Post-Game Talk: Panthers score two goals but lose 2-1 to NYI in a fluke filled game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
before i end up drinking the whole night. Ekblad bad, Yandle bad. Yandle passes in PP was horrible. you all blame Hoffman. maybe a reason but the last pass from Yandle never hit the stick and landing somewhere else. So how you should shoot the puck direct when you had to do some puck control before.

Reactions: Boothinator

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
It still doesn't look like a high stick to me. He touches it with the shaft shoulder high.

Just stupid ass reffing to go and change the calling on the ice after the whistle so that they basically can't even overturn the call anymore.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
It still doesn't look like a high stick to me. He touches it with the shaft shoulder high.

Just stupid ass reffing to go and change the calling on the ice after the whistle so that they basically can't even overturn the call anymore.
Exactly right about shoulder height. The net is 48 inches high, a 6 foot 3 inch guys shoulders are higher than that.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

That’s my view in it. The call on ice will stand in that play I don’t know how they can overturn the play before review when the ref with best view called it a good goal.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Exactly right about shoulder height. The net is 48 inches high, a 6 foot 3 inch guys shoulders are higher than that.
No shoulder high on a normal person. Like the ref closest to the net called it immediately not a high stick and good goal. But nice hometown discount for you guys getting the call reversed after the whistle.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
For real show some class.

"I have not seen one real gentleman, one well-bred man, since I came to town. At their entertainments there is no conversation that is agreeable; there is no modesty, no attention to one another. They talk very loud, very fast and altogether. If they ask you a question, before you can utter three words of your answer they will break out upon you again and talk away."

- J. Adams, 1774

Plus ca change.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bob is going to need to score a goal at this rate to be liked again by some around here lol.

I kept a MUCH closer eye on Hoffman this game. The guy is floating so damn bad. He isnt even involved half the time. The only time he is active is when the puck is on his stick only to do nothing with it.

He is honestly the worst forward right now and it isnt close.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bob is going to need to score a goal at this rate to be liked again by some around here lol.

I kept a MUCH closer eye on Hoffman this game. The guy is floating so damn bad. He isnt even involved half the time. The only time he is active is when the puck is on his stick only to do nothing with it.

He is honestly the worst forward right now and it isnt close.
Has been for ten games.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
The isles look worse cause we have had by far the better chances and more of them. Not sure what some of u are watching

the isles did look just about as bad. neither team looked like they wanted the puck unless it glided onto their sticks.

the isles had 21 giveaways. we were still high at 14 but that wasn't really the story of the game. effort and execution was poor.

the skill of our top line generated plenty of chances to cover up for a pretty lousy game overall. couldn't bury more than 1 unfortunately.

so... we blew a chance at points against a good team on the road.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Still can't believe this game... That "ruling on the ice was no goal due to high-stick" has to be the worst joke ever...

On every replay you can watch, don't look at Barkov's stick, just look at the ref with the best view in the arena clearly letting the play go and signaling a good goal after.

I'm so pissed ! At least, it isn't 4:00 AM for me after this one...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Still can't believe this game... That "ruling on the ice was no goal due to high-stick" has to be the worst joke ever...

On every replay you can watch, don't look at Barkov's stick, just look at the ref with the best view in the arena clearly letting the play go and signaling a good goal after.

I'm so pissed ! At least, it isn't 4:00 AM for me after this one...

Q said it the best, whatever the call was on the ice it was going to stand after the video review. That's why it was such bs that some other ref behind the play reversed the call after the whistle. A joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad