Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins, Chuck Kobasew: 1st line winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm hoping not to see Kobasew on the first line at all. I still don't understand why HCDB doesn't at least try Jokinen with Sid.

Especially after Pyatt had a legitimately good game with Geno. At least give it a shot. I don't expect it to be a long term solution, but I don't think Jokinen should be a long term solution in that spot either. Sadly, it is pretty clear that Disco fully intends to keep Jussi with Geno and Neal.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I also hate Kobasew but its not like there are any better choices in the bottom 6 to play with Sid, none of those players are capable of playing in the top 6.

Plan 1: Play Megna with Sid. Megna is better than Kobasew in every possible way.
Plan 2: Pyatt just had a good game with Geno. See if he can do it again. Play Jussi with Sid.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Especially after Pyatt had a legitimately good game with Geno. At least give it a shot. I don't expect it to be a long term solution, but I don't think Jokinen should be a long term solution in that spot either. Sadly, it is pretty clear that Disco fully intends to keep Jussi with Geno and Neal.

Well, he doesn't need to get Jokinen out of the top 6 to keep Dupuis in it anymore.

I believe he scored both in the first 3 games of the year.

Yes... I may remember that. I thought he only did that in the preseason, sorry Chuckers.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

It makes no sense to me ... but I shall console myself with the idea that if Megna and Sill are together the bottom six is slightly less meh and Martin may be returning, so that means Orpik will look less like ass.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I also hate Kobasew but its not like there are any better choices in the bottom 6 to play with Sid, none of those players are capable of playing in the top 6.

I'm so sick of Bylsma lovers making excuses. Jayson Megna is a better choice. The other option is to try Jokinen there and let Megna or Pyatt play with Geno-Neal. There are much better options than Chuck Kobasew.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It makes no sense to me ... but I shall console myself with the idea that if Megna and Sill are together the bottom six is slightly less meh and Martin may be returning, so that means Orpik will look less like ass.

Maybe Disco just wants to see how Megna does as a 4th liner? I would love for him to be in that spot come playoff time. Just slot Vitale in at C and slide Sill over to LW. Sill - Vitale - Megna. Boom, that's a legit 4th line.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Plan 1: Play Megna with Sid. Megna is better than Kobasew in every possible way.
Plan 2: Pyatt just had a good game with Geno. See if he can do it again. Play Jussi with Sid.

Im assuming Megna is going to play with Sid, but i doubt there gonna wanna play him 20 mins.

Pyatt just like Kobasew shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6, neither of them are top 6 players.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Im assuming Megna is going to play with Sid, but i doubt there gonna wanna play him 20 mins.

Pyatt just like Kobasew shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6, neither of them are top 6 players.

I don't disagree. But Pyatt just played a good game in the top 6. Kobasew hasn't played a good game anywhere in the line-up since the first week of the season. Its at least worth seeing if Pyatt can be a stopgap solution. We've seen Kobasew enough to know he is not.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe Disco just wants to see how Megna does as a 4th liner? I would love for him to be in that spot come playoff time. Just slot Vitale in at C and slide Sill over to LW. Sill - Vitale - Megna. Boom, that's a legit 4th line.

Don't over think it. It all comes down to veteran status vs young skilled player. Bylsma picks veteran every time (even if it's waiver wire veteran). Come playoff time, Megna is not in the top 12 over Adams, Glass.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Don't over think it. It all comes down to veteran status vs young skilled player. Bylsma picks veteran every time (even if it's waiver wire veteran). Come playoff time, Megna is not in the top 12 over Adams, Glass.

I know. But I like to keep a bit of hope alive. I will be legitimately angry when Megna and Sill are back to getting scratched.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm so sick of Bylsma lovers making excuses. Jayson Megna is a better choice. The other option is to try Jokinen there and let Megna or Pyatt play with Geno-Neal. There are much better options than Chuck Kobasew.

I disagree that Pyatt is any better then Kobasew in the top 6, people are really getting carried away with there love for Pyatt after one good game.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So the last two days of Megna practicing with Sid was just a tease? Or maybe Bylsma didn't like what he saw practice. Either way, he should have at least tried Megna with Sid in a game. Kobasew is a worthless piece of ****, Megna at least has potential (and skill).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I disagree that Pyatt is any better then Kobasew in the top 6, people are really getting carried away with there love for Pyatt after one good game.

Pyatt had one good game in the top 6. That's something Kobasew couldn't do when given the shot. That alone shows me that Pyatt is better than Kobasew in the top 6. He's at least worth trying there again over Kobasew.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Remember when Meg on Sids line yesterday was proof that DB didn't jerk around rookies?

Good times.

52YKjp4.jpg

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
So the last two days of Megna practicing with Sid was just a tease? Or maybe Bylsma didn't like what he saw practice. Either way, he should have at least tried Megna with Sid in a game. Kobasew is a worthless piece of ****, Megna at least has potential (and skill).

DB tries to cross up the opponents in his practices, not in game coaching.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I agree but he actually played that role fairly well so why not reward his one good game with another one? Bylsma lineup choices never seem to follow any kind of logical pattern. He plays Pyatt in the top 6 because of terrible injuries and Pyatt has a goal and a screen on the Maatta goal. Neal comes back and so does Mr. I haven't scored a goal since October and should have been waived 2 months ago and Pyatt goes to the 3rd line and Kobasew to the 1st.

Either reward Pyatt with another game and move Jokinen with Sid (rewarding both for good play) or keep Pyatt on the 3rd and give the young speedy, skilled winger a shot with Sid. Instead, Bylsma gives the spot to a useless player that has no chance of being in the lineup comes playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad