Rumor: Panarin unwilling to re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
The jackets have the 4th most wins the past 2 years , and the average age of our core is like 22. Where do u get this nonsense he can’t win a title here ?
Mate with all my respect the point of chances to win is almost all teams have at least 2 star players used at SC as a 2 forces by different lines variations. If opponents shuts 1 star player - other can made a game. Two big guns increasing your chances but if you have only 1 who can step up at key moments you ll lose. Like Ovie all previous years. There is easy to made game shutting down 1 star player.
im from Russia and mostly fans wants Panera to stay and prove himself but for him i dont know maybe 1 good trade or smg. Panera and Torts likes eachother. Hope to see him extend

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Mate with all my respect the point of chances to win is almost all teams have at least 2 star players used at SC as a 2 forces by different lines variations. If opponents shuts 1 star player - other can made a game. Two big guns increasing your chances but if you have only 1 who can step up at key moments you ll lose. Like Ovie all previous years. There is easy to made game shutting down 1 star player.
im from Russia and mostly fans wants Panera to stay and prove himself but for him i dont know maybe 1 good trade or smg. Panera and Torts likes eachother. Hope to see him extend
So your basically saying that while we have 2 elite defenseman , in Jones , and Werenski and 2 really good ones in Savard and Murray, and even Nutivaara, which all create offense , that we really don’t have any star power on offense

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
There's no structural reason why the Washington Capitals should be permanently better than the Columbus Blue Jackets. Though I can't explain why they would think Carolina has a better shot than Columbus. Let me guess, worship of Svechnikov and Zykov?
Dont know about Carolina but Wsh have 2 guys who step ups big time Kuz anв Ovie. CBJ need to have 1 else and then it will increase yor chances at SC. Team can make playoffs for decade but without those guys who step up they loose

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
So your basically saying that while we have 2 elite defenseman , in Jones , and Werenski and 2 really good ones in Savard and Murray, and even Nutivaara, which all create offense , that we really don’t have any star power on offense
am about offence.
Kane and Toews
Malkin and Sid
Ovie and Kuz.
Dats and Zett
Getzlaf and Perry
If you have only 1 - they just shut him off. SC is all about how you shut opponents star players
your star defenders will be busy covering opponents topplayers or lines. Offense by defs wouldnt gives you a title. Need big guns - guys who plays better at key moments like Ovie and Kuz did against CBJ

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Seems like you're forgetting about Jones and Z.

I think part of our PP problem was Zach wasn't close to 100%. If our PP was clicking and we didn't give them 20 PP opportunities Washington wouldnt have stood a chance.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Seems like you're forgetting about Jones and Z.

I think part of our PP problem was Zach wasn't close to 100%. If our PP was clicking and we didn't give them 20 PP opportunities Washington wouldnt have stood a chance.
I don’t think he is , while Jones and Z are great , we saw from Washington that they just brought the defense out , into our Defensemans face and took away their time and space , so then your stuck trying to create offense , with a pretty average group of forwards . There is no doubt we need more top end skill , at the forward position

Reactions: CPTN71 and Toe Pick

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I don’t think he is , while Jones and Z are great , we saw from Washington that they just brought the defense out , into our Defensemans face and took away their time and space , so then your stuck trying to create offense , with a pretty average group of forwards . There is no doubt we need more top end skill , at the forward position

Yep, and the problem there is that kind of elite talent usually comes from the draft — every single one of those guys listed by geoo9 was drafted by ther squads. Unfortunately most were high picks and then you need some lottery luck.

Panarin is a complete anamonly. How an elite game breaker like that could go undrafted is baffling. Just sucks we can’t catch a long term break with a player like that.

Anyways — the fact that the majority of the elite talent out there is drafted/developed is why I’m not opposed to a futures deal around Panarin.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
am about offence.
Kane and Toews
Malkin and Sid
Ovie and Kuz.
Dats and Zett
Getzlaf and Perry
If you have only 1 - thay just shut him off. SC is all about how you shut opponents star players
your star defenders will be busy covering opponents topplayers or lines. Offense by defs wouldnt gives you a title. Need big guns - guys who plays better at key moments like Ovie and Kuz did against CBJ

I personally think PLD is the next Getzlaf (maybe not quite the gaudy assist totals, but more goals). He's further ahead in his draft +2 year than some of those guys were.

maybe he want to wait and see were team will turn?

I don't think that's it, but I really hope so.

Reactions: thebus88

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Green0011.jpg
I like the cut of your jib.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Wonder if any part of him wanting out has to do with the coach(ing)? Any chance the conversation yesterday was hey I would consider staying if the style of play changed or simply I don't like playing for him.
Never really heard anyone say anything about the relationship between the coach and Bread (good, bad, etc). But has been stories in past with Coach and other goal scorers.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wonder if any part of him wanting out has to do with the coach(ing)? Any chance the conversation yesterday was hey I would consider staying if the style of play changed or simply I don't like playing for him.
Never really heard anyone say anything about the relationship between the coach and Bread (good, bad, etc). But has been stories in past with Coach and other goal scorers.
Pretty sure the agent is on record several times now that Panarin has no issues with the coaching.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Pretty sure the agent is on record several times now that Panarin has no issues with the coaching.
In all honesty, what is he going to say.... hes signed for a contract to play with the jackets this season, under that coach. You can bet that there is alot said behind close doors, that the media has no clue about. Everything in this situation is pure speculation. Personally, I think torts is personally responsible for holding this team back. What was the stat, 88% of teams win a series when up 2-0. His line management is brutal, and he skates his top lines into the ground. Bread could certainly have an issue with that, but once again, its all speculation...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think Panarin knows where he wants to spend the next 7 or 8 years of his career.

He hasn't ruled out Columbus. In fact, during the season he said he is enjoying discovering the city. But he's not sure that he wants to live here for the next 8 years. That's fair. I think if he really was set on not returning, he'd have said so to management because he seems to care about being open and honest.

Aside from Chicago, he hasn't really lived anywhere in North America. He's vacationed places and has a condo in Florida, but I think the reason why there's no official list is because he really doesn't know where he'd like to live. That's why the unofficial list is a "safe" one so to speak. It's less "I want to go to these places..." and more "If I had to guess, I think I would like these places best..."

In that light, I think all of his and Milstein's comments make sense.

It also makes me feel like he won't agree to a sign and trade or sign a contract during the season with Columbus unless he has a change of heart. Either he decides that he wants to put the team first and is willing to take the risk of a sign-and-trade, or he decides he wants to stay, or he decides he absolutely wants out.

Barring a change of heart, I think he reaches UFA regardless of where he is playing by the end of next season. Which means I think Columbus will get pennies on the dollar for him if they trade him. Which to me means they won't trade him barring a major change (i.e. team is tanking the season, Panarin changes his mind, etc.).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
In all honesty, what is he going to say.... hes signed for a contract to play with the jackets this season, under that coach. You can bet that there is alot said behind close doors, that the media has no clue about. Everything in this situation is pure speculation. Personally, I think torts is personally responsible for holding this team back. What was the stat, 88% of teams win a series when up 2-0. His line management is brutal, and he skates his top lines into the ground. Bread could certainly have an issue with that, but once again, its all speculation...

There's a lot I'm concerned about with Torts, line management isn't one of them. I just remember the good old days with Todd Richards where struggling players (Umberger, etc...) would get the same damn minutes regardless of how they were playing. Wiz kept going out there even when it looked like he had tendons hanging off his legs, and playing with a broken foot and broken ribs. Torts reacts shift by shift. He has overplayed guys at times (Panarin in the playoffs, for sure).

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
There's a lot I'm concerned about with Torts, line management isn't one of them. I just remember the good old days with Todd Richards where struggling players (Umberger, etc...) would get the same damn minutes regardless of how they were playing. Wiz kept going out there even when it looked like he had tendons hanging off his legs, and playing with a broken foot and broken ribs. Torts reacts shift by shift. He has overplayed guys at times (Panarin in the playoffs, for sure).
He definitely overused our top-6 and Jones/Werenski pairing during the first 3 games of the series. I think he even acknowledged it.

But let's be clear. Washington took that series away from us. We were one goal away from going up 3-0 and locking in a series win. Unfortunately, they scored in OT and then turned on the gas for the next 3 games. Changing out Grubauer for Holtby also helped.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Didn't Panarin have his best year last year?

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Yep, and the problem there is that kind of elite talent usually comes from the draft — every single one of those guys listed by geoo9 was drafted by ther squads. Unfortunately most were high picks and then you need some lottery luck.

Panarin is a complete anamonly. How an elite game breaker like that could go undrafted is baffling. Just sucks we can’t catch a long term break with a player like that.

Anyways — the fact that the majority of the elite talent out there is drafted/developed is why I’m not opposed to a futures deal around Panarin.
No matter what is it - lack managements work or bad lottery luck Panarin is not that young to wait at long term deal expecting new contender team there. But for me that must be done previous years. trades or drafting cheap russians with russian factor previous years. But for me it will be better Panarin make matured step and sign there to try what Ovie does - bring cup to fans. Sure he havent that much time - but problem is same to early Wsh - lack top guys who can make game when other shutted down

Last edited:

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
I personally think PLD is the next Getzlaf (maybe not quite the gaudy assist totals, but more goals). He's further ahead in his draft +2 year than some of those guys were.
Well i hope so but Getz was monster back in days, When he was on spot near goalies zone there was fire and devastation at opponents end. PLD Litle bit far from that effect to opponents

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
What do you think about GM? Torts for me just uses what he have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig