Post-Game Talk: Panthers drive past Motor City with easy 4-0 win. 1st shutout for Bob

Which trademark Florida Panthers® event will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Man is Hoffman useless out there. If it's not the PP or he has wide open ice he is just useless. I don't remember seeing him going into the corner and fight for the puck or even drive a play with the puck. At least if your floating get open
I'd rather see Malgin get a chance on 2nd line RW once Tro is back

Connolly is surprising me soo much. He skates / keeps his legs moving all the time eventho guy is near 50. When the game started last night he didnt have any kinda beard by the 3rd period he had a full grown beard. It's magical

I always assumed he was kind of old, like 30+ something so I just checked and he's actually only 27. Is that possible ?

Brett Connolly at eliteprospects.com

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
How do you like me now?!:naughty:

See, when I joined ya'll warned me that this team would

1. let me down
2. hold me down
3. take me on a roller coaster ride from hell

From where I sit today, 2 weeks after my fave player got signed (and all the haterz came out:huh:)

1. Cats continue to climb in the standings, firmly holding onto 3rd place
2. Boyle has points, hits, faceoffs
If this is a roller coaster and I hate coasters - wood, steel, mix - but this one? ALL IN BAYBEE! :dm:

Great win against a team that should have been a great win and could have been a massive let down after CO

When I started reading your Post I thought you were listing all the thing Rick Astley promised never to do:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
In the meanwhile, Reimer stunk it up for Carolina at home (against the Devils) like he used to do for us. Aided by uncharacteristically poor defense, but goals also going in by ice-flopping, poor positioning, and inability to cover the puck.

Reims is back!

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We remain undefeated when I miss a game. We're at like 4-0 now. You're welcome.
And I'm 4-0 when I watch in realtime :) (Also battling a serious sleep deficit today.)

Was at an Extraliga game today... really strong past Panthers vibes? We were leading 4-1 with about ten minutes left in the third... lost 5-4 in regulation, 5th goal scored with 14.7 seconds left on the clock. Goalie was fantastic in the first where he kept us in it despite team playing like crap (awful defence and 3 SOG in the entire period). Then they picked it up in the second and for 30 minutes it actually looked like a very even game... until the goalie gave a very weak second goal and two more over the course of three minutes... Defense finally woke up and started playing again once it was 4-4, until the 5th goal (which was pretty weak too) sealed out fate...
They were playing with the league leading team for the top spot so I'm not really concerned (even if the D leaves a lot to be desired)... but yeah, that was some collapse.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
2 things, we played well, and Detroit looked listless. We might have contributed to Detroit looking listless, but they are really playing bad as well. I was just sitting there watching and thinking how many years they were so dominate. But things come to an end eventually.

I don't think your wrong, necessarily. There were a couple of sequences where a better team would have put up a goal or two, but otherwise, I think The Cats played a pretty solid game.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't think your wrong, necessarily. There were a couple of sequences where a better team would have put up a goal or two, but otherwise, I think The Cats played a pretty solid game.
On the other hand, I’m not yet sold on the Panthers’ resilience.... had Detroit scored right at the end of the first period (with Reimer in goal they probably would have), it might have been a different game.

Still, happy for once being at the arena with 10 minutes to go and not having that bad feeling...

Reactions: Mase

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Watching Caps /Flames.

They are extremely good at transitioning the Puck from D to Offense. Gotta keep a good gap control.

Likely will need Bob to stand on his head. They have scored 4 goals in 7 of their last 8

Also: Brian Campbell will be on SN during Intermission

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Watching Caps /Flames.

They are extremely good at transitioning the Puck from D to Offense. Gotta keep a good gap control.

Likely will need Bob to stand on his head. They have scored 4 goals in 7 of their last 8

Also: Brian Campbell will be on SN during Intermission

Brian Campbell isn't that well liked around these parts.

Not to mention I met him once and he told me I didn't have to put on a show that I was a Florida Panthers fan. That team was no good.

Zero respect for him now.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Brian Campbell isn't that well liked around these parts.

Not to mention I met him once and he told me I didn't have to put on a show that I was a Florida Panthers fan. That team was no good.

Zero respect for him now.

I blasted him on twitter after he left for not giving any type of appreciation for the fans or the organization. Don’t know if he saw it or not, but afterwards he did tweet some BS, thanking the fans for the time with the Cats. Screw him.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You’re going to have to be more specific about this. I didn’t understand but I’d love to know.

I have met him a few times, and basically the long and short of it is he was quite rude.

Long story short, that time there was two NHLers from our town, Brian Campbell and Andy Mcdonald. Andy was a feel-good story. Concussions hampered his career, but he consistently put up points and won a Stanley Cup with Anaheim. He was so nice to everyone, always seem to do things for others, and would talk with everyone. Just a really nice overall guy.

Brian was kind of the opposite. Rude to people he met , especially Arena guys. It's almost like he thought he was better than others, looked down on Folk. The one time I met him I had breakfast with my boss who played in the OHL and minor hockey growing up with Brian. It was like my other friend at the table and I didn't exist. He never talked to us once. Later that day, my boss, my friend, and myself went golfing with Andy McDonald. Just an awesome day. Also the stories around the local rink where how rude Brian was, and even come to do summer skating on his own time. If he had ice from 1 to 2, he would come at 1:30 and expect to stay to 2:30. It got to the point that the arena folk were locking the doors if he wasn't in by a certain time because they wanted to go for lunch. I thought that was quite comical.

I also met Brian another time. I was introduced and said I'm a big Florida Panther fan. Basically he told me not to pretend, that they were bad. I couldn't remember the exact year, but I think it was '13 or '14. He wasn't wrong, the team was horrible. But don't tell that to someone's face when they're clearly a big fan of your team.

I don't know, maybe I'm hard on the guy because I compare him quite often to Andy McDonald who is a Class act.

Last edited:

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
I have met him a few times, and basically the long and short of it is he was quite rude.

Long story short, that time there was two NHLers from our town, Brian Campbell and Amy Macdonald. Andy was a feel-good story. Concussions hampered his career, but he consistently put up points and won a Stanley Cup with Anaheim. He was so nice to everyone, always seem to do things for others, and would talk with everyone. Just a really nice overall guy.

Brian was kind of the opposite. Rude to people he met , especially Arena guys. It's almost like he thought he was better than others, looked down on Folk. The one time I met him I had breakfast with my boss who played in the OHL and minor hockey growing up with Brian. It was like my other friend at the table and I didn't exist. He never talked to us once. Later that day, my boss, my friend, and myself went golfing with Andy McDonald. Just an awesome day. Also the stories around the local rink where how rude Brian was, and even come to do summer skating on his own time. If he had ice from 1 to 2, he would come at 1:30 and expect to stay to 2:30. It got to the point that the arena folk were locking the doors if he wasn't in by a certain time because they wanted to go for lunch. I thought that was quite comical.

I also met Brian another time. I was introduced and said I'm a big Florida Panther fan. Basically he told me not to pretend, that they were bad. I couldn't remember the exact year, but I think it was '13 or '14. He wasn't wrong, the team was horrible. But don't tell that to someone's face when they're clearly a big fan of your team.

I don't know, maybe I'm hard on the guy because I compare him quite often to Andy McDonald who is a Class act.
it isn't a far line to draw that someone is a jerk when they ignore two people eating at the same table. or show up late and expect others to stick around. or shame someone for being a fan of a local team.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

Long story short, that time there was two NHLers from our town, Brian Campbell and Amy Macdonald. Andy was a feel-good story. Concussions hampered his career, but he consistently put up points and won a Stanley Cup with Anaheim. He was so nice to everyone, always seem to do things for others, and would talk with everyone. Just a really nice overall guy.

I'm not surprised. I felt the majority of the nights he suited up for us his give a f*** meter was set to auto pilot. Never a fan of his.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Some people in this world just don't have any social graces. With professional athletes, that number is a lot higher than the norm. Because they have this one specific talent, they're coddled through adolescence and in a lot of ways removed from the real world, even in college.

When you are ushered through life, you come to expect that everyone else is an usher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad