OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Bit late, but just wanted to say it’s been a while since I’ve been to a live Panthers game so I couldn’t quite remember the vibes. However I absolutely loved it there, great atmosphere and fans, I’ll be rooting for ya in the playoffs as long as you don’t play my Rangers 😉

Also had to pick up the RR jersey. Absolutely beautiful. As a jersey collector it’s easily one of my faves. Can’t wait to be back in Flordia next year and to catch another game

Have a good one all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 7

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Also had to pick up the RR jersey. Absolutely beautiful. As a jersey collector it’s easily one of my faves. Can’t wait to be back in Flordia next year and to catch another game
Agreed, I just love that jersey! Paid through the nose in the UK for both the authentic and then the Breakaway so I could lounge about in a cheaper version :laugh:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Was just wondering what peeps here get which kind of sharpening? I’ve been using 9/16 and like it. Just gonna try out 5/8 and see if I like that better.

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Was just wondering what peeps here get which kind of sharpening? I’ve been using 9/16 and like it. Just gonna try out 5/8 and see if I like that better.
-ghoste
I used to sharpen skates at Source for Sports, a big chain here in Canada. I also worked at arenas for about a decade, so I've sharpening a lot of skis in my time.

It's all about preference, about what position you play.
The 9/16 Hallow is going to give you more bite and Tighter turns, good for a forward.
5/8 is going to give you more speed and glide, better for defenseman.

It's all about personal preference. I would try that if I were you. Personally, when I played (defenseman), I always had a 5/8 hallow.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I used to sharpen skates at Source for Sports, a big chain here in Canada. I also worked at arenas for about a decade, so I've sharpening a lot of skis in my time.

The 9/16 Hallow is going to give you more bite and Tighter turns, good for a forward.

It's all about personal preference. I would try that if I were you. Personally, when I played (defenseman), I always had a 5/8 hallow.
I’ve only been skating/playing for a few months. I play in a Rookie league and both forward/defense. It’s whatever position people want to play that game. Thanks for the tips!

-ghoste

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Gotta say it's a bummer that every former mods stop posting here.

Was going through some older threads and it seemed like once a mod hangs up the badge they step away for good
I imagine someday I'll be the same. When I'm done, I'm done.
Might as well collect my :stanley: first.

I just thought:
wouldn't it be cool if some old posters came back if there is a Cup win?

Last edited:
Reactions: ShootIt

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Gotta say it's a bummer that every former mods stop posting here.

Was going through some older threads and it seemed like once a mod hangs up the badge they step away for good
Saddest part is they still visit the boards but won't post. The fanbase can be quite toxic, and had been decidedly worse for the last 5-7 years. My modding has changed the fortunes for the team, lol. I won't leave you guys.

However I am sure playoff success will bring back posters who are here anyways.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

@Knighty Knight check PMs

Reactions: Prominence Problem

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
When will we see what Barkov and Tkatchuk can do on the same line? Is this a weapon the coach tries to keep hidden or what's up? Barkov is beyond elite on dzone and on the middle of the ice, Tkatchuk has that hound mentality, he isn't giving up on any puck. Just put these 2 together and you will have the most annoying line to play against in the world. Mostly because you will not have the puck at all.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Would anyone know why in the comment box where you type, all the formats are faded and I can't use them? Like bold and italics, or even adding up image or gif, I can't click on that to use.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm really not liking how the top bar in the comment box is faded. I can't use fonteffects, formats, paragraphs, pictures, undo, everything! This has only happened on my tablet, not my cell phone.
Anyone with any ideas on what has happened, and how to fix it? Your ideas and suggestions would be very appreciated.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Anyone playing Modern Warfare II? Not bad for a COD game. Single player was good, multiplayer pretty fun so far.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm really not liking how the top bar in the comment box is faded. I can't use fonteffects, formats, paragraphs, pictures, undo, everything! This has only happened on my tablet, not my cell phone.
Anyone with any ideas on what has happened, and how to fix it? Your ideas and suggestions would be very appreciated.
I messed around and fixed my problem.
I could expand the undo feature and hit some parentheses button.

Back in the game!

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Yeah, my reaction time has never been up to snuff, I feel like as I've gotten older that probably has not improved, lol.
I hear you on that. I’m definitely not as quick these days. That’s why I like Insurgency Sandstorm a lot, it relays a lot more on position and thinking. But it still is an FPS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad