Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Of course, I keep saying I understand why he declined. I don't understand why it's so bothersome for you to accept that he could have stood up for himself and his club there and didn't. I think we both agree he's just not that kind of elite player- few are.

WTF are you even talking about? Stand up for himself or his team? Against THAT rat? In the Bruins building. At the start of the game. In what world would that benefit anyone other than the Bruins, even if Barkov kicks his ass? That is the worst opportunity for Barkov to pick a fight with someone.

"Hey Barkov, wanna go? Help us get this building rocking, and momentum on our side, since we cant do shit against you guys otherwise."

Man, some of the crap you guys are coming up with, defending, and whining, is quite pathetic.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Of course, I keep saying I understand why he declined. I don't understand why it's so bothersome for you to accept that he could have stood up for himself and his club there and didn't. I think we both agree he's just not that kind of elite player- few are.
There was nothing to stand up against. The game is starting. Nothing has happened to his body or ego.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There is absolutely zero reason Barkov needs to fight anyone. He plays a clean game. I’d be careful what you wish for though, Barkov is a large fit man.
Obviously doesn't need to fight as he's never done it and likely never will. That's what make all the excuses and justifications about the timing or strategy and the like so funny.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
WTF are you even talking about? Stand up for himself or his team? Against THAT rat? In the Bruins building. At the start of the game. In what world would that benefit anyone other than the Bruins, even if Barkov kicks his ass? That is the worst opportunity for Barkov to pick a fight with someone.

"Hey Barkov, wanna go? Help us get this building rocking, and momentum on our side, since we cant do shit against you guys otherwise."

Man, some of the crap you guys are coming up with, defending, and whining, is quite pathetic.
Bruins fan, can sometimes operate in their own world......it's very interesting.
Not all their fans, but some, just wow.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Obviously doesn't need to fight as he's never done it and likely never will. That's what make all the excuses and justifications about the timing or strategy and the like so funny.

The only thing funny is you trying to justify him fighting, and making him look like less of a leader of a different type of elite player, like the rat on your team. Pathetic.

Him choosing NOT to fight at that moment is exactly why he is more of a leader than Marchand is or ever can or will be.

Bruins fan, can sometimes operate in their own world......it's very interesting.
Not all their fans, but some, just wow.

Im all for debating with anyone, but damn, its like Im speaking english to my 3 year old greek goddaughter. With all due respect to her, same IQ as well.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That's funny because w everyone knows it had nothing to do with the score or the time. His answer has always been no and will always likely be no.
Only thing left to do is laugh at all of this..... it doesn’t matter if Barkov was the second coming of Probert, he’s not gonna fight off the initial puck drop in that situation.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I will say this though if there ever comes a day where Barky drops them, the bench would go ape shit in support of him being willing to do it.

Panthers fans have always wanted to see him pissed off. He only recently started even doing goal celebrations, after only 10 years lol, he is a bull in a china shop without that dimension, we would all love it.

I assume Barkov is like a gentle giant? There is nothing wrong with that. When I do watch him play he is just so good in all 3 zones, there is no need for him to get dirty and drop the gloves.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I assume Barkov is like a gentle giant? There is nothing wrong with that. When I do watch him play he is just so good in all 3 zones, there is no need for him to get dirty and drop the gloves.
We would love to see it, but he is pretty damn good the way he is too, he is also much more physical, and vocal as a leader, he is constantly progressing, but now he has the type of depth on the team, where he is not the only one that gets targeted and neutralized.

He is a joy to watch, less so for other teams I would assume. Crazy he is as underappreciated as he is league wide even now.

Last edited:

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Must have missed the comments about our terrible fanbase, and all the supposed empty seats, what an embaressment we are only leading the league in attendance all year and now in the postseason.

We lost game 1, and credited the Bruins game.

Feel free to read the first 15 pages of the thread again. Then calling us sore winners, lol when the series shifted.

Call fans out and you will get called out. Not you personally obviously, lol
I see. I was referring more to what I was seeing on the Boston board. I skip a lot of the stuff in series threads since it's hard to keep up with the quantity of posts. I agree no need to disparage the fanbase. FLA fans are generally awesome. They are right up there with Nashville fans among my favorites.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I see. I was referring more to what I was seeing on the Boston board. I skip a lot of the stuff in series threads since it's hard to keep up with the quantity of posts. I agree no need to disparage the fanbase. FLA fans are generally awesome. They are right up there with Nashville fans among my favorites.
And all teams have fans that go overboard on defending their teams, no fanbase is immune.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
And where was all the noise and hostility everyone was clammering about prior to the game? Oh, wait until we get the game back to Boston. Captain Portnoy tweeting shivering gifs about Tkatchuk.

Ive been more scared of a high school girls basketball game in Hialeah, than last nights game. Though for a second we were playing in Scotiabank Arena.

• Love
Reactions: Vilam and Beezeral

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
About that Bennett-Marchand hit.

On the replays admittedly Bennett does raise his right arm and his gloved fist may make contact with Marchand’s head. I can’t see it conclusively on the posted videos, and I can’t see if there indeed is contact to the head, how hard the hit might be. The whole situation was absolutely not a “targeted and planned sucker punch” as the bruins coach is implying.

This is a lot more accurate:
1) Marchand initiated the contact (he was aiming to hit Bennett who appeared to be only intending to dump the puck and then get a line change).
2) Bennett had to prepare for a hit at the last second, knowing Marchand may have been looking for an opportunity to test his left hand (yeah, he’s equally dirty and would hit the injured hand if he got a chance).
3) Part of preparation was to protect the left hand and thus extend the right arm.
4) If that happened to connect with a significant punch to Marchand’s head, it most certainly wasn’t a sucker punch. I would congratulate Benny for the lightning fast ninja reflex and remind anyone wishing to sucker check a player who’s trying to dump the puck to not be unprepared for a counter hit.
5) The whole sequence is actually Marchand’s own fault. That wasn’t the right time to try to lay out Benny, it turns out. Marchand clearly expected to catch him a bit vulnerable because he was going to dump the puck, but he didn’t realize that Bennett could dump the puck so quickly AND then prepare for the hit/collision. Dumb play, paid the price.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And where was all the noise and hostility everyone was clammering about prior to the game? Oh, wait until we get the game back to Boston. Captain Portnoy tweeting shivering gifs about Tkatchuk.

Ive been more scared of a high school girls basketball game in Hialeah, than last nights game. Though for a second we were playing in Scotiabank Arena.
Heavily scrutinized

Reactions: BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad