it.

I know two people who actually went to Wrestlemania this year. One is an MIT grad and the other is an Oxford grad. A RHODES SCHOLAR.

But please, go on thinking you're better than these people.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
aliens would find sports weird too I think, movies i think they'd understand

"So let me get this straight...your environment is damaged, many of your species are warring and/or dealing with poverty but you spend your time and money watching young adults chasing a small rubber object on a slippery surface? No wonder our invasion was so successful"

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So much this.

I love people who feel the need to look down on people who enjoy wrestling. They make broad comments insinuating their fans are toothless hillbillies but ignore the fact that people of all types enjoy it.

I know two people who actually went to Wrestlemania this year. One is an MIT grad and the other is an Oxford grad. A RHODES SCHOLAR.

They aren't necessarily better than anyone else either

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So much this.

Oye vey. Aren't you the defensive one!

We all know there are all sorts of people who cheer for "pro" wrestling, but there is a typical WWE fan and the "hillbilly" thing is based largely on facts. I watched enough of it myself as a kid and teenager to be able to back it up.

I know it's just entertainment by the way, but you compared my hockey fandom to it, and I said that cheering for a truly competitive sport is clearly different than actively cheering for a stunt-tastic soap opera.

I don't think I'm going all that far out on a limb on that one!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

We all know there are all sorts of people who cheer for "pro" wrestling, but there is a typical WWE fan and the "hillbilly" thing is based largely on facts. I watched enough of it myself as a kid and teenager to be able to back it up.

I know it's just entertainment by the way, but you compared my hockey fandom to it, and I said that cheering for a truly competitive sport is clearly different than actively cheering for a stunt-tastic soap opera.

Really? I'm sensitive because you excited to make an ignorant comment about wrestling fans?

Because I'm not the one who seems to believe that there's a "type" that predominantly at these events.

Are there toothless hillbillies that believe it's real? Sure. But there are also plenty of families, groups of friends and others who treat it as though it's entertainment and an escape. It's no different than the many of us that watch sports for entertainment. Because at the end of the day, sports, wrestling, it doesn't affect us at all. So thinking that one is better than the other because one is scripted and one is sport is small-minded. It's as inane as saying people who enjoy The Walking Dead are a "special type" compared to football fans.

Trying to insinuate that wrestling fans at events are a "type" says far more about you than it does about them.

Please provide these "facts" that these fans make up wrestling's fan base.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Really? Because I'm not the one who seems to believe that there's a "type" that predominantly at these events.

Are there toothless hillbillies that believe it's real? Sure. But there are also plenty of families, groups of friends and others who treat it as though it's entertainment and an escape. It's no different than the many of us that watch sports for entertainment. Because at the end of the day, sports, wrestling, it doesn't affect us at all. So thinking that one is better than the other because one is scripted and one is sport is small-minded. It's as inane as saying people who enjoy The Walking Dead are a "special type" compared to football fans.

Trying to insinuate that wrestling fans at events are a "type" says far more about you than it does about them.

As an aside, what's you're favorite type of chocolate? White, dark, milk or something else?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wrestling is the same as Maury/Springer, Nascar, American Pie teenage boy type movies....all low-brow. We all know it's the lowest common denominator of entertainment, but people watch that stuff as a guilty pleasure anyways.

As long as people don't take that stuff seriously, it's all good.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Gets me every time.

There was another one where I believe it was Kevin Nash who got punched out of the ring but couldn't fall between the ropes. Can't find it anywhere.

Oh man, this is awesome! I always liked RAW for the "live" factor. I attended a Smackdown event in Ottawa about a decade ago, and they actually stopped the match and re-filmed something because one of the wrestlers screwed something up.

I think a few guys on here got their dander up because you're coming off a little condescending with the whole hillbilly thing. Sure there are plenty of them, but not everyone should be classed into that. It's all good though. Opinions are opinions.

And I thoroughly enjoy the term "stunt-tastic soap opera".

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Wrestling is the same as Maury/Springer, Nascar, American Pie teenage boy type movies....all low-brow. We all know it's the lowest common denominator of entertainment, but people watch that stuff as a guilty pleasure anyways.

I don't know... Big Brother 78 and "16 and Pregnant"/child beauty pageant reality TV are pretty low :sarcasm:

And don't group NASCAR in with Maury ffs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't know... Big Brother 78 and "16 and Pregnant"/child beauty pageant reality TV are pretty low.

And don't group NASCAR in with Maury ffs.

Touche...."reality" tv is definitely a few notches lower. Actually, I can't even place "reality" tv into the entertainment category. It's television's alternative to putting up a blank screen after the channels go off the air at night.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

That's the way I see it as well, and my comments were more directed at the "hard core" wrestling fans, not the casual ones who do take it with a grain of salt.

I just can't take anyone who does religiously follow the WWE seriously. I'm sorry if that comes off as condescending.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That's the way I see it as well, and my comments were more directed at the "hard core" wrestling fans, not the casual ones who do take it with a grain of salt.

I just can't take anyone who does religiously follow the WWE seriously. I'm sorry if that comes off as condescending.

And I'm sure there are people who can't take a person seriously who posts religiously on a message board about a hockey team.

I hope you don't find that condescending. Because therein lies the irony in how your framing your comment.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

See, I think The Big Bang Theory and shows of its ilk are much much worse than wrestling when it comes to 'low-brow." Nothing worse than one liner laugh track comedies that I can predict the punchline before the joke even comes, but that's the beauty of opinion I suppose. It's all mindless entertainment.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And I'm sure there are people who can't take a person seriously who posts religiously on a message board about a hockey team.

I hope you don't find that condescending. Because therein lies the irony in how your framing your comment.

I know some people would judge my posting on here, but I don't see my love of hockey as similar to one who loves the WWE.

Nonetheless, I would agree that there is a certain humor to me posting on HF this much.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

My gf after a Sens game:

"Oh no they lost, are you going to go rant on your little internet forum about the game?"

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad