Panthers @ 2014 World Championships

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Did not see it mentioned but U.S. Vs Belarus game is on Friday afternoon @ 1:30pm on NBC Sports network ch 1640 on AT&T Uverse
Thunderheart

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Old man Tim Thomas and a bunch of kids on this USA team, I love it.
Shore is playing on a line with K. Hayes... future line mates? ;)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
He played the first two periods, I had to leave and missed the third.

I don't understand why he's playing in a meaningless tournament. Everyone is expecting Huberdeau to come out next season bigger, stronger, faster and miles better than last season. If he gets hurt in the worlds it could effect his training over the summer yet again. I just don't get it.. ****ing stupid.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Huberdeau TOI was 9:58 for the game. Played a little over 3 mins per period. Only Monahan and Sheifele played less among the forwards.

Gudbranson played 14:19...only Rielly played less. Considering how bad Coburn, Myers and Ellis played (apparently)...I'm a bit surprised Guds played significantly less than them (he played pretty well apparently).

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/387/IHM387A02_74_3_0.pdf

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get worried about Hubs. I realize we need to be patient, but I think most of us thought he would be a stronger player overall by this point. Should at least be playing top 6 minutes on that team, not bottom 3.

Last edited:

CoolburnIsGone

Huberdeau TOI was 9:58 for the game. Played a little over 3 mins per period. Only Monahan and Sheifele played less among the forwards.

Gudbranson played 14:19...only Rielly played less. Considering how bad Coburn, Myers and Ellis played (apparently)...I'm a bit surprised Guds played significantly less than them (he played pretty well apparently).

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/387/IHM387A02_74_3_0.pdf

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get worried about Hubs. I realize we need to be patient, but I think most of us thought he would be a stronger player overall by this point. Should at least be playing top 6 minutes on that team, not bottom 3.
One thing to keep in mind is Team Canada's coach is Dave Tippett. He's been known to not play offensive forwards as much so Hubs' icetime I dont think should be as much of a concern.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I personally would love to see Timmy come back. If he's going to be a backup anyway, why the hell should he have to change his equipment??

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Does anyone know if they looked good

They were on the fourth line with Colin McDonald and were pretty effective with the limited minutes they had. J Hayes ended up with an assist.
I'm not sure where Shore was exactly, I didn't notice him that much. Anyone else figure it out?
I am doing work around the house today so I only saw bits of the game here and there.
Trocheck looked good and was effective on the faceoffs I saw.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I don't understand why he's playing in a meaningless tournament. Everyone is expecting Huberdeau to come out next season bigger, stronger, faster and miles better than last season. If he gets hurt in the worlds it could effect his training over the summer yet again. I just don't get it.. ****ing stupid.

In Canada and Europe, international hockey tournaments can be a pretty big deal after soccer(football). Representing your country is a huge deal for a lot of younger players especially.
TSN has full TV coverage of the world juniors and the WCs for chrissakes.
I wouldn't worry about Huber, he and Gudbranson will get some quality bonding time together scouting eastern European girls.
He still has three months to hulk-up.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
In Canada and Europe, international hockey tournaments can be a pretty big deal after soccer(football). Representing your country is a huge deal for a lot of younger players especially.
TSN has full TV coverage of the world juniors and the WCs for chrissakes.
I wouldn't worry about Huber, he and Gudbranson will get some quality bonding time together scouting eastern European girls.
He still has three months to hulk-up.

Yeah the world championship is pretty big here in sweden, we had over 2 millions tv viewers (we got around 9 million living here) on the final last year. so its pretty big here.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah the world championship is pretty big here in sweden, we had over 2 millions tv viewers (we got around 9 million living here) on the final last year. so its pretty big here.

I had fun checking out the Swedish commercials on one of the streams I was watching. Pepsodent whitening toothpaste for Men? :laugh:
Over here Pepsodent is for your grandparents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad