GDT: Panthers @ Blues Bully Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Snipers really coming to play tonight. Porter with the tip! Goals by Lapierre, Porter, and Cole. Love it.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
wow porter just bailed them out with a sick deflection but wow man the defensive play needs to improve.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Defensive zone mistakes are becoming more common than they should.

Becoming? It's been all season.

I'm probably more critical of our overall play because of how sloppy we have been defensively this season. A long way to go, and the injuries aren't helping now, but it is the forwards as much as the defensemen.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Nah, even without his stick he still has right to fight for position and could have easily defended Ekblad. Shatt was slightly out of position but I don't think he (or anyone else) saw/expected Oshie to disappear like that.

He does, but it's still difficult to defend without one. Shattenkirk never even looked behind him.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Nice stat there from Kelly, Porter's first goal in 43 games? Is that accurate?

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
Not always. A player is pretty useless without a stick. Obviously looks bad in hindsight.

Oshie is a good defensive coverage player and physical. He could have easily muscled Ekblad off of the puck, gotten in the way of the shot or at the very least made it difficult of the rookie.

It's all a judgement call and hindsight makes it an easy call, I think with Florida pressing as hard as they were, it was just the wrong decision on this part - no matter the result.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nice stat there from Kelly, Porter's first goal in 43 games? Is that accurate?

I guess without counting playoffs. He scored against chicago

Well. Thanks to Marty we squeaked out another piss poor effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad