GDT: Panthers @ Blues Bully Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Florida is actually a fairly decent team this year. I don't understand the constant downplaying of them.

It seems like some posters are also forgetting that we're playing our 3rd string goalie, missing 2 of our top 4 defensemen, and without Steen/Backes as well.

Maybe they ascribe that that "no excuses" philosophy, but personally I don't understand why anyone would expect the team to play/look the same when you're missing those pieces. Certainly that goes a long way toward leveling the playing field between a theoretical Cup contender and another potential playoff team.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Oshie is a good defensive coverage player and physical. He could have easily muscled Ekblad off of the puck, gotten in the way of the shot or at the very least made it difficult of the rookie.

It's all a judgement call and hindsight makes it an easy call, I think with Florida pressing as hard as they were, it was just the wrong decision on this part - no matter the result.

I wouldn't say he could easily outmuscle Ekblad. That kid is huge. He's got 4 inches and probably 30 pounds on Oshie.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well at least Frank got his 30th point of the season, and we won, Marty 2-1 now! I saw the replay on that second one, the skate did get caught on the net, or that stack would have stopped Ekblah's shot easily. Should have been a 4-1 final. That score though if it did happen would not be indicative at all of how the Blues played in this game.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Another $20,000 for Marty!

I wish I'D have been paid that much per game. Especially with how much The Canadian Dollar was worth back in the '50s and early '60s. I'd have an easy life now, instead of having to work at 69. :laugh:

Last edited:

RR10*

Florida is actually a fairly decent team this year. I don't understand the constant downplaying of them.

It seems like some posters are also forgetting that we're playing our 3rd string goalie, missing 2 of our top 4 defensemen, and without Steen/Backes as well.

Maybe they ascribe that that "no excuses" philosophy, but personally I don't understand why anyone would expect the team to play/look the same when you're missing those pieces. Certainly that goes a long way toward leveling the playing field between a theoretical Cup contender and another potential playoff team.
Because we have these bad stretches even when fully healthy.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
The Panthers still scored more goals than the Blues. Lucky win but I'll take it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
First period was good. I hope we don't start a trend of coming out flying and then gassing out after the first period.

I seriously think the constant posts and Luo standing on his head deflated them. Panthers pushed hard, I'm seriously impressed by their team.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
As guy who's favorite player and role model is Martin Brodeur I really have to thank you STL fans for Cheering and chanting Marty like that at the end, it made some sand get in my eye. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad