Panthers @ 2014 World Championships

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The one off the Seth Jones slapper? That was his brother Kevin.

@USAHockeyScores: GOAL! 4-4 Jimmy Hayes deflects a Jones blast to tie the game with 6:34 to go. #IIHFWorlds

I can't watch the game so I'm going off the US hockey twitter.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
As the tournament goes on, you can see all the Panthers players getting more comfortable. And with that you can see increased ice time for all of them. This is why I was glad when these guys got picked for the team, it will be a good experience for them. I thought it did a ton of good for Bjugstad last year.

CoolburnIsGone

Just curious, who was on center? Trocheck or Shore?
Having not seen the game, its kinda hard to tell from the stat sheet. Shore played more mins in the game (13 mins for Shore vs 10min for Trocheck) but Trocheck had more faceoffs (5 total for Trocheck vs 3 for Shore). When Shore was on the ice for his minus, he was out there with Gaudreau and Abdelkader. When Trocheck was on the ice for his minus, he was out there with J.Hayes and Gaudreau. Based on that, my guess is Trocheck was mostly the center with Shore mostly playing RW.

http://www.iihfworlds2014.com/en/games/2014-05-16/USA-vs-KAZ/

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Sweet move by Huby on a penalty shot but what a save by Nilsson..Wow, how did he get that one..

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Player of the game, well deserved!

I actually predicted both the players of the game in that game. Huberdeau was really good, and got a lot of ice-time, or he was always very noticeable. Hoping this can give him a confidence-boost before the next season.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Great to see Huby playing well. If he can continue his success in this tournament it should give him a huge confidence boost going into off-season training.

I agree with the above posters in that these selections were GREAT news for us. It's sort of like mini-playoff experience for these kids. It really could prove to be valuable down the road for these guys. Wearing your countries colors is always special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad