Confirmed with Link: Panthers announce new additions & changes to Hockey Ops. staff (Fenton, Dudley & Campbell hired)

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Anyways it's all pointless, no point discussing the continued ownership ineptitude. To change the topic a bit, would anyone be surprised if they move Huberdeau? I think there's less chance they can sign him long-term than Barkov, and it would return a huge haul. I just have a feeling Florida will be making a significant trade as they continue to try and change the culture of the team.
I certainly would not miss Goldie's "Hooby dooby doo" howls (I do love Goldie otherwise though). It sounds like Zito's vision for the team is pretty different from how they have been playing, so I would not be surprised to see anyone except Ekblad go. I'm very afraid that it would be the Panarin-Saad kind of trade though, where we throw away supreme talent for a grittier player.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I certainly would not miss Goldie's "Hooby dooby doo" howls (I do love Goldie otherwise though). It sounds like Zito's vision for the team is pretty different from how they have been playing, so I would not be surprised to see anyone except Ekblad go. I'm very afraid that it would be the Panarin-Saad kind of trade though, where we throw away supreme talent for a grittier player.
Barkov is off the table. Zito talked very highly about him.

Reactions: harv33173 and Pigge

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Hubby when he's on is how we want our skilled guys to play. He's actually got some bite and grit to him, actually shows emotion and plays with passion. Barkov is the better player, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd be on the fence if to be honest.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I didn't mention Dale. He's gone. I don't really see how you answered me, dude's going into his 8th year here and you're basically making excuses for him, which, while it may be fair after year 2 or 3, after 7 years of failure I don't get it. If he went to a different school he'd have probably been fired in 2017 with Weirer.

Your post makes it seem like he's new and not been here almost as long as DT was. I think it's unfair to Zito as well, he should be able to bring in his own man to the position.

And you didn’t answer mine either so I guess were even. Zito did bring in 4 of his own guys to fill senior positions I’m not sure what you mean.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

If we trade Huby, we’re going to lose the trade. The team getting the best player in a trade almost always « wins » it. And there’s no way we’ll get a better player than Huby in a trade.

I think he’ll be traded...but I’m a little bit scared about the return.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
And you didn’t answer mine either so I guess were even. Zito did bring in 4 of his own guys to fill senior positions I’m not sure what you mean.
Yep: continuity is important too: we're not rebuilding. We have pieces. There is soft information that would be lost if no one returned....

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He scores about 1 goal a year, but sure, let's pay him for his career year that wasn't even good.
Even if he scores one goal here he provides the toughness we need. You’re acting like this D core is irreplaceable. They’re a bunch of soft clowns lol. You also keep saying it wasn’t good. He plays for Ottawa. The only thing good there was the end of the season.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Even if he scores one goal here he provides the toughness we need. You’re acting like this D core is irreplaceable. They’re a bunch of soft clowns lol. You also keep saying it wasn’t good. He plays for Ottawa. The only thing good there was the end of the season.

Exactly, even if Boro was bad, which he's not, this D can't get any worse. At least there'd be someone hitting and hurting people.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Exactly, even if Boro was bad, which he's not, this D can't get any worse. At least there'd be someone hitting and hurting people.
He's cap though: do we want say 3M for him against Brown for .750M? Good chance we will need to sign at least one top 6 forward this offseason...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's cap though: do we want say 3M for him against Brown for .750M? Good chance we will need to sign at least one top 6 forward this offseason...

I doubt he'll get 3 from anyone. Maybe 2.5 at the max. And yes that would be worth it. We have the cap space. Zito has indicated that they will be one of the top 15 spending teams. And if he is signing Boro, then that means that is true anyway.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I doubt he'll get 3 from anyone. Maybe 2.5 at the max. And yes that would be worth it. We have the cap space. Zito has indicated that they will be one of the top 15 spending teams. And if he is signing Boro, then that means that is true anyway.
Yeah, but is he the right guy? I don't think so necessarily. Unless we move out one of Yandle or Stralman, we would have the highest paid defense and worse value. He doesn't exactly have great stats, is on the wrong side of 30, and his main selling point is character....

I'd rather us put money upfront or a traditional defensive defenseman....

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, but is he the right guy? I don't think so necessarily. Unless we move out one of Yandle or Stralman, we would have the highest paid defense and worse value. He doesn't exactly have great stats, is on the wrong side of 30, and his main selling point is character....

I'd rather us put money upfront or a traditional defensive defenseman....

I think he brings a lot of what we need, yes. Yes, the blueline won't be completely fixed in one offseason, it's gonna take years. But that doesnt mean we shouldn't make small incremental improvements just because we have the highest paid blueline. I dont see his age being a problem as he'll probably get 3 years max, and I dont know why you're bringing up his stats as everyone knows he won't get big numbers. He'd be here to intimidate, hit, and fight. And those are all things that the Panthers do need in their lineup.

I think this past season showed that we can put all the money up front we want but if the rest of the team stinks, it's still a mediocre team. There are a lot of other elements besides scoring that the Panthers lack, in fact they lack almost all of them. I dont think 2-2.5M is a big price to pay to add some of those elements into our lineup. A top 4 traditional defensive d-man is gonna cost 4-5 M at least. I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but that would eat up a lot more cap and term than a Boro deal would.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I would like to think at least one of yandle, matheson, or Stralman get moved this offseason. Mostly, one of Yandle or matheson. I struggle to imagine all three being here still next season.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
That's a dangerous idea, which is rarely true. Four teams allowed more goals this season and 15 teams lost more games than the Panthers. Everything can get worse.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To be honest I’m ready for Huby to go. It was a joy watching him here but let’s face it, his contract is going to be enormous. He did his job here and I’ll always remember what an amazing player he was. He probably wants to leave anyways and I don’t blame him.
Yeah, I would like him to stay more than Barkov but he's 2 years older and would be ok in Montreal. If Barkov isn't here, it'll be another small market team, could you imagine him in Toronto? He'd get destroyed :laugh:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah, I would like him to stay more than Barkov but he's 2 years older and would be ok in Montreal. If Barkov isn't here, it'll be another small market team, could you imagine him in Toronto? He'd get destroyed :laugh:
I mean #1 C > #1 W. I love both players though but Barkov is a loyal type and will probably be here forever. Plus we could get a massive haul for Huberdeau and fix a couple of problems.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
That's a dangerous idea, which is rarely true. Four teams allowed more goals this season and 15 teams lost more games than the Panthers. Everything can get worse.

Lol I didnt mean it literally can't get worse. Some of you are acting like Boro is some ahl tweener. There's a reason why so many teams are runored to have interest in him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Boro lol. Talk about someone who will do nothing but is an easy thing to think will have an impact. Just like Stralman, Accari, etc.

This team isn't going to get better based on new players. It's a culture and leadership issue. Read this and you will want a Frank Slootman to run this organization. Amp It Up!

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Lol I didnt mean it literally can't get worse. Some of you are acting like Boro is some ahl tweener. There's a reason why so many teams are runored to have interest in him.
True. All these debates make things sound more extreme than they are. He won't be a disaster or a savior. He would just make some things a little better and others a bit worse.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think he brings a lot of what we need, yes. Yes, the blueline won't be completely fixed in one offseason, it's gonna take years. But that doesnt mean we shouldn't make small incremental improvements just because we have the highest paid blueline. I dont see his age being a problem as he'll probably get 3 years max, and I dont know why you're bringing up his stats as everyone knows he won't get big numbers. He'd be here to intimidate, hit, and fight. And those are all things that the Panthers do need in their lineup.

I think this past season showed that we can put all the money up front we want but if the rest of the team stinks, it's still a mediocre team. There are a lot of other elements besides scoring that the Panthers lack, in fact they lack almost all of them. I dont think 2-2.5M is a big price to pay to add some of those elements into our lineup. A top 4 traditional defensive d-man is gonna cost 4-5 M at least. I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but that would eat up a lot more cap and term than a Boro deal would.
Eh, I disagree: 2.5M over 3 years say would take away opportunity to add pieces next few years or potentially eat cap to get rid of Matheson per se.

I don't see the value-added in game. I like the "character," but Tallon showed that's not a great strategy...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Eh, I disagree: 2.5M over 3 years say would take away opportunity to add pieces next few years or potentially eat cap to get rid of Matheson per se.

I don't see the value-added in game. I like the "character," but Tallon showed that's not a great strategy...

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. The in-game, shift by shift value is what Boro will bring more than most of his Panther teammates. Gudbranson shouldnt have been drafted #3 overall, but I don't think adding good character to your lineup is a bad strategy. That's like saying Lou Lamoriello who just won executive of the year has a bad strategy. This team could really use someone like Crouse too. 2.5M is not a lot of money unless you are totally discounting Boro as adding anything of value, which I think is misguided.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Well we'll have to agree to disagree. The in-game, shift by shift value is what Boro will bring more than most of his Panther teammates. Gudbranson shouldnt have been drafted #3 overall, but I don't think adding good character to your lineup is a bad strategy. That's like saying Lou Lamoriello who just won executive of the year has a bad strategy. This team could really use someone like Crouse too. 2.5M is not a lot of money unless you are totally discounting Boro as adding anything of value, which I think is misguided.
I agree that we can agree to disagree.

Ultimately, it depends what we can do this off-season: I expect some bigger changes to happen...

Reactions: Dread Clawz

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Boro would replace Josh Brown. He is better than Josh Brown. This last page makes it seem like he's replacing Ekblad or Weegar lol, it's just Josh Brown. (I like Brown more than Yandle, Matheson, or Stralman, especially the 1st 2, but again don't see a feasible way any of them are moved).

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2