Post-Game Talk: Panthers drive past Motor City with easy 4-0 win. 1st shutout for Bob

Which trademark Florida Panthers® event will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Some people in this world just don't have any social graces. With professional athletes, that number is a lot higher than the norm. Because they have this one specific talent, they're coddled through adolescence and in a lot of ways removed from the real world, even in college.

When you are ushered through life, you come to expect that everyone else is an usher.
Well, part of it is that hockey people are in general way nicer than other major sports. I’m speaking “on the average”, thus generalizing, but by that I’m not referring to any individuals specifically.

Therefore, a Brian Campbell type comes along in the hockey world and he stands out like someone from a different sport.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
Well, part of it is that hockey people are in general way nicer than other major sports. I’m speaking “on the average”, thus generalizing, but by that I’m not referring to any individuals specifically.

Therefore, a Brian Campbell type comes along in the hockey world and he stands out like someone from a different sport.

Yeah I mean, to be clear, it's not all of them. For instance, I once knew a guy who was an NFL kicker for a season or two. He was in fact, actually the backup kicker for a team that won four games in two seasons. Yeah, back then some NFL teams kept backup K/P on the roster. Anyway, this guy was failing in business because he didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, yet managed to be an incredibly stuck up dipshit who treated everyone else like ball boys. On the other hand, I was friends in high school with three time NBA champion James Jones. He's a great guy. He busted his ass in AP sections and is genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life.

It's just something that happens. Some people have formative life experiences that allow them to feel empathy and kinship with their fellow man, and some people don't. I'm just never surprised when 'heroes' turn out to be jagoffs.

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
Do we know if Matheson or Trocheck are going to be back for Thursday? I know Q said Matheson would be out about 10-14 days, and that was... about 10-14 days ago?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm not surprised. I felt the majority of the nights he suited up for us his give a **** meter was set to auto pilot. Never a fan of his.
I always felt that way about him, too. His main goal as a Panther seemed to be avoiding any and all contact. For all of his talent and skill, he mostly seemed to be just cashing a check here. His wife didn't want to be here, either.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Some love from NBCSports

• Panthers coming on strong:

Panthers center Aleksander Barkov picked up three assists in his first five games of the season. What has he done since then? It took him some time to score his first goal of the season (he did that on Oct. 30), but he’s now scored in back-to-back games and he’s picked up an incredible 14 points in his last nine games.
Teammate Jonathan Huberdeau, who might be the most underrated star in the NHL (he had the quietest 92-point season ever in 2018-19), is also off to a blazing start. He’s scored an impressive nine goals and nine assists in 14 games already this year. Understandably, everyone is talking about the duos of Marchand and Pastrnak in Boston and Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl in Edmonton, but the Panthers’ top duo is currently 10th and 11th in NHL scoring right now.
The Panthers have suffered just one regulation loss in their last 11 games and they’re not occupying one of the top three spots in the Atlantic Division. Impressive.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Some love from NBCSports

• Panthers coming on strong:

Panthers center Aleksander Barkov picked up three assists in his first five games of the season. What has he done since then? It took him some time to score his first goal of the season (he did that on Oct. 30), but he’s now scored in back-to-back games and he’s picked up an incredible 14 points in his last nine games.
Teammate Jonathan Huberdeau, who might be the most underrated star in the NHL (he had the quietest 92-point season ever in 2018-19), is also off to a blazing start. He’s scored an impressive nine goals and nine assists in 14 games already this year. Understandably, everyone is talking about the duos of Marchand and Pastrnak in Boston and Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl in Edmonton, but the Panthers’ top duo is currently 10th and 11th in NHL scoring right now.
The Panthers have suffered just one regulation loss in their last 11 games and they’re not occupying one of the top three spots in the Atlantic Division. Impressive.
Man, people ask who is the most underrated player in the NHL. I've never seen this line said about one player so much. I know for a fact a lot of hockey fans didn't know Huberdeau scored over 90 points a long time after the season ended.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Man, people ask who is the most underrated player in the NHL. I've never seen this line said about one player so much. I know for a fact a lot of hockey fans didn't know Huberdeau scored over 90 points a long time after the season ended.
It reminds me of a post on the main board last season saying; "Who the f*** is Dadonov and why do people think he can score 65 points?" :laugh:

Otherwise, how Trocheck managed to finish the game is impressive as hell.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So as of right now, my lines for Thursday are:

'Happy BirthDay' line :dunno: :allears:
Hoff - Big Bad - Conn
Frankie - Malgi - Pysyk
Scve - ?callup? - Hunt

Ek - Weegs
MM - Strals
Yands - Brown

Stillman sent down for C call-up (Borgy? Or call up Grecs and moves Scve to C.)
Acci scratched, injury
Tro scratched, injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->