Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins, Chuck Kobasew: 1st line winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Chuck Kobasew just stepped on the ice at #Pens practice. First non-goalie on the ice.

Paul Martin and @Jayson_Megna are warming for #Pens practice as well.

@jneal_18 out on the ice too. Good way to start a Saturday.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 10h

.@Mattl128 What's Despres future in Pittsburgh, if he has any? // He needs to go. Soon.

edit update as they come in

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Not sure if this has been posted, Empty Netters interview with Sutter about his revolving line-mates Link

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Jayson Megna is skating on the ring wing with Kunitz and Crosby. Neal back with Jokinen and Malkin. Looks like Glass-Sutter-Pyatt.
Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop

Megna is skating with Kunitz and Crosby during rushes; Martin is skating with usual D partner Orpik. Engelland back on D. -MC

whatevs

Fire Shero*

I'm just nervous we go with Megna and Bennett in the top six.

Maybe in the future, just not this year.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Dejan is a dick.

Maybe but wasn't he the only reporter with an ounce of stones last June at the post-meltdown presser? The only guy who questioned the coach's tactics, the only guy who questioned giving Fleury another chance? Granted that's not a lot to hang your hat on but for Pittsburgh newspaper reporters, it makes him pretty unique.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Final line, Adams-Sill-Kobasew. D: Orpik-Martin, Scuderi-Letang, Maatta-Niskanen, Bortuzzo-Engelland.

so:

Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Glass - Sutter - Pyatt
Adams - Sill - Kobasew (worst line in hockey?!!?)

Scuderi - Letang
Orpik - Martin
Maatta - Niskanen

(Engelland - Bortuzzo; press box)

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Maybe but wasn't he the only reporter with an ounce of stones last June at the post-meltdown presser? The only guy who questioned the coach's tactics, the only guy who questioned giving Fleury another chance? Granted that's not a lot to hang your hat on but for Pittsburgh newspaper reporters, it makes him pretty unique.

His opinion is usually laughably wrong though all the time. He has his moments, but I had to unfollow him on twitter for it. Just pissed me off way too much. He also likes to stir up drama anymore.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
so:

Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Glass - Sutter - Pyatt

Scuderi - Letang
Orpik - Martin
Maatta - Niskanen

That 4th line does blow but on balance, I'll take this roster given the injuries. We could do a lot worse than that top 6 for the regular season, and even the 3rd line (or 2/3 of it) isn't terrible. If nothing else less soff than it used to be.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
so:

Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Glass - Sutter - Pyatt

Scuderi - Letang
Orpik - Martin
Maatta - Niskanen

I'm excited to see Megna back. Last game I saw him was in person and he was even more impressive than on TV.

He has some things I hope he works on, but his speed, work ethic and courage are the attributes I love the most about him. I think he can be an impact third liner if DB let's him.

I'm trying to remember who skated on the Crosby line Wed... Sutter for half the shifts (maybe) and... Quicksand?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm excited to see Megna back. Last game I saw him was in person and he was even more impressive.

He has some things I hope he works on, but his speed, work ethic and courage are the attributes I love the most about him.

I'm trying to remember who skated on the Crosby line Wed... Sutter for half the shifts (maybe) and... Quicksand?

Oh don't worry, Adams is going to get the bulk of the shifts on Crosby's line anyway.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
His opinion is usually laughably wrong though all the time. He has his moments, but I had to unfollow him on twitter for it. Just pissed me off way too much. He also likes to stir up drama anymore.

O I hear ya. Sucks that our choices are:

Obnoxious spittle-bag on the radio who runs his mouth to get listeners.

or

Laughably wrong newspaper opinions but no invented quotes, and has some balls.

or

Total lack of quotes on anything that matters, lots of click bait, PR-savvy, and no balls. And a stupid ****ing hat.

or

Woman with no thoughts on the team she covers, but lots of tweets.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm excited to see Megna back. Last game I saw him was in person and he was even more impressive.

He has some things I hope he works on, but his speed, work ethic and courage are the attributes I love the most about him.

Sutter, Glass, Sill, IIRC

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Slegr... that guy was awesome. He dohn need no steenking Kadar and fancy rowboat equipment!!

jiri.jpg

:laugh:

Guy was defensively a train wreck at times but loved it when he would score or have a go at a big hit, then go nuts. The guy was pure cheese but also had some personality which seems to be missing in today's NHL. I think we should hire Slegr as our new trainer / defensive spiritual leader. This team needs more Slegr.

Last edited:

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Megna, Neal, and Martin returning would be great. Kunitz - Crosby - Megna is a top line I would actually enjoy watching, although I don't want to roll into the playoffs with it.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
That 4th line does blow but on balance, I'll take this roster given the injuries. We could do a lot worse than that top 6 for the regular season, and even the 3rd line (or 2/3 of it) isn't terrible. If nothing else less soff than it used to be.

Really? Engelland and Bortuzzo sitting, Despres and PL3 back in the AHL. I hardly see this as less soff.

Still too much crap in the regular lineup to get excited, but I do like the return of Megna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad