Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins, Chuck Kobasew: 1st line winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
It's really not.

1) Fleury
2) Bylsma
3) 4th line
4) Health
5) Orpik/Letang... Engelland on defense

All bigger concerns. You can argue opinion, but Jesus, there are way more serious problems than Jokinen on Malkin's wing. The third line is a massive concern too, Conner/Ebbett/Kobasew possibly on wing no matter what is a serious problem; God only knows what happens to Crosby's line. Malkin's line won't be worth **** with those problems, those problems don't get overcome by one line.

I'm going to agree with Kirk on this one. Tbh, IF Jokinen can keep the same level of production he has now going in the playoffs, then perhaps he won't be such a big concern. But the eyeball test says that he won't be winning pucks for his linemates, won't be crashing the net or screening the goalie, and his faceoff skills have deteriorated to boot.

So Jokinen is going to be useless against a physical, defensive team like the Bruins, and drag two of the Penguins' biggest weapons down with him.

This is why I too am hoping against hope for a Kulemin trade, even if it costs a decent prospect. Can't waste your top guns' prime years like this, IMO. Also, your issues #1,2,4 and 5 can't (or more appropriately, will for 100% not) be dealt with via trade etc. And issue #3, the fourth line, pales in comparison to having your second line geared for the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Kobasew on Crosby's RW at skate, with Megna on the fourth line. Paul Martin skating with Brooks Orpik, Neal on Malkin's RW. #Penguins

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

#Pens practice lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew, Jokinen-Malkin-Neal, Pyatt-Sutter-Glass, Adams-Sill-Megna

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

#Pens D at practice: Orpik-Martin, Scuderi-Letang, Maatta-Niskanen, Bortuzzo-Engelland

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne

Kobasew on Crosby's RW at skate, with Megna on the fourth line. Paul Martin skating with Brooks Orpik, Neal on Malkin's RW. #Penguins

#Pens practice lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew, Jokinen-Malkin-Neal, Pyatt-Sutter-Glass, Adams-Sill-Megna

:shakehead

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

:biglaugh::cry:

I was hoping that Megna would play with Sutter because I was thinking being on the top line coming back from an injury may not be the best idea .... careful what you wish for, eh?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Kobasew with Sid. Really?!

Put Megna there and swap Kobasew onto the fourth line and I'd be happy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

michael-bolton-office-space.gif

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

I'm starting to think it's just a random draw out of a hat to see who plays as Sid's 2nd winger anymore, with anyone with more than a season's of NHL games having their name in the hat twice.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
:biglaugh::cry:

I was hoping that Megna would play with Sutter because I was thinking being on the top line coming back from an injury may not be the best idea .... careful what you wish for, eh?

I think you will see Megna and Kobasew rotate on the 1st line, like you said they probably don't want to play those guys big minutes there 1st game coming back from injury.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
I don't understand. What is going on here. Surely Disco is just yankin our proverbial chains.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So stupid, Megna has twice as many goals and 3 times as many points as Kobasew in 10 less games.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Wow. wow. wow I greatly dislike you Bylsma

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

yux.gif.pagespeed.ce.IRUxf5P2g9.gif

There's something legitimately wrong with Bylsma, but great timing from the thread about not understanding it.

He may be trying to recreate Dupuis.

angry-dwight.gif

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think you will see Megna and Kobasew rotate on the 1st line, like you said they probably don't want to play those guys big minutes there 1st game coming back from injury.

I'm hoping not to see Kobasew on the first line at all. I still don't understand why HCDB doesn't at least try Jokinen with Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad