Speculation: Panthers rumors regarding the draft and UFA

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
George Richards, the Panthers beat writer for The Atlantic, had a Q&A session today. These were some of the things brought up:

- No budget.

- He heard from a few sources that a deal between Columbus and Florida will be done prior to July 1st.

- Dadonov or Hoffman could be in play for a Dman.

- If Bobrovsky falls through, plan B could be Varlamov or even Lehner.

- Thinks Lou wants to play another season, as a backup.

- No Subban or EK65

- Reimer seems to be headed out the door.

- Brouwer and/or Sheahan could be back.

- They wont move Ekblad.

- Sees the team making a move at the draft for a veteran, defensive minded Dman.

- Doesnt see them going after Myers.

- Trouba could be a possibility.

- WC/Stadium series at Marlins Park was mentioned, but it would be way down the road. Also heard of a possible outdoor game at West Point.

Im curious to see which Dman they might target at the draft. Someone who fits in the $5 million range from what I understand.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
[QUOTE="pb1300, post: 159235061, member: 1253]
- Sees the team making a move at the draft for a veteran, defensive minded Dman.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe Justin Braun? Something like 2nd+prospect

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Moving Dadonov would be beyond ******ed

I think Hoffman might be the odd man out. You can call it crazy, but a lot of his points came on the PP, he is nearly one dimensional, and is a UFA after next season. With Panarin on board, Hoffman could become that player Tallon uses to add that blueline help. Id love to keep Hoffman around, but I just dont see it happening, especially if Lou does decide to come back.

Reactions: BHD

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya because Organizations are willing to spend 3 mil+ on a mid picks or mid level prospects. This isn't NHL 19 bud, the NHL is a business.

:laugh: gotcha bud! We'll see.

I don't see why a team would do that for a mid-round pick (if prospect, I guess it would depend on the prospect).

2020 2nd OR two 3rds + Malgin (3rd in value) + 2019 4th for Reimer would get it done

All but Colorado have their goaltending duo set for next season.

Ya he'd be bought out and doesn't need to play. Then he'd probably take a 1 yr deal on re-building team to remain in the league or possibly go overseas

Reactions: Laus723

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
:laugh: gotcha bud! We'll see.

2020 2nd OR two 3rds + Malgin (3rd in value) + 2019 4th for Reimer would get it done

Ya he'd be bought out and doesn't need to play. Then he'd probably take a 1 yr deal on re-building team to remain in the league or possibly go overseas
His buyout isn’t that great. FLA gave him a $2 million SB on July 2020 in his deal. So it will be a pricey cash.

Big cap savings in 19-20 of 2.4 mill, but only 200k the next year due to his signing bonus payment.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
22CDAB9C-F45C-47E3-9565-42B5F9FB96EF.jpeg
Oh I don't disagree, just thought the part about Bob falling through was interesting.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Teams like ARI, OTT, COL, NJ, NYR and VAN could easily take him and buy him out for some mid picks/mid level prospect.

It cost the Jets a very good player in Armia to get out of 1 year of Mason. I imagine the price to move the two years remaining on Reimer could would be way more than just a mid pick.

Reactions: Meeqs

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
His buyout isn’t that great. FLA gave him a $2 million SB on July 2020 in his deal. So it will be a pricey cash.

Big cap savings in 19-20 of 2.4 mill, but only 200k the next year due to his signing bonus payment.

It would be more than that. For reference, Montreal was paid Armia and a 4th to buy out one year of Mason last offseason. That's 2 seasons of 1.36 mil.

A Reimer buyout looks like this:

James Reimer Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

that 3.2 mil in 20-21 is a sticky situation.

It cost the Jets a very good player in Armia to get out of 1 year of Mason. I imagine the price to move the two years remaining on Reimer could would be way more than just a mid pick.

I'm offering up a 2nd or multiple 3rds and a 21yr old prospect. Not just one pick and look at how many NHL regulars are starting to come out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad