Panthers @ 2014 World Championships

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yeah the world championship is pretty big here in sweden, we had over 2 millions tv viewers (we got around 9 million living here) on the final last year. so its pretty big here.

Bah! We got over 2.5M wievers and only 6M here ;)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
In Canada and Europe, international hockey tournaments can be a pretty big deal after soccer(football). Representing your country is a huge deal for a lot of younger players especially.
TSN has full TV coverage of the world juniors and the WCs for chrissakes.
I wouldn't worry about Huber, he and Gudbranson will get some quality bonding time together scouting eastern European girls.
He still has three months to hulk-up.

Sure it might mean more outside North America, but it's just so vital that Huberdeau takes a few steps forward next season. Everyone expects that since he took a couple steps backwards from his rookie year. IMO, i'm not expecting him to lead us, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect at least 20+20 or even 20+30 from him. More importantly, he needs to increase his "hockey" strength. His skating, his speed, his acceleration, his confidence, his shooting.. All that needs work. Bottom-line is he needs a good season under his belt or let the trade rumors commence.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Sure it might mean more outside North America, but it's just so vital that Huberdeau takes a few steps forward next season. Everyone expects that since he took a couple steps backwards from his rookie year. IMO, i'm not expecting him to lead us, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect at least 20+20 or even 20+30 from him. More importantly, he needs to increase his "hockey" strength. His skating, his speed, his acceleration, his confidence, his shooting.. All that needs work. Bottom-line is he needs a good season under his belt or let the trade rumors commence.

Agreed. Just be glad he is playing limited minutes in the WCs instead of getting beat down in the playoffs then. (glass half full ;))

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I enjoyed them!
If I have to watch one more Bud Light or Coors Light commercial....

O.T. but I was watching the Marlins game on extra innings and they kept playing this commercial for cable (I think it was AT and T) where there were these puppets attached on strings. Am I missing something or is it just the worst commercial ever made?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
O.T. but I was watching the Marlins game on extra innings and they kept playing this commercial for cable (I think it was AT and T) where there were these puppets attached on strings. Am I missing something or is it just the worst commercial ever made?

The comcast commercial?
"Dad did you say that strings are ugly?"
"No son, only cable strings are ugly"
"But are my strings ugly?"

Yes. It is the worst commercial, and they show it every god damn commercial brake on NBCSN.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I enjoyed them!
If I have to watch one more Bud Light or Coors Light commercial....

I don't think I can ever forgive the Panthers or FSN for making me watch Cher commercials for the entire season. What did we ever do to deserve that?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Thank god Finland left Keränen off the team. So much finishing power! =)

That has to been one of the worst / unorganized teams i've seen Finland have. Kinda reminded me of one NHL team last season ;)

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

Hubby needs a sniper on his line so bad. If Panthers can't find him someone for him to set up I doubt he reaches 30A. The numbers suggest Vrbata would be a really good fit with Huberdeau .

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The comcast commercial?

Yes. It is the worst commercial, and they show it every god damn commercial brake on NBCSN.

Yeah that's it :laugh:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
The comcast commercial?

It's actually a direct tv commercial.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
USA got destroyed, oh well. At least Trocheck wasn't a minus and sounds like Huberdeau had a good game. Nice.

Last edited:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I thought I heard Trocheck was scratched for the RUS-USA game today... That's totally why they lost guys! #FreeTrocheck! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad