Post-Game Talk: Panthers def. Canucks - 2-1 (SO) (Chiasson)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
upload_2022-1-21_22-3-11.png

Spencer Martin for Vezina

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
We earned that damn point. You might disagree with me but us taking them to the shootout with the depleted lineup and 3rd string goalie in net makes us look good, but more importantly, makes Edmontons loss look much worse than it did before. Was it the second half of a back to back for FLA? Yes. But our goalie hadnt seen NHL action since 2016. And our 2nd line centre is Sheldon Dries. We could have been lit up like a Christmas tree but we came with a solid effort and smart hockey.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
That was entertaining. I thought Petterson continued to look like a guy who can dominate the centre of the ice like last game. He made an incredible play to cut inside and feed Hoglander for a partial breakaway which is a play only a top line guy could make. He made little moves and frankly could've drawn more penalties but the referees played game management with under 5 minutes left. Either way it was a great game and I'm happy for the guys even though we fell just short of an amazing result.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We earned that damn point. You might disagree with me but us taking them to the shootout with the depleted lineup and 3rd string goalie in net makes us look good, but more importantly, makes Edmontons loss look much worse than it did before. Was it the second half of a back to back for FLA? Yes. But our goalie hadnt seen NHL action since 2016. And our 2nd line centre is Sheldon Dries. We could have been lit up like a Christmas tree but we came with a solid effort and smart hockey.

Bang on. I know there’s been a lot of jokes about moral victories over the years - but if this isn’t one, I don’t know what is. Even if Florida was on the road on the second half of a back to back, eking a point out here is outstanding work.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That was entertaining. I thought Petterson continued to look like a guy who can dominate the centre of the ice like last game. He made an incredible play to cut inside and feed Hoglander for a partial breakaway which is a play only a top line guy could make. He made little moves and frankly could've drawn more penalties but the referees played game management with under 5 minutes left. Either way it was a great game and I'm happy for the guys even though we fell just short of an amazing result.

Yup, this was the play you were talking about
Hoglander was nice with it too in the defensive zone

Reactions: CanuckCity

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
decent road game

love to see martin play like that. great for him.

anyone else thing ekman-larsson is really dragging right now? a day late and a dollar short often.

boudreau will not try putting the fourth line on in ot again any time soon.

having said that i liked lammiko and motte tonight on every other shift.

Reactions: sting101

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I don't even care if we lose VS the Blues. Just don't lose vs the Oilers. We must win and kill their season. :D

Reactions: Indiana

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Also happy to see Elias Pettersson slowly climb up each rung on the confidence ladder. I no longer worry about his future, and I think this stretch of adversity was a major learning curve for him. It will only make him stronger. The confidence is coming back in Pettersson, and the things he usually did each game that wowed us, is slowly coming back. If Pettersson goes into this off-season training on his weaknesses, working out, and taking things more seriously. He may become that elite first line centerman that Canucks fans always dreamt him to be. Patience will pay off, I feel it.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Every game that I watch under Boudreau the more i am convinced that Green is the worst NHL coach I have ever seen.

It's kinda miraculous at this point isn't it? I mean just look at the lineup we iced yet somehow that borderline AHL team got a point out of arguably the best team in the league right now. Green couldn't come close to doing that.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad