Post-Game Talk: Panthers drive past Motor City with easy 4-0 win. 1st shutout for Bob

Which trademark Florida Panthers® event will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
How do you like me now?!:naughty:

See, when I joined ya'll warned me that this team would

1. let me down
2. hold me down
3. take me on a roller coaster ride from hell

From where I sit today, 2 weeks after my fave player got signed (and all the haterz came out:huh:)

1. Cats continue to climb in the standings, firmly holding onto 3rd place
2. Boyle has points, hits, faceoffs
If this is a roller coaster and I hate coasters - wood, steel, mix - but this one? ALL IN BAYBEE! :dm:

Great win against a team that should have been a great win and could have been a massive let down after CO

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I had a good time at the game tonight. I was afraid we were going to play slumpbusters again, but apparently not.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought the number of giveaways was atrocious for the Cats tonight. Honestly, if we had been playing a better team, I think we would have been in trouble. Detroit looked tired, demoralized, and like they just wanted to go home. The Cats were handing pucks away like a three button coats at the Salvation Army, but the Wings just couldn't take advantage of it. This has to be cleaned up fast, because the Capitals are coming to town on Thursday, and they're a little bit better in the offensive zone than the Red Wings.

With the downer stuff out of the way, I'll just go ahead and say it: this is a playoff team. There is too much talent, and they are too well coached, for this team to fall short of the playoffs again. It's just not going to happen. I don't know how deep they can go (and history says it's probably not very deep), but put me down on record: this is a playoff team.

4th line impressed me again tonight. Colton Sceviour was all over the ice, honestly one of the best players out there, but I gotta wonder how much the guy has left in the tank. I saw him absolutely struggling to get his legs over the bench board on a couple of line changes. Looks to me like a candidate to get a rest day or two with five days between games.

Huberdeau's first goal: mistakes into miracles. I thought he had the hatter too with about 6 to play in the third period. Incredible pass by Barkov and juuuuust couldn't get it in there. We're really fortunate to have those two. Usual suspects, don't jazz me on Huberdeau. He's absolutely filthy right now.

Despite the score, I thought Bernier played well for the Wings in goal tonight. He really got no help and at one point it looked like he took a puck to the groin. Not sure if you guys saw it on the broadcast, but there was a brief stoppage of play after that where it looked like he threw up in the crease and had to clear out the blue paint with his stick. Folks, the Panthers lead the league in nut shots right now.

Mike Hoffman looked like he was playing for his job in the first period. I even saw him throwing the body around in the boards. Second and third periods, not so much.

They got a good one for the local hero tonight: army vet who signed up underage and served as a Sherman Crocodile commander in the Pacific. God bless that old timer; they don't make 'em like that anymore.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I had a good time at the game tonight. I was afraid we were going to play slumpbusters again, but apparently not.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought the number of giveaways was atrocious for the Cats tonight. Honestly, if we had been playing a better team, I think we would have been in trouble. Detroit looked tired, demoralized, and like they just wanted to go home. The Cats were handing pucks away like a three button coats at the Salvation Army, but the Wings just couldn't take advantage of it. This has to be cleaned up fast, because the Capitals are coming to town on Thursday, and they're a little bit better in the offensive zone than the Red Wings.

With the downer stuff out of the way, I'll just go ahead and say it: this is a playoff team. There is too much talent, and they are too well coached, for this team to fall short of the playoffs again. It's just not going to happen. I don't know how deep they can go (and history says it's probably not very deep), but put me down on record: this is a playoff team.

4th line impressed me again tonight. Colton Sceviour was all over the ice, honestly one of the best players out there, but I gotta wonder how much the guy has left in the tank. I saw him absolutely struggling to get his legs over the bench board on a couple of line changes. Looks to me like a candidate to get a rest day or two with five days between games.

Huberdeau's first goal: mistakes into miracles. I thought he had the hatter too with about 6 to play in the third period. Incredible pass by Barkov and juuuuust couldn't get it in there. We're really fortunate to have those two. Usual suspects, don't jazz me on Huberdeau. He's absolutely filthy right now.

Despite the score, I thought Bernier played well for the Wings in goal tonight. He really got no help and at one point it looked like he took a puck to the groin. Not sure if you guys saw it on the broadcast, but there was a brief stoppage of play after that where it looked like he threw up in the crease and had to clear out the blue paint with his stick. Folks, the Panthers lead the league in nut shots right now.

Mike Hoffman looked like he was playing for his job in the first period. I even saw him throwing the body around in the boards. Second and third periods, not so much.

They got a good one for the local hero tonight: army vet who signed up underage and served as a Sherman Crocodile commander in the Pacific. God bless that old timer; they don't make 'em like that anymore.
I was there too and totally agree with this. A number of times we have the puck away in our zone, Barkov and Dads flying out of the zone, defense couldn’t get the puck to them, instead giving it away. But also several times after the giveaways, Detroit was slow to shoot and we got sticks in the way and all they ended up being were big scares and Bob took care of the rest.

Also there was a letdown with seconds to go in the first where they let two Detroit forwards whack at the puck, but Bob covered up. They score and it might be a different game.

I agree with the kudos to Hoff. He played an inspired game even though he didn’t score. Also, once again, Ekblad made several key defensive plays to either break up a 2-on-1 or throw a good body check. He’s slowly becoming a force, a little like Pietrangelo. His skating looks more agile too, he was able to pivot quickly a number of times.

Bob was so solid tonight. Happy for the win and just as happy with the 100% save percentage.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Huby is tied for 7th in the league in points and goals.

Barky is tied for 3rd in assists.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Didn't want to make it's own thread, but THG reviewed our October. It's a good watch

Oh, I don't know if it was pointed out, but by far the most interesting thing that was said in this video: Barkov's wrist. He casually mentions that Barkov's injury is his wrist. Would explain a lot here.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just stopping in to say great game!

I was a little worried before the game, but after hearing Q's pregame talk, I believed he understood like me that Detroit is sneaky good. Speed kills. Also I find Jimmy Howard has our number some games.

PS, did you guys see Vino Rosso won the Breeders Cup today? That's Vinny Viola's part owner horse. I wonder if Q & DT got in on that action? 6 million-dollar winning.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can we play the wings more often? I thought we looked pretty sloppy tonight. Need to play a lot better Thursday. Onwards and upwards.
Really, the next 4.
Caps-maybe the 2nd best team in the east
@Isles-won 9 straight
@NYR- always hard to win vs a rested team when you're on the road on a 2nd of a b2b, and Florida never wins against the Rangers
@Bos-best team in hockey

after that through the last week of December the schedule is a lot easier, I'd take 2-2 out of those next 4 games.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Man is Hoffman useless out there. If it's not the PP or he has wide open ice he is just useless. I don't remember seeing him going into the corner and fight for the puck or even drive a play with the puck. At least if your floating get open
I'd rather see Malgin get a chance on 2nd line RW once Tro is back

Connolly is surprising me soo much. He skates / keeps his legs moving all the time eventho guy is near 50. When the game started last night he didnt have any kinda beard by the 3rd period he had a full grown beard. It's magical

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Man is Hoffman useless out there. If it's not the PP or he has wide open ice he is just useless. I don't remember seeing him going into the corner and fight for the puck or even drive a play with the puck. At least if your floating get open
I'd rather see Malgin get a chance on 2nd line RW once Tro is back

Connolly is surprising me soo much. He skates / keeps his legs moving all the time eventho guy is near 50. When the game started last night he didnt have any kinda beard by the 3rd period he had a full grown beard. It's magical

Came here to say that... Connolly is THE definition of SWAG !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad