OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Too bad you are in Canada (arent you?), Ive bought several consoles for people that need em.

Not even lying, I've bought 10 of each since release (ps5 and series x).
I'm surprised, it's not even a Canada thing, I went to a couple walmarts in Florida and they didn't have any either, I got the same answer here and there (we very rarely get them in store, you either have to get lucky or wait for them online and enter your CC info right away).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Mainly online. Best buy gamestop are my biggest hits. Amazon and Costco I scored 1 of each also.

If you need, hit me up. Probably discord. I can alert you or I'll buy it just venmo me and pay for ship. I don't scalp people I know.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Hi all, this is such a weird query and I don't even know where on the internet to put it, so I'm hoping somebody here might have some ideas.

Many years ago (we're talking 20+), a photo of Lou Lamoriello was taken in which they accidentally forgot to draw the curtain over his huge depth chart of the entire league. It cause a bit of a stir at the time and I am trying to find a copy of the photo.

I believe it was in The Hockey News but couldn't be certain. General searches have perhaps unsurprisingly been unsuccessful. Does anybody else remember this? I might end up going to THN directly to see if it rings any bells with them.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Anyone try BF2042?

The best part about it is playing the classic games

Next gen BF1942 is legit

Pardon the misses lol. It's been decades since I played 1942

I have played a few hours of it through the EA play trial and can say portal is awesome. There is still a lot of bugs and balancing that need fixed in 2042 and portal but it’s got great potential.

First time playing 1942 and it is a ton of fun. Getting to play 3 and bad company 2 again is so nostalgic. It also makes me realize how much better and more creative developers were in the past. Hopefully they will add more maps and guns from the original games to portal. Also wish there was levels to rank up and guns to unlock.

I think I am going to pick up the full game to at least be able to play portal.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Anyone know where I could find of of these? New Era 59fifty size 8 (yes, I got a huge melon)

8162338_fpx.tif

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Few months into my ice hockey career since basically starting from scratch. Joined a Rookie league and got a couple goals playing RW. The kid that helps our team out has me playing defense the last few games. Fun but the forward to backwards transitions are a bit tricky especially against speedy forwards.

Anyway is there any tips to remind myself to stay low/knees bent while skating? I feel too upright and my lower back sometimes hurts after I figure it’s probably from bending at the waist.

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Few months into my ice hockey career since basically starting from scratch. Joined a Rookie league and got a couple goals playing RW. The kid that helps our team out has me playing defense the last few games. Fun but the forward to backwards transitions are a bit tricky especially against speedy forwards.

Anyway is there any tips to remind myself to stay low/knees bent while skating? I feel too upright and my lower back sometimes hurts after I figure it’s probably from bending at the waist.

-ghoste
I was a defenseman. Do as I say, not as I do.
I think the trick to skating backwards is all in your butt. Practice by sticking It Out and wiggling it. you always push out on your outside leg, doing crossovers. You don't go usually in a straight line backwards. Picture it as a snake line going backwards. You're always moving in every direction.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Ghoste

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hey all, hope everything is well.

I usually visit Flordia once a year to see my grandparents and catch a Panthers game however I havent got a Panthers jersey yet... I want that to change.

My question to you all is simply who should I get? Hopeful requirements are a player who will be on the team for a while & if possible maybe a unique and underrated one.

Cheers all. Looking forward to heading down for the Sens game later this year.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hey all, hope everything is well.

I usually visit Flordia once a year to see my grandparents and catch a Panthers game however I havent got a Panthers jersey yet... I want that to change.

My question to you all is simply who should I get? Hopeful requirements are a player who will be on the team for a while & if possible maybe a unique and underrated one.

Cheers all. Looking forward to heading down for the Sens game later this year.

Was going to say Barkov but you said unique.

Then the answer is Forsling.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Was going to say Barkov but you said unique.

Then the answer is Forsling.

Cheers,

If you dont mind can you give me a run-down on Forsling? He's not a player that I follow so would love to hear about him so I can focus on him in some Panthers games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Cheers,

If you dont mind can you give me a run-down on Forsling? He's not a player that I follow so would love to hear about him so I can focus on him in some Panthers games.

Was traded away by Vancouver to Carolina
Was Waived by Carolina
Florida claimed before the start of last season.

Exceeded ALL expectations and cemented himself as a top 4. Earned himself a 3 year deal. Played incredibly well as a top pair last season when Ekblad went down.

Florida's fastest most agile defenseman. If not second fastest with Montour being his competition. Has awesome stick checking. His partner is Gudas and he definitely carries that pair. He was extremely missed when he got hurt as the team couldnt probably fill that position. Good passer, shot is average to below average. 0 goals and 18 assists....all even strength.

Reactions: Taluss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad