Rumor: Panarin unwilling to re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
and so? Panarin unwillin to make discount for kill his chances to SC in poor team bad weather city. Everyone wants big money or real chances for SC. Jackets cant offer either. IF they would have good team with chances panera would make same discount without question.

I don't know what you've been reading, but this isn't Cherepovets here.

If Panarin doesn't want to sign because he doesn't think the Jackets are competitive enough, then I say keep him for the year, he might learn something. This club is a second-tier Stanley Cup contender, that's what I think, that's what Friedman thinks, it's what all the THN analysts think.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
problem is not panarin - any good player would act like panarin at that situation when he realized chances to title. Also not best place to live next 10 years without the cup. Panarin is hard working guy - he never act like he did not care at ice but nobody wants make senceless job. It is GM s Fault that they did not make some base for franchise

1) I never blamed Panarin for anything. But the reasons for his desire to not sign long-term are unclear at best.

2) You don't really know what you're talking about, though.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJFan827

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Have you been assuming that he's made a trade request? Because he hasn't. They've even said that he'd happily re-sign if a short term deal was possible [at his age].

He doesn't want to commit to living in Columbus over the long term - a very reasonable thing and very different from "wanting out".

He doesn't want to be here. It doesn't matter why. If he won't sign a long term deal with us, and that is the only deal he will sign at his age, that is the same thing as a trade request. The only difference is he is I h to play out the next year with Columbus and then leave.

Reactions: Toe Pick

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If he wanted to request a trade, he can do that, and do it explicitly. There's no reason not to if that's what he wants. Ergo, it's not what he wants.

Reactions: Crede777

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
and so? Panarin unwillin to make discount for kill his chances to SC in poor team bad weather city. Everyone wants big money or real chances for SC. Jackets cant offer either. IF they would have good team with chances panera would make same discount without question.

Go away

Reactions: thebus88

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
problem is not panarin - any good player would act like panarin at that situation when he realized chances to title. Also not best place to live next 10 years without the cup. Panarin is hard working guy - he never act like he did not care at ice but nobody wants make senceless job. It is GM s Fault that they did not make some base for franchise

Can you give a list of top players who didn't want to talk about a contract with their team after their team had made the playoffs the past two years?

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Sure he has. He just hasn't stated it explicitly.
He has said "I'm not ready to sign extension at this time."
Emphasis can be placed on "not ready to sign" or on "at this time" That will determine your interpretation of the statement.

I prefer to examine the written statement and not project where the emphasis was placed.

I think Jarmo wanted to meet face-to-face so there was no mis-interpretation of a written statement.
1) You are not ready to extend at this time.
2) We want you on our team and are willing to extend at any time of your choosing; however, we until you make your decision, we will examine every option that comes available to us - not because we do not want you, but because we have to analyze every opportunity.
3) Just to be clear, if we trade you, it is not because you are not wanted on our team.

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Have you been to Nice? It's pretty, um, nice. Good place for a meeting.

Anyway my summary/explanation for the meeting is pretty open-ended. Maybe Jarmo talked conditions for a trade, i.e. how hard, is he going to work, making sure he knows where Panarin might be interested in signing long-term, would Milstein be open to negotiating with a potential trade partner in advance... those kinds of things. Or we'll go into the season as per normal and see how things shake out, is that OK with you, sort of thing. So if you like, feel free to extrapolate.

I just don't think it was a direct contract negotiation, although I suppose Jarmo might have opened with "Just making sure you guys haven't changed your minds about signing..."

Haven't been but its on the list... I do know its a stop on Insight's Best of France tour..

Reactions: cslebn

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good weather and chance to win, if you don't have that, there is no point to have a NHL team!

Maylo, you tell me. Do some Russians just imagine the NHL must be like the KHL? With some teams having all the star players, and the rest of the teams having zero chance - and some of the cities being terrible quality? Because most cities are kind of similar here.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He has said "I'm not ready to sign extension at this time."
Emphasis can be placed on "not ready to sign" or on "at this time" That will determine your interpretation of the statement.

I prefer to examine the written statement and not project where the emphasis was placed.

I think Jarmo wanted to meet face-to-face so there was no mis-interpretation of a written statement.
1) You are not ready to extend at this time.
2) We want you on our team and are willing to extend at any time of your choosing; however, we until you make your decision, we will examine every option that comes available to us - not because we do not want you, but because we have to analyze every opportunity.
3) Just to be clear, if we trade you, it is not because you are not wanted on our team.

That's fine. I don't agree with that though. He doesn't have to sign a contract now. He can discuss what he is looking for, so Columbus knows what he wants and can plan around that. The fact he won't even talk about it tells me all I need to know.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I think there's a good chance his trade value actually increases during the year. We might get more clarity about where he is willing to sign, and/or he rips the league apart as he is capable of.

So that adds to my wish to keep him, on top of him helping the Jackets win and there being a tiny chance of re-signing him later.

And what do we get for him if he were to sustain a season-ending injury before the TDL? Nothing. Jarmo would be an idiot to take that kind of risk.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Maylo, you tell me. Do some Russians just imagine the NHL must be like the KHL? With some teams having all the star players, and the rest of the teams having zero chance - and some of the cities being terrible quality? Because most cities are kind of similar here.
Yes, they want all their russians on one team. Cap space be damned. Remember those good ole days of Detroit? That way they will say "russians are beating everyone in NHL, russian hockey is the best!" You should see the coverage in russian press after Caps won. Ovi, Kuzy and Orlov beat everyone!!! 3 man team!

"Bob should go to Washington! That way they would win!" "Panarin should go to Tampa to play with Kuch or to Caps to play with Kuzy or to his buddy Tarasenko in STL! He will die in that shithole of Columbus under Torts!"

Reactions: Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I just wanna check russian top NHL players that are living big city life.

Malkin - Pittsburgh - nope
Kuzy,Ovi - Washington-nope
Tarasenko - STL-nope
Bob - Columbus - nope
Kucherov - Tampa - nope (but there is a beach!)
Radulov - Dallas - ehh maybe, but not exactly NY or LA.
Provorov - Philly- nope.

So no one. Everyone else is kinda second tier so i didn't bother. So those demands of big city life are ridiculous to me. This is not how you supposed to choose your team.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Tarasenko - STL-nope
Bob - Columbus - nope
Provorov - Philly- nope.

So no one. Everyone else is kinda second tier so i didn't bother. So those demands of big city life are ridiculous to me. This is not how you supposed to choose your team.

Interesting. Must be Svechnikov in Raleigh NC that is causing all this talk about a big city. :sarcasm:

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The jackets have the 4th most wins the past 2 years , and the average age of our core is like 22. Where do u get this nonsense he can’t win a title here ?

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

Tarasenko - STL-nope
Bob - Columbus - nope
Provorov - Philly- nope.

DC, Dallas, and Philly are top 8 metro population centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad