Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins, Chuck Kobasew: 1st line winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pyatt had one good game in the top 6. That's something Kobasew couldn't do when given the shot. That alone shows me that Pyatt is better than Kobasew in the top 6. He's at least worth trying there again over Kobasew.

JMN have been a great line whenever they have been healthy this year, there is no reason to break up that line just so we can find a spot in the top 6 for the great Taylor Pyatt.

Assuming Megna plays with Sid some mins, its much easier to just rotate Megna and Kobasew from 1st to 4th line then making all these changes to the 1st 2nd 4th line just to have Pyatt in the top 6 over Kobasew.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
JMN have been a great line whenever they have been healthy this year, there is no reason to break up that line just so we can find a spot in the top 6 for the great Taylor Pyatt.

Assuming Megna plays with Sid some mins, its much easier to just rotate Megna and Kobasew from 1st to 4th line then making all these changes to the 1st 2nd 4th line just to have Pyatt in the top 6 over Kobasew.

You seem to think Jussi is a good option for Geno and Neal's LW long term. That is where we disagree.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
HCDB has proven that he will go a long way to prove that some of his original ideas work. He will carry that until Islanders or some other mediocre team is killing you in the PO and he will retreat in panic to whatever he was being told over and over the course of the season. Only then he doesn't have time to make those obvious choices work...

This is an example. We all know no matter how little we know about hockey that Kobe will not make it to the Play Offs even if there is an injury, and he needs to fill that spot with someone from AHL. So why not play kids that may actually make difference come play-off times (in this case megna makes all sense in the world, or try Jussi on that line with shaping the second line in a mold we saw last game (Geno neal and Pyatt)

The only thing that makes me not be too upset is that I know that kobe will suck so bad that Bylsma will have to start mixing lines anyways...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Kobasew on Crosby's RW at skate, with Megna on the fourth line. Paul Martin skating with Brooks Orpik, Neal on Malkin's RW. #Penguins

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

#Pens practice lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew, Jokinen-Malkin-Neal, Pyatt-Sutter-Glass, Adams-Sill-Megna

:laugh:

michael-bolton-office-space.gif

I see your Bolton and raise you a Samir. (Note: replace "government" with "Penguins Grind Committee")

81470fcc963f8cf2db6c4bd87c8ed9e3a87ac616a0d7d15e4a0d3534bad1f7ed.jpg

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Maybe Disco just wants to see how Megna does as a 4th liner? I would love for him to be in that spot come playoff time. Just slot Vitale in at C and slide Sill over to LW. Sill - Vitale - Megna. Boom, that's a legit 4th line.

I would agree with that, but that involves scratching Glass and Adams for the playoffs. The only way I see those two not dressing in the playoffs is if Shero waives them.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would agree with that, but that involves scratching Glass and Adams for the playoffs. The only way I see those two not dressing in the playoffs is if Shero waives them.

I predict, he will start play-offs with them, get in trouble and than scramble to develop new third/fourth line with players that will eventually contribute to our winning cup. If Sid and Geno stay healthy we will be hoisting LSC trophy...:yo:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

But those two are the two most valuable PKers, he said with heavy sarcasm.

That's going to be the rational to keep them in the lineup, despite zero value 5v5, 5v4, 5v3 or 4v4. And they'll keep being the most valuable PKers until they let some other players tkae some PK shifts to show just how much better they can be than two players who should be 13th and 14th forwards at best.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Bylsma is just setting us up.

He will give Kobasew the first 5 shifts and when Chuckie looks terrible as expected, he will 'shuffle the lines' and throw his pal Adams on the first line. Since Adams is a fraction of a turd better than Kobasew, the complaining from fans will lessen and Bylsma will get his way as per usual. :)

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Jumping off bridges a little too quick here.

Sid leads the entire NHL in even-strength ice time for forwards.

Megna is accustomed to playing half as many minutes when he's in game shape, which, coming off a knee injury, he's not. You can't just throw a speed guy coming off a month-long knee injury into the fire for twice as long as he's used to being there in his first game back. Or you shouldn't at least. Same is true of Kobasew, except replace "speed guy" with "lazy-ass clock puncher."

My guess is we'll see a committee taking turns on Sid's wing. There aren't any guys dressing tonight who are capable of spot-filling in that role for an entire game that aren't already playing with Malkin or centering another line.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Bylsma is just setting us up.

He will give Kobasew the first 5 shifts and when Chuckie looks terrible as expected, he will 'shuffle the lines' and throw his pal Adams on the first line. Since Adams is a fraction of a turd better than Kobasew, the complaining from fans will lessen and Bylsma will get his way as per usual. :)

And if that doesn't work out Pyatt will be there for the start of the 3rd since he worked well on Geno's line

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Eh. Megna isn't gonna flank Sid with a healthy lineup. May as well get him used to playing with the trash that is our bottom six forward group.

Now if he sits over Kobasew, then that's different.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Eh. Megna isn't gonna flank Sid with a healthy lineup. May as well get him used to playing with the trash that is our bottom six forward group.

On that day, this heat makes a bit more sense.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Megna and Sill will both be out of the line-up if we ever get healthy.

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 20s
Neal, Martin and Kobasew all look like good bets to play tonight. Megna likely back later this week.

Seemes like Megna isn't back at all

Fire Shero*

Haha Kobasew on the top line.

Disco and his shrewd coaching decisions.

I'm actually shocked this piece of garbage hasn't been waived yet. He's terrible, one of Shero's worst dumpster signings. That says A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad