GDT: Panthers @ Blues Bully Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

danglzzz

Mar 2, 2011
Oshie is a good defensive coverage player and physical. He could have easily muscled Ekblad off of the puck, gotten in the way of the shot or at the very least made it difficult of the rookie.

It's all a judgement call and hindsight makes it an easy call, I think with Florida pressing as hard as they were, it was just the wrong decision on this part - no matter the result.

Yeah I wasn't necessarily defending it, just explaining why he did it.

Whether he was right or wrong, I will say that I think Shattenkirk should have been more aware there.

Ekblad was great though. He's gonna be a stud.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
:laugh: Bernie with a not-so-subtle jab at NJ fans

We cheer for Marty just as much as the next guy. The problem is we haven't won as much at home as usual to cheer about the last few years.

However if you keep pumping Marty up like that he's gonna try to score the goals himself.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Got to say the Panthers are finally a team in the rise. I really like their game. Fun to watch.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Quite strange game, boys we are back Center div. 1st spot.

Now time to sleep couple hours :bb:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
If it wasn't for the fact that it would look smug I would go over to the Panthers board and commend them on their team. What a hard performing, fun team they have.

Thank you for your comments. Pretty gutted to lose, but these things happen.

Like the Blues and hope they do well in the playoffs this year.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I only caught the last half of the third. How did Londbohm look?

Good. He make a couple of step-up plays (again) and was really solid around the net. Didn't see much action the last 10 -- he looked a little slow reacting to the breakouts once Florida amped up the pressure.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
4th game in 6 days. Missing 2 of top 4 defenders plus Steen and Backes missed half the game. All in all, not a bad effort.

Also, I think teams come in and use the Blues as a measuring stick so we are seeing their best effort.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I only caught the last half of the third. How did Londbohm look?

He's a meanie.

Good positioning and good passes. I still havnt seen the cannon of a shot he has. I'd really like him over Jackman, it won't happen but he's more composed getting the puck out.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lindbohm praise is very well deserved in this game. He was very solid tonight. Again didn't see much ice in pressure situations, but once again he didn't look out of place. Very glad he decided to stay in North America because he's just fine as a depth Dman.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Good for Marty. Nice to see he can come back after that long and now is able to handle 34 shots. :handclap:

If he can keep it up the Blues finally have their money goaltender.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I've stayed away from the Lindbohm praise. Guys can be at full speed at camp and look great compared to guys still getting ready, and he hasn't looked great for Chicago, but does look like an NHL player for us. Solid tonight, nothing spectacular but exactly the player you want on the bottom pairing. He continues like this and there is no doubt that he is an everyday player next season.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Did anyone watch the recap on NHL's website? After one of the saves you can see Brodeur just smiling. Made me tear up a bit :)

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
**** off, last I checked both Petro and Schwartz got an assist on Statsny's goal...now it says unassisted....I have both Petro and Schwartz in my fantasy pool this week!!:shakehead

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Blues lead the league in 5 on 5 possession per game at over 20 minutes of possession per game. Petro leads the league in puck touches per game. Pretty cool stats from NHL Network. They actually did something interesting.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What are the chances Marty starts in Colorado on Saturday?

I'll probably go anyway.

Impossible to say at this point, but if I had to take a guess it would be Marty on Thursday against the Isles, and Jake against the Avs. Marty off a very good game, and facing another Eastern team(and one he's already seen this season lol) at home, then Jake getting back in the net on Saturday. Again, this is 100% guesswork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad