Speculation: Panthers rumors regarding the draft and UFA

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
:laugh: I pretty much offered that up and maybe one MON fan was open to it and most said it's not enough.

Every fan of their own team would prefer to keep the current 2nd but I think Tallon has to be open to it, Reimer's deal ain't pretty. I'd add a 4th if we can make it the 2020 2nd.

What about MacDonald instead of Stillman? MacDonald is older at 26 but is more offensive minded, puts up really good AHL numbers and a PP QB, just needs a shot on the bottom pairing in the NHL. He's signed for another year at 750k.

McCoshen and Stillman play more of a shutdown role, assumed most MON fans prefer a puck moving LD?

No need for him to be honest. We have Montembeault who is seriously being considered as back up if we sign Bobrovsky and Lu goes on LTIR aka "retires"

Dont see a lot of value in MacDonald, 26 no NHL experience.
MaCoshen is 23 and really more of a stay at home defenseman, dont think he would work in MTL system and RFA.
Stillman is still 21 under contract for 2 more years and we need depth at LD for the AHL.
Would prefer the second this year it is a deep draft in the top 75 from my point of wiew.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dont see a lot of value in MacDonald, 26 no NHL experience.
MaCoshen is 23 and really more of a stay at home defenseman, dont think he would work in MTL system and RFA.
Stillman is still 21 under contract for 2 more years and we need depth at LD for the AHL.
Would prefer the second this year it is a deep draft in the top 75 from my point of wiew.

Just figured he was more NHL ready than the others, didn't know you were targeting young AHL depth.
If you get the 2019 2nd then no Stillman, gotta be some middle ground here. You can find some real good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds nowadays.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who would want Reimer though

The buyout for Reimer isn't too bad for the Panthers. There's one big year with over 3 million of dead cap, but it comes in what might be the lockout season.

I could see someone biting on him if the Panthers retain a bit of salary. If the Panthers retain 1.4M to bring him down to 2M, he's still one of the better more experienced goalies available compared to what might not be a very deep UFA goalie crop after Bobrovsky and Lehner are off the market.

Also, if there's a deal in place to do a sign and trade with Bob+Panarin coming from CBJ to FLA, Reimer might make sense being in that deal. I'd expect FLA to have to compensate CBJ for taking the full cap hit in some form, but it's not like CBJ has a shoe in to be the starter if Bobrovsky is gone. Reimer might be an alright reclamation project for them to fill in as a guy who they might be able to trust to player 30-40 games while the figure out who their actual goalie of the future might be.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Just figured he was more NHL ready than the others, didn't know you were targeting young AHL depth.
If you get the 2019 2nd then no Stillman, gotta be some middle ground here. You can find some real good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds nowadays.
So
Reimer + 2nd round pick 2019 (PIT) + 3rd round pick 2020 (FLO) vs Pezzetta
Is a bit short for MTL, could you consider adding Malgin or one of your 3 4th rounder 2019.
Or or we could add Peca or Deslauriers for salary reasons.
Or retaine like 1M

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So
Is a bit short for MTL, could you consider adding Malgin or one of your 3 4th rounder 2019.
Or or we could add Peca or Deslauriers for salary reasons

How does that make sense? You put Peca / Deslauriers in the AHL and their salary is off the cap.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
It's beyond silly...

Alzner has an extra year over Reimer, so we're adding $3.5 M for a 5th round pick?

3 beer night?

This was more so thinking about the first post which mentioned that Florida would be looking at adding a veteran defensive defenseman.

Alzner was highly sought after in the offseason he signed with Mtl but was horribly exposed under a system that favored speed over physicality. You'd have to think some other teams would like to take a flyer on him at a cheap cost.

How about adding Winnipeg's 2020 4th rd pick?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So
Or or we could add Peca or Deslauriers for salary reasons.
Or retaine like 1M

Ya I can live with that, got yourself a deal, take the 2019 4th instead of Malgin. Sucks that we be trading our 2019 1st so we wouldn't be drafting until the 3rd round but if it clears Reimer to add Bobrovsky, Panarin and a top 4 Dman (2019 1st +), I'm all in

This was more so thinking about the first post which mentioned that Florida would be looking at adding a veteran defensive defenseman.

Alzner was highly sought after in the offseason he signed with Mtl but was horribly exposed under a system that favored speed over physicality. You'd have to think some other teams would like to take a flyer on him at a cheap cost.

Hard pass, we didn't clear cap to take on an extra year at $3.5 million for Alzner. We don't need any bottom pairing defenseman or AHL depth.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ya I can live with that, got yourself a deal. Sucks that we be trading our 2019 1st so we wouldn't be drafting until the 3rd round but if it clears Reimer to add Bobrovsky, Panarin and a top 4 Dman (2019 1st +), I'm all in

Hard pass, we didn't clear cap to take on an extra year at $3.5 million for Alzner. We don't need any bottom pairing defenseman or AHL depth.

He's a 2nd pairing dman.... (in the AHL).

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

giphy.gif

Adding a veteran defenseman WHO CAN PLAY. A top-4 guy. And Alzner can't even crack your lineup.

Like seriously this is a really dumb proposal.

Reactions: Laus723

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
If Bobrobsky falls through I can see Quick in play for them he will come at a cheaper price tag and is a proven playoff performer .

Martinez might be interesting for them as well or Forbort hopefully Blake gives Tallon a call

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
As I’ve said, Reimer can be buried in the minors next season and bought out the following year at a much lower rate. There’s no need to over complicate a trade.
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Or, I can see him in some package to Columbus as they’ll clearly be down a down a goalie, but I don’t know who else they’d have in mind with Korpisalo.

To the guy who brought up the Kings, I’d LOVE Martinez here, don’t think I’d really want Quick st this point though.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like this is the way you do things. I guess it’s good the flyers got rid of hextall. Tallon is making moves and it feels like the right time to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad