Post-Game Talk: Panthers score two goals but lose 2-1 to NYI in a fluke filled game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
kissclipart-participation-ribbon-clipart-ribbon-participation-8b4d98f559ee3793.png

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Classless poo-poo head isles fans coming by to gloat... how mature.

I’m using the term “poo-poo” rather than its more adult version for two reasons. One, it won’t get stopped by the profanity filter. Two, isles fans with their 6-yo development levels can understand.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Welp I, didn't expect us to win this one..Still a strange call by a, trailing Ref..
Back at MSG 1 pm once again

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
We now have a top 5 goaltender and some people are still complaining. Blame the defense for their usual subpar play, blame the forwards for not scoring, blame Hoffman for being invisible.

Goaltending is not the issue here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bob played really well this game, but didn't steal the game, because we lost. Bob has not stole one game for us all season.
You’d rather Bob steals the occasional game and we rely on luck and puck bounces like the isles did here.

I’d rather suffer these occasional heartbreaking losses but have the team “Q-ed” in and playing good hockey.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
We now have a top 5 goaltender and some people are still complaining. Blame the defense for their usual subpar play, blame the forwards for not scoring, blame Hoffman for being invisible.

Goaltending is not the issue here.

He hasn't played like a top 5 goaltender so far this season. He is the second highest paid goaltender in the league. He is the highest paid player on the team! His numbers are terrible so far.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
You’d rather Bob steals the occasional game and we rely on luck and puck bounces like the isles did here.

I’d rather suffer these occasional heartbreaking losses but have the team “Q-ed” in and playing good hockey.

No.

In hockey there are some games where you are going to get outplayed. Due to the parity in the league, it does happen to every team. So there are going to be games when we're going to be off. It would be nice if Bob could maybe steal some games like those. Like pretty much any good goaltender does. Do you think the best teams in the league don't have their goaltenders steal games from time to time?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He hasn't played like a top 5 goaltender so far this season. He is the second highest paid goaltender in the league. He is the highest paid player on the team! His numbers are terrible so far.
Here we go again, people using goalie stats to decide how well the goalie is playing. No matter that the stats don’t tell virtually anything about the shots faced. But hey, statistics!! We’re not allowed to argue statistics!!

Reactions: Boothinator

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Here we go again, people using goalie stats to decide how well the goalie is playing. No matter that the stats don’t tell virtually anything about the shots faced. But hey, statistics!! We’re not allowed to argue statistics!!

His stats are abysmal. I'm sorry, but for being the second highest paid goaltender in the league I was expecting a bit better!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Actually there are stats that show a decent picture of shots faved when averaged out over enough time. Bob is bottom of league in most categories. He had a good game today. But hasn’t been near good so far this year.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
How the f*** is there even one person who can watch a greiss do what he did and still defend bob as playing good this year? It’s mind boggling. We see every game the opposition goaltender play unreal. We see bob every game with weird questionable goals against that the opposition doesn’t earn whatsoever. We seen multiple deflection saves by greiss today but when they happen against us it’s soft shitty d and never bobs fault. It’s a jone at this point. We have two pairings who soak up 45 mins a game that are near top of league in a lot of defensive categories. Yet people still blame
Our d when every single statistic and eye test says otherwise. Just refusal to accept bob hasn’t been good.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
No.

In hockey there are some games where you are going to get outplayed. Due to the parity in the league, it does happen to every team. So there are going to be games when we're going to be off. It would be nice if Bob could maybe steal some games like those. Like pretty much any good goaltender does. Do you think the best teams in the league don't have their goaltenders steal games from time to time?

1000000% true!

Bob has been good, but not great. How is it even debatable?

Top goalies in the league are going to steal games here and there during a season. And it didn't happen yet with Bob

As Panthers' fans, we should all remember what this is all about. Don't you remember Luongo in the good old days?

Bob is playing like a decent #1 goalie and that's it.

He needs to be better, plain and simple.

Reactions: I am not exposed

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
1000000% true!

Bob has been good, but not great. How is it even debatable?

Top goalies in the league are going to steal games here and there during a season. And it didn't happen yet with Bob

As Panthers' fans, we should all remember what this is all about. Don't you remember Luongo in the good old days?

Bob is playing like a decent #1 goalie and that's it.

He needs to be better, plain and simple.

With that being said, I think we can make the playoffs with him playing like he's been so far. But I think he needs to be better if we want to take the next step and become real contenders. Of course, D has to be better too.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Reimer just gave up 3 to Ottawa in the 1st, so it could always be worse
Bob is not that bad. Everybody needs to calm down. He has done a decent job. Sure he has had some goals which he should have saved... But vs NYI he saved 2 breakaways by himself

Reimer.... Says it all

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
How the **** is there even one person who can watch a greiss do what he did and still defend bob as playing good this year? It’s mind boggling. We see every game the opposition goaltender play unreal. We see bob every game with weird questionable goals against that the opposition doesn’t earn whatsoever. We seen multiple deflection saves by greiss today but when they happen against us it’s soft ****ty d and never bobs fault. It’s a jone at this point. We have two pairings who soak up 45 mins a game that are near top of league in a lot of defensive categories. Yet people still blame
Our d when every single statistic and eye test says otherwise. Just refusal to accept bob hasn’t been good.

Oh yeah, the D looked great on those two goals against. Barzal had ten years to make a move RIGHT ON TOP OF THR CREASE. And the second one couldnt be replicated by a circus act. "Yeah, let's try to re-direct the puck as many times as we can and see if our goalie can still save it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad